Worst casting decisions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. This is muh hobby!

eltvillehcp6.jpg

Tye Sheridan and Sophie Turner as Scott Summer and Jean Grey were god awful choices. Horrible actors for legendary characters.
Agreed. I liked FC/DoFP well enough, DoFP especially, but Jesus were those other two ones bad. X-Men is a part-time Space Opera dammit, that's what I want to see. Loking back, it was really only MacAvoy and Fassbender that really made those flicks. All other casting choices sucked. Cyclops should be a Chad and Jean should be a Stacy, period. Jackman as Wolverine really poisoned the well as they couldn't have any X-Man outshine him. One good thing from the MCU Non-Specific-Current-Year-Gender-Mutants will be that they won't have to deal with Jackverine and focus on some others. But Wolverine will still be front and centre, so I might be in for a rude awakening...

Agreed. I liked FC/DoFP well enough, DoFP especially, but Jesus were those other two ones bad. X-Men is a part-time Space Opera dammit, that's what I want to see. Loking back, it was really only MacAvoy and Fassbender that really made those flicks. All other casting choices sucked. Cyclops should be a Chad and Jean should be a Stacy, period. Jackman as Wolverine really poisoned the well as they couldn't have any X-Man outshine him. One good thing from the MCU Non-Specific-Current-Year-Gender-Mutants will be that they won't have to deal with Jackverine and focus on some others. But Wolverine will still be front and centre, so I might be in for a rude awakening...
We'll likely see X-23 as Wolverine.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it. Wolverine's hogged the X-Spotlight for years, and it frees them up from having to rival Jackman. Plus, they could tempt him back with MCU Logan being some weeaboo Ronin doing loner brooding in Samurai gear and appearing here and there as a mentor. Now, I know that this is hypocritical of me, as hardcore Wolverine fans have been waiting for years to get a more accurate representation of the character, but... Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's every fanboy for themselves. An easy Wolverine raceswap would making him a Native American, but I don't know if they'd go there. Like AC Connor V2 or something. X-Wise I'm more of a Summers/Xavier/Magneto type of guy over a Wolverine one. It's all the Apocalypse/Sinister/Cable/etc stories that get me, so I'm less attached to Wolverine. But I understand how people would be mad over Laura being THE Wolverine, the same way I'd be if they changed a character I like very much. But with X-23 it's a bit of a lifesaver as well since it's got precedent in the comics and the actual Logan can still show up.

The X-Verse will be full of race, gender and sexuality swaps, let's be honest. It just remains how hard they'll go. I'd rather they push Warpath and Synch rather than racebend Beast and Gambit, but who knows what these "X-Men is a sexist name" people will think up.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it. Wolverine's hogged the X-Spotlight for years, and it frees them up from having to rival Jackman. Plus, they could tempt him back with MCU Logan being some weeaboo Ronin doing loner brooding in Samurai gear and appearing here and there as a mentor. Now, I know that this is hypocritical of me, as hardcore Wolverine fans have been waiting for years to get a more accurate representation of the character, but... Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's every fanboy for themselves. An easy Wolverine raceswap would making him a Native American, but I don't know if they'd go there. Like AC Connor V2 or something. X-Wise I'm more of a Summers/Xavier/Magneto type of guy over a Wolverine one. It's all the Apocalypse/Sinister/Cable/etc stories that get me, so I'm less attached to Wolverine. But I understand how people would be mad over Laura being THE Wolverine, the same way I'd be if they changed a character I like very much. But with X-23 it's a bit of a lifesaver as well since it's got precedent in the comics and the actual Logan can still show up.

The X-Verse will be full of race, gender and sexuality swaps, let's be honest. It just remains how hard they'll go. I'd rather they push Warpath and Synch rather than racebend Beast and Gambit, but who knows what these "X-Men is a sexist name" people will think up.
I think once we get a view on the X-Men name (X-Mxn?) replacement, that might give us a hint. There are plenty of existing multi-ethnic X characters they can go with without having to race change, and ditto for the gender, unless they want to start making them non-binary or whatever term those who are hip with the jive use now.

I think once we get a view on the X-Men name (X-Mxn?) replacement, that might give us a hint. There are plenty of existing multi-ethnic X characters they can go with without having to race change, and ditto for the gender, unless they want to start making them non-binary or whatever term those who are hip with the jive use now.
X-Men have tons of characters from all backgrounds. It'd just get them more publicity to go "Angel is now black and not a blondie; the face of beauty redefined; triggered yet chuds" than to just push Synch, M, Sunfire, Frenzy and so on.

We don't know yet that they will change the name from X-men to XY-force or whatever but jeez it would be really stupid if they did. X-men has clearly never been a boys only club, not even close. The name has never defined the actual content of the universe and the team - all sensible people know this. It's just a name that sounded cool. However it is a long-established name. There's been over 20 years of movies under that banner let alone the comics history. They should not change it to cater to a minority of twitter idiots who've suddenly decided it's offensive.

So the same people who want biological males to be allowed to compete in women's sports are now demanding that the X-Men be renamed to acknowledge the women that are already on the team. Got it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it.

Not sure how much they'd acknowledge from the FOX continuity, yet it already established possible separate time lines, that not only allows for, but continually uses possible futures and timelines as it's narrative playground.
In fact that is even more now part the multi-U world they are developing.

Everything they need; set-up the premise, the writer, director, and actress Dafne Keen Fernández all there, and still seem worth pursuing.

Mangold said:
‘Logan’: Hugh Jackman on Laura Movie ... – The Hollywood Reporter
The film is continuing to defy expectations. While Logan is the rare superhero project that doesn’t exist to help set up a shared universe or sequels, a spinoff is brewing (“We’re just working on a script,” Mangold says of a film that would center on Dafne Keen‘s Laura).

And Dafne looks even more the part going forward.
Fdl5gz3.jpg

In fact losing her would be the "worst casting decision".

Last edited:
Not sure how much they'd acknowledge from the FOX continuity, yet it already established possible separate time lines, that not only allows for, but continually uses possible futures and timelines as it's narrative playground.
In fact that is even more now part the multi-U world they are developing.

Everything they need; set-up the premise, the writer, director, and actress Dafne Keen Fernández all there, and still seem worth pursuing.

And Dafne looks even more the part going forward.
Fdl5gz3.jpg

In fact losing her would be the "worst casting decision".
It doesn't even need to be the same X-23 as the Fox-verse. It'd just happen that the MCU version looks the same as the Fox version. They could easily bring Jackman back as Old Man Logan in a teacher position. Laura is the main, actiony Wolverine, and Logan's part of the "old guard". Honestly, I never cared for the X-Men as teens, so I wish they'd go with Cyclops, Jean and the such already established. They could've tussled with just Magneto and some space stuff thus far, with Sinister, Apocalypse and the such being the new threats. That's a justification to finally give Jackman an outfit as armour since he'd be an old man now. It's evident that reusing beloved casting works, and with all the multiverse stuff, it's easy to pull it off. Jackman gets to replay a role he likes without killing himself in training, fans go nuts, money rolls in; win-win.

Yeah as an alternate future, they can easily continue X-23 as a separate story line, she's even set up with a whole group of new Mutants, if they want Mangold back directing. Give him free reign in that U.

As for the main Universe, whoever they cast as re-Wolverine , is going to end up in this thread,
for some Nobody will ever be good enough to fill those shoes. and be rejected out right, no matter how good they are. He'll be seen as an imitation and impostor.
I hope for MCU they go with the authentic short and stocky version, so people can't even associate the two :lol

Last edited:
Bad casting decisions. Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese and even worse Emila Clarke as Sarah Connor.
Jai looked nothing like Kyle Reese/Michael Biehn. He had the physique (a bit too big) but that its.
Emilia looked like Linda Hamilton facially but physically she was NOTHING like Linda Hamilton. In T1 she was slender and in T2 she was ripped as hell! Emilia is neither of these things. We are supposed to believe this is a highly trained Sarah and yet she looked nothing of the sort.

Yeah as an alternate future, they can easily continue X-23 as a separate story line, she's even set up with a whole group of new Mutants, if they want Mangold back directing. Give him free reign in that U.

As for the main Universe, whoever they cast as re-Wolverine , is going to end up in this thread,
for some Nobody will ever be good enough to fill those shoes. and be rejected out right, no matter how good they are. He'll be seen as an imitation and impostor.
I hope for MCU they go with the authentic short and stocky version, so people can't even associate the two :lol
-9 months later-

Uh, did you fall into a time warp? :lol

As for Wolverine, if they portray him more accurately this time around, shorter, stockier, with a costume and everything, I think people would be more forgiving and manage to move past Jackman. Whom I think is sure to show up as a Multiverse cameo or whatever by the time Secret Wars rolls around. But yeah, the key is to just adapt him more faithfully. If he comes out slicing and dicing undead ninjas in a costume, instead of being a prettyboy in a leather jacket, the tone would be different enough for most to accept the new version.

PS: I still hate the Kang casting. What? It's relevant to the thread...

Casting I really hate is stunt casting for small cameos.

Example....Saving Private Ryan. It's one of the most intense, gripping, bowel-clenching experiences I've ever had at the cinema, and about halfway through, Sam Malone from "Cheers" shows up as some kind of high ranking soldier for a few minutes for no reason at all. Why??

Same with "Inglourious Basterds." I'm all into it, wondering where the story is gonna go next....then all of a sudden, an aged Austin Powers shows up speaking his bad British accent. I'm just sitting there going....is that Mike Myers? Is he pretending to be British? But not as a joke, but for real? Is he....wearing a ******* fake rubber nose??

Ugh. That crap just kills a scene right in its tracks and derails a movie.

Last edited:
Keanu Reeves as Jonathan Harker in Dracula
Kevin Costner as Robin Hood

These are both pretty obvious though

Casting Keanu Reeves is like cooking fish.

There's one way to get it very right ( Speed, Matrix, John Wick, Point Break, Street Kings)

Then there's the shockingly easy way to get it wrong ( any romcom, Dracula, Devil's Advocate, Much Ado About Nothing, Feeling Minnesota, Chain Reaction)

Back