Would you pay extra for light up sabers on 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would ya?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if they could make it an expansion pack or something, cool. but I wouldn't want that be the only option for figures because im fine without them.

I don't think I would. Seems like it would just be one more thing that would break or stop working over time.

If they made them available stand alone. I think it would have more of a shot. Individually or in a multi pack. Then I would likely pick a few up.

that is a great idea... everyone's happy.

if they could make it an expansion pack or something, cool. but I wouldn't want that be the only option for figures because im fine without them.

Yup! And the necessary price hike for a light-up saber would be just as unwelcome considering collectors are already whining about the price hike with the Pros. Then there's the need for even more cash for batteries, or having to have umpteen power bars in outlets should they take the adapter route.

I say DO it as an add-on. I dont want them for mine, but having it as an add-on kit with sabers for each character, with each Saber costing say, 30$ would probably work.

I think it's interesting how close and split people are on this. I'm a sucker for ^^^^ that lights up so...

I voted yes, but only if the necessary electronics did not have to go through the figure. It the sabers were stand-alone light-up AND if the non-lighted saber came with the figure as well.

Yup! I think it adds a punch to your displays!
DSC07371.jpg

It's an energy drain, and I don't think I'd have them on all the time anyway. For me, it's like a talking feature: pointless while on display.

yep it would have to be remote control too, I'm not gonna open my cabinets and switch each one on & off :p... so no I wouldn't pay more, I don't need to be charged $20 more for a .20c LED or Cathode to be added

My opinion is probably irrelevant in this thread since I only collect Star Wars PFs, but I think light up 1/6th sabers are a great idea; it surely makes a difference on the PFs.

My opinion is probably irrelevant in this thread since I only collect Star Wars PFs, but I think light up 1/6th sabers are a great idea; it surely makes a difference on the PFs.

i feel the same i mainly collect star wars pf's and they really look great with the light up sabers, they should give the 1/6 scale that option with no extra charge to get them moving even quicker:banana i would even collect a few of the 1/6 as some of the poses are very cool

Last edited:
yep it would have to be remote control too, I'm not gonna open my cabinets and switch each one on & off :p... so no I wouldn't pay more, I don't need to be charged $20 more for a .20c LED or Cathode to be added

All the parts that are required and the technical difficulty of assembly is worth a lot more than .20c or $20.

Naa...

One of the ways I enjoy these figures is to pose them and take some photos. When you do that its easy enough to add the saber enhancement, like this terrific shot from MaulF:

27.jpg

Any lighting effect you could achieve with modifications to the figure are never going to look this good. And on the shelf, stock equipment is good enough for me...

Naa...

One of the ways I enjoy these figures is to pose them and take some photos. When you do that its easy enough to add the saber enhancement, like this terrific shot from MaulF:

27.jpg

Any lighting effect you could achieve with modifications to the figure are never going to look this good. And on the shelf, stock equipment is good enough for me...

Gotta disagree. With a cathode sabre you get all the lovely reflected light on the figs. Can't wait to see Vader's red sabre reflecting off his armour. You don't get that with pshop (unless you're really good!)

DSC03720.jpg

Gotta disagree. With a cathode sabre you get all the lovely reflected light on the figs. Can't wait to see Vader's red sabre reflecting off his armour. You don't get that with pshop (unless you're really good!)

Fair enough, but if it cost more than a few bucks per figure I just don't think I'd get enough bang for the expense. Show me a few more examples and see if you can change my mind...

I voted no... not that I wouldn't like to see it, but it seems the custom version always have a ugly tip at the end that doesn't look very good.

I'm fine with the look of the current ones... but if they could look similar to the F/X ones from MR then I might be more interested. The other issue is that to get them working you would most likely have to loose some articulation which I wouldn't be too excited about either.

Is that Anakin just a repaint?
I think the light up saber would be sweet, especially if it didnt make the price jump too much.

Back