Would you pay extra for light up sabers on 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would ya?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, and Sideshow won't do it anyway. They already discussed this. The sabers would up looking Hasbro sized to accomidate the light up feature and it just wouldn't be economical for them to. The PF are big enough for them to work, but even with Grievous they had the problem of his joints not being big enough to house the wires. That is the other issue, there would be wires that come out of the lightsaber and plug into a battery/wall. It would just look tacky.

People whine enough about everything under the sun. Could you imagine the rash of complaints for non-working lightsabers with loose connections? Or 3/4 lit blades? Simply answer is no. :cool:

I think Grievous is the only saber wielding PF that doesn't light up. I never turn mine on and I took the batteries out for fear of them messing the base up if the corrode. So I don't think it'd be worth it in 12".

ventress doesn't light up either.

Ah, forgot about her since I don't have her. I wonder why hers doesn't light up.

I would love it but I doubt SSC could pull it off successfully at a reasonable price. Great company that it is, this would completly baffle their engineers and drive their bean counters batty!:horror:google:horror:google:horror

it's a good idea i guess. but the problem is that all the important lightsaber wielding characters have already been released and it would be kind of lame to start having working sabers now on the second tier background jedi characters.

it's a good idea i guess. but the problem is that all the important lightsaber wielding characters have already been released and it would be kind of lame to start having working sabers now on the second tier background jedi characters.

I'm not necessarily talking about SST. Could be Medicom or Hot Toys or whoever in the future. I think it's safe to say we will never see this from SST anytime soon.

While I'm sure I'd enjoy the initial appeal, they'd eventually spend to many years boxed up for lack of space to display everything and I'd be too worried about them corroding, so no. As well some of the sabres are fragile enough as it is, I don't want to push my luck adding lights and wires to that formula.

Nope. In reality its a nice feature but either you leave it on all the time or have to walk around and turn them on to show them off and in reality with the size of some of the collections that'd be a non option. With the prices of SSC Star Wars figures creeping slower and slower towards Hot Toys prices another log on the fire isn't welcomed IMHO, they already have me picking and choosing and if the prices raise any higher it'll be a line I drop save a couple of characters I'm still waiting on.

no batteries in my collector figures please. it can be neet sometimes, it it also means loss of articulation to house the electronics.

If there was a way of getting the light-up feature without loosing too much fidelity of detail, I'd be all for it.

Imagine if they had some type of wireless feature that one could purchase a simple remote from Sideshow that would switch them all on (and off) with one click...

That universal remote idea sounds cool but I'd hate to see the mark up on the figures themselves to cover the R&D not to mention can you imagine if they did that now? You'd have half your collection that lit up and half that didn't....either that or we'd be forced to endure re-releases of figures already done...

I have no interest in Hot Toys Star Wars figures and as cool as light-up sabers would be, I'm perfectly satisfied with the sabers are as they are. I think the frosted, translucent plastic that SSC chose for them was an ideal solution for sabers that needed to look lit without lights.

I wouldn't pay more for lighty-up sabers, but perhaps the standard sabers could glow in the dark, like the later Hasbro efforts did?

Cheers,
Doug

Nope. In reality its a nice feature but either you leave it on all the time or have to walk around and turn them on to show them off and in reality with the size of some of the collections that'd be a non option. With the prices of SSC Star Wars figures creeping slower and slower towards Hot Toys prices another log on the fire isn't welcomed IMHO, they already have me picking and choosing and if the prices raise any higher it'll be a line I drop save a couple of characters I'm still waiting on.

+1 * 10000%

SSC is already starting to lose their standing as a value buy.

I would not, because the batteries would run out too quickly. I love displays that light up at night when my room is dark, but only if they plug in.

Back