Worst casting decisions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And honestly, we all know why they cast that guy. It's because of Rama-Tut. Because American media are for some reason trying to convinve the world that Egyptians were blacks from Western Africa. They could've cast actual Egyptians if they didn't want to upset anyone .......
loki-kang-the-conqueror.gif

This is going to take the We wuz Kangs memes to a whole new level..:google

Last edited:
Oh dear, just looked that up. So the superhero property that was being inclusive before inclusivity was cool must in particular be singled out for corrective action. :lol
X-Men became the property that all normies jumped on because “muh allegory” made them feel as if they weren’t reading dumb Capeshit but “deep” fiction. X-Men started out as a way for Lee to churn out lots of characters without thinking of a backstory, and “muh allegory” wasn’t a thing. They were just stand-ins for nerds and concerns with Nuclear Power. Claremont’s retcon came in years into his run even. X-Men sold because of the Sci-Fi plots, soap opera relationships, hot women and cool powers. But Singer came along and we are where we are. Not that anybody knows that. You’ll have 90% of people thinking Jean/Logan/Scott was some deliberate plot that was there from the beginning, and not Claremont throwing a hissyfit. But nooooo, X-Men was always about muh… wait, let me check my notes. What is it this time? Blacks? Gays? Muslims? Trans? I say they’re an allegory for Trans-Racial AI. It makes about as much sense as equating literal gods who can remake the world, and literally any kind of human group. It’s a ****** allegory that still persists because of marketing and morons. Nonsense like this made me drop the X-Men for years.

At least once day I’ll wish I had never gotten into any of this. Normies ruin everything alongside studios and their desire to make money off dumb normies. I hate every single facet of pop culture. From the battered housewife syndrome nerds in their 40s who still buy Capeshit because they’re unable to move on, to the poseurs who jump on the bandwagon. I’m just too much of a completionist to leave it all incomplete. But I hate it all. The comics, the vidya, the annoying ***** on Twitter who destroyed this dumb but fun hobby; I hate it all.

Last edited:
This is going to take the We wuz K[h]angs memes to a whole new level.
Obviously. The funniest part will be the actual Twitter mob going “YAAAAAAS MAHVEL PORTRAY THE KANGZ AS THEY WUZ” instead of the meme shitposting. Sometimes I have to wonder if the producers and such are just messing with us. Someone has to have noticed how every redhead gets racebent into a black guy/gal. Either way, Kang’s casting pisses me off. It’s not like 2003 Daredevil where they got a big guy like Duncan to play a big guy like Kingpin. Kingpin’s race didn’t matter beyond being a mobster, and the most iconic incarnation of this role being the Godfather. Duncan fit the mold and played the role. This is just downright miscasting. The person has to fit the character. This guy’s tall and black, but he wouldn’t make a good T’Challa either. He’s got a goofy mug and a limited range. I don’t much care for MCU T’Challa, Killmonger and find that Shuri was downright assassinated, but they didn’t completely screw it up. Kang’s just awful.

I’m trying, I’m trying… A good Doom & FF will placate me. Honesty, apart from Xavier/Magneto and the Villains, which I want accurately cast, a part of me is hoping for peak Tumblr X-Casting so that I won’t have to buy the dollies. I do fee guilty about it, but…

Obviously. The funniest part will be the actual Twitter mob going “YAAAAAAS MAHVEL PORTRAY THE KANGZ AS THEY WUZ” instead of the meme shitposting. Sometimes I have to wonder if the producers and such are just messing with us. Someone has to have noticed how every redhead gets racebent into a black guy/gal. Either way, Kang’s casting pisses me off. It’s not like 2003 Daredevil where they got a big guy like Duncan to play a big guy like Kingpin. Kingpin’s race didn’t matter beyond being a mobster, and the most iconic incarnation of this role being the Godfather. Duncan fit the mold and played the role. This is just downright miscasting. The person has to fit the character. This guy’s tall and black, but he wouldn’t make a good T’Challa either. He’s got a goofy mug and a limited range. I don’t much care for MCU T’Challa, Killmonger and find that Shuri was downright assassinated, but they didn’t completely screw it up. Kang’s just awful.

I’m trying, I’m trying… A good Doom & FF will placate me. Honesty, apart from Xavier/Magneto and the Villains, which I want accurately cast, a part of me is hoping for peak Tumblr X-Casting so that I won’t have to buy the dollies. I do fee guilty about it, but…
Alas, I think we have Buckley's chance of getting an accurate F4 or Doom, so I'm just hoping it will be good.

What do you do with your time besides this? 'This' meaning poring over the minutiae of pop culture stuff you are or were involved with.
Dunno, go about my daily life? It’s venting on the ‘net, it’s not exactly a full-time job.

Alas, I think we have Buckley's chance of getting an accurate F4 or Doom, so I'm just hoping it will be good.
Yeah, fair point. It’s Watts directing, I’m not expecting much in general.

Dunno, go about my daily life? It’s venting on the ‘net, it’s not exactly a full-time job.
Fair enough. But you could always just ... drop it all and go about your daily life even more so. Do something new. See if the completion-ism subsides or goes dormant.

To what is that reference?
Any link? thanks!
Could The X-MEN Be Given A More "Inclusive" Team Name When They Make Their MCU Debut?

Not sure why that guy allowed this video to get online. Wow.
It was a different time.

Fair enough. But you could always just ... drop it all and go about your daily life even more so. Do something new. See if the completion-ism subsides or goes dormant.
Eh, why? Online is online, it's got little bearing on the day-to-day life. Venting, ranting and spitting out long streams of angry consciousness over dollies based on funnybooks about guys in tights while drinking my morning cocoa is fun. And besides, if I could drop it all I wouldn't be here, or in any geek-related place. Everything would be in the trash and I would want nothing. But I can't, so here I am. One day I'll check off everything from my list and that'll be it. It's not as big a "problem" as I make it in those "essays"; I just like ranting and writing. And besides, if I give up, the pesky normies and filthy casuals win. No, I'll have my collection.

Last edited:
I didn't hate Sylvie, but they definitely made Loki a passenger in his own show and completely nerfed him (and Bucky in TFATWS) as well.
I was not a fan of Kang/Immortus at the end, but just assumed we'll see a more evil and menacing version in the future.
I mean it's not his show, it's called "Loki" sure, but she's also a Loki.

Eh I’d rather see her performance first, since the actual creator of the games is heavily involved in the show I’d assume they cast her and Pedro for a reason.

“BuT tHiS rEaL pErSon DoeSnT LoOk LiKe mY fAkE BiDeO gAmE ChArActEr”

I mean it's not his show, it's called "Loki" sure, but she's also a Loki.
She is technically a Loki, but she considers herself seperate so much so she gave herself a different name.
Before the show started everyone assumed it was his show, and you could argue it evolved to be their show, like Ant-Man evolved to Ant-Man & the Wasp.

She is technically a Loki, but she considers herself seperate so much so she gave herself a different name.
Before the show started everyone assumed it was his show, and you could argue it evolved to be their show, like Ant-Man evolved to Ant-Man & the Wasp.
Plus you could argue that the title character in The Mandalorian isn’t even the focus, the focus was Grogu.

Back