Worst casting decisions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ezra Miller as Flash

Jared Leto as Joker

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex

Amy Adams as Lois Lane

Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Plays a great Aquamomoa

Ezra Miller as Flash

Jared Leto as Joker

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex

Amy Adams as Lois Lane

Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Plays a great Aquamomoa

I have to agree. Black Manta guy wasn't good either.

Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker.

:chase

giphy.gif

Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker.

I agree. Weakest part of the OG trilogy for me. There's a reason Han Solo overshadows him in popularity. Having said that, Sabastian Stan would be great as Luke because he's basically a bigger, more muscular and rugged version of Mark Hamill. Less whinny too.

I never cared for any of the heroes in the OT.

Only the Prequels managed to make me care about anyone beyond the villains. A bit. Mostly Obi-Wan. I still don't care for Yoda or whoever else. Including Luke, Leia, Han... I always prefer the villains, what can I do? The MCs are too generic for me. I'm a strict Empire guy. Once I dove into the EU I got some appreciation for the Jedi as a whole, but it pales in comparison to my interest in the Sith. They're cool and edgy space wizards with glowie swords. I want to see them do cool stuff, not be monks. Oh, the Sith OCs and FanFics I wrote back in the day...

I'd watch a Luke show with Sebastian Stan though. Make him a bit of a hardass, give him a hot redheaded babe as Mara Jade, add in Kyle Katarn, adapt that sweet EU lore and we're golden.

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese.

Whatever the name of the guy was that played the main character in the Valerian movie.

Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Christopher Eccleston in GI Joe Rise of Cobra. One of the worst all around casts of any tentpole release ever.

I never cared for any of the heroes in the OT.

Only the Prequels managed to make me care about anyone beyond the villains. A bit. Mostly Obi-Wan. I still don't care for Yoda or whoever else. Including Luke, Leia, Han... I always prefer the villains, what can I do? The MCs are too generic for me. I'm a strict Empire guy. Once I dove into the EU I got some appreciation for the Jedi as a whole, but it pales in comparison to my interest in the Sith. They're cool and edgy space wizards with glowie swords. I want to see them do cool stuff, not be monks. Oh, the Sith OCs and FanFics I wrote back in the day...

I'd watch a Luke show with Sebastian Stan though. Make him a bit of a hardass, give him a hot redheaded babe as Mara Jade, add in Kyle Katarn, adapt that sweet EU lore and we're golden.

I feel the same way about the Empire and the villains. I'm sure that's why they have Vader comics and books about the villains. And yes, I prefer Obi and Anakin over the OT heroes. I just like characters that are skilled or use their powers. AS for Hamill, the only time I liked him was in the beginning of ROTJ when he's dressed in black and kills the pig. That was cool, but then he got captured...and well...he was ok in the final fight too, but that's it. Oh I do like the CGI Luke in Mandalorian because he used his skills and powers. That's what I like from a hero.

I feel the same way about the Empire and the villains. I'm sure that's why they have Vader comics and books about the villains. And yes, I prefer Obi and Anakin over the OT heroes. I just like characters that are skilled or use their powers. AS for Hamill, the only time I liked him was in the beginning of ROTJ when he's dressed in black and kills the pig. That was cool, but then he got captured...and well...he was ok in the final fight too, but that's it. Oh I do like the CGI Luke in Mandalorian because he used his skills and powers. That's what I like from a hero.

Exactly. The characters are too basic for my taste. Too safe and essentially bland. I'm not saying that they have no character, just that it's too limited for my preferences. Honestly, I prefer the villains because they're the ones driving the plot forward. MCs and heroes mostly react, while villains act. The exception to this rule are MCs and/or heroes who are soldiers, knights, and so on. They have certain "jobs" and duties, which makes them more active and I'm more likely to get into them

But really, in my case, the ultimate truth is that I like the edgy dicks and ****s. I like Batman with his all-black brooding. I don't care about "aww schucks" Superman. I like the Sith and their over the top backstabbing and all-black outfits. Even if I'm not a self-inserting X-Stan, I prefer Magneto to the X-Men because he's got more pathos. I prefer Evil Headmistress Domme Emma to the good X-Women. And so on and so forth. I can appreciate more pure and kind characters, in film or literature, but when I want some mindless pop culture entertainment, I want to see an ultra badass GigaChad steal the show. And villains are just that. Even if they're the butt of jokes like Cobra Commander, they still have that aura of power. I don't give two ****s about the Joes past Snake Eyes, but I do love Cobra. They're just pure fun.

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese.

Whatever the name of the guy was that played the main character in the Valerian movie.

Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Christopher Eccleston in GI Joe Rise of Cobra. One of the worst all around casts of any tentpole release ever.

Jai courtney always seems to be miscast. I guess he was okay as Captain Boomerang.

Exactly. The characters are too basic for my taste. Too safe and essentially bland. I'm not saying that they have no character, just that it's too limited for my preferences. Honestly, I prefer the villains because they're the ones driving the plot forward. MCs and heroes mostly react, while villains act. The exception to this rule are MCs and/or heroes who are soldiers, knights, and so on. They have certain "jobs" and duties, which makes them more active and I'm more likely to get into them

But really, in my case, the ultimate truth is that I like the edgy dicks and ****s. I like Batman with his all-black brooding. I don't care about "aww schucks" Superman. I like the Sith and their over the top backstabbing and all-black outfits. Even if I'm not a self-inserting X-Stan, I prefer Magneto to the X-Men because he's got more pathos. I prefer Evil Headmistress Domme Emma to the good X-Women. And so on and so forth. I can appreciate more pure and kind characters, in film or literature, but when I want some mindless pop culture entertainment, I want to see an ultra badass GigaChad steal the show. And villains are just that. Even if they're the butt of jokes like Cobra Commander, they still have that aura of power. I don't give two ****s about the Joes past Snake Eyes, but I do love Cobra. They're just pure fun.

That's probably why I like Rambo so much. He's damaged, super skilled, wears black (in the sequels), has cool weapons, he's the reluctant heroe who wants to live in peace, but deep down he likes to fight, to win, to make up for Vietnam or simply to do what has to be done because he can and others can't or won't do it.

Last edited:
That's probably why I like Rambo so much. He's damaged, super skilled, wears black (in the sequels), has cool weapons, he's the reluctant heroe who wants to live in peace, but deep downs he likes to fight, to win, to make up for Vietnam or simply to do what has to be done because he can and other can't or won't do it.

I'll be honest, I never got into the "80s Classics". Rambo, Predator, Robocop, etc. I've watched the flicks, but never developed any sort of "bond". I will say that Rambo had a tad more going for him if you take First Blood only. After that it's mostly an action series, and it's alright for what it is, but it's not really for me. Honestly, while I favour one or two archetypes, I'm all over the place with regards to the characters I like. It comes down to a combination of the look, the story, the powers/abilities, the setting, and so on and so forth, to make me care. Just because I like [X] and that falls under the [Y] category, doesn't mean I'll also like [Z]. It's got to all come together and "click" for me.

That's probably why I like Rambo so much. ....wears black (in the sequels)...

Most modern heroes wear black anymore, don't they? Even Luke Skywalker when he becomes an expert superhero.

Mad Max
Bond
Batman
Neo
Terminator (the good one)
Jon Crow
Brody
Aragorn (looks black)
Thor
Ian Malcolm
Wick... and just about any modern day man-in-a-suit hero

And most other modern heroes wear mostly dark clothing...
Indy
Ripley
McClane
Sarah Connor
Dutch
Jack Sparrow
even Captain America... after they ditched his bright blues

Last edited:
Most modern heroes wear black anymore, don't they? Even Luke Skywalker when he becomes an expert superhero.

Mad Max
Bond
Batman
Neo
Terminator (the good one)
Jon Crow
Brody
Aragorn (looks black)
Thor
Ian Malcolm
Wick... and just about any modern day man-in-a-suit hero

And most other modern heroes wear mostly dark clothing...
Indy
Ripley
McClane
Sarah Connor
Dutch
Jack Sparrow
even Captain America... after they ditched his bright blues
That's cause they all went to see Zorro that night. :wink1:
2wdiix.gif

5o1ra6.gif

5o3mjx.gif

5o3j20.gif

49ed92.gif

4ahqay.gif

4fi526.gif

Other favorite heroes all in black, (mostly well cast, (one exception)
Zorro
Solomon Kane
The Shadow
Batman
Ms Fury
The Black Terror (still waiting on those two)
Black Canary
Diabolik
were you expecting yellow spandex foX-Men
neophyte Daredevil black
Black Widow
Black Panther
El Diablo (Lazarillo Llanao
Ghost Rider (Reyes version :lol
The Crow
Dredd
Punisher
Blade
Snake Eyes
Men in Black
Captain Harlock
Dread Pirate (Wesley
Luke Skywalker

5o7u3r.gif

x
5o7vag.gif

Last edited:

Ripley
McClane
Sarah Connor

The three of them start out with clean white shirts but end up in dark shirts or wearing dark outfits. I wonder if it's meant to symbolize a change within them or are they simply dirty or wearing a "cool" new costume? Maybe both, me thinks. 🤔

Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. Even though he was given a poorly written part and underdeveloped character, a skilled actor might have been able to do something, anything with the role.

Dwayne Johnson in Jungle Cruise. Again, crap part but nothing there but a shape. Made me want to start a “Go Fund Me” page to get my $30 back.

Whoever that clown was that played Green Goblin in ASM.

I think someone already mentioned Ezra Miller as The Flash, but it’s like watching a character from the Big Bang Theory in a big budget comic book movie.

Tom Holland as Spider-Man. He's too awkward, much like Ezra Millers version of the Flash.

Back