Worst casting decisions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Revolori was ridiculous, and Depp was borderline sacrilegious.

While I am a HUGE Wilder fan, his adaptation of WW was not at all like the book.

Drops character was much more like the novel......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is those things. The majority of people will say that. We know the real reason her name is predictably being mentioned here. There are a dedicated bunch of bitter individuals who will continue their failed mission.

While I don't disagree that some people have an axe to grind, I stand by my choice for Larson being included in this informal poll.

I know she can act, which is why her performance as this character is perplexing, and I mentioned that perhaps it's a directorial or script issue, but the fact is she's pretty dull for an MCU lead as seen on screen. As for the actor's personality and what she's said to the press etc. -- that's a whole other thing not worth getting into here, but irrelevant to whether or not she was a good casting choice.

O h yea how could I forget the guy who plays Flash in the MCU. I'm all for being new and different but atleast be intimidating. Base Peter parker before he got bitten can beat that flash's ass. I would never let someone so short and small constantly talk so much ****. Hilarious.

O h yea how could I forget the guy who plays Flash in the MCU. I'm all for being new and different but atleast be intimidating. Base Peter parker before he got bitten can beat that flash's ass. I would never let someone so short and small constantly talk so much ****. Hilarious.

Wait what are you talking about? Flash in the MCU?

Lol!!!

Personally, I will always hold Sophia Coppola in The Godfather 3 as the worst casting ever. She is at least 30% of why that film was not what it could have been.

Yes, this is arguably the worst of all time. She is so poor she just takes you out of the movie.

Hayden Christensen is also on the list.

While I am a HUGE Wilder fan, his adaptation of WW was not at all like the book.

Drops character was much more like the novel......

Being closer to the book doesn't make for a better movie necessarily. It is a completely different animal. One is linear and internal while the other is dynamic and external. You brought up Jaws, for example -- much better as a movie than a book. Hooper in the movie was certainly not the Hooper in the book. And while the Wonka creep factor worked for the book, it is too creepy, verging on pedo, when visually surrounded by children.

Being closer to the book doesn't make for a better movie necessarily. It is a completely different animal. One is linear and internal while the other is dynamic and external. You brought up Jaws, for example -- much better as a movie than a book. Hooper in the movie was certainly not the Hooper in the book. And while the Wonka creep factor worked for the book, it is too creepy, verging on pedo, when visually surrounded by children.

That?s all true. But did he get the character correct? Probably.....but is it bad casting when your actor nails the part? WW was never meant to be likable in Dahl?s book.

So is it poor casting? Or people just not really liking the actual character?

In your Hooper analogy, I would say Dryfuss would have been a terrible Hopper IF they had followed the book, but his character is so radically different from the book, it?s more of a completely different take on him.

That leads us back to the whole Witcher debate, is it miscasting if the character is fundamentally different than the source material? Or if they just look different?

I think using the book to judge a movie is just a poor decision. Judge the movie on its own merit since it is a different vehicle.

I can understand when someone really likes a book and then finds the casting wrong, but that is someone clinging to the book; wanting the movie to be as much like the book as possible. That isn't always a good thing. Similar to Star Wars fans wanting things as they imagined, or like the toys they played with long ago.

This idea -- book to movie -- really is worthy of its own thread because it is a different discussion than movie casting. The only thing I would say is that if the book was about Christian Bale and they cast Cavill in the movie role, that would be bad casting from book to movie.

I think we can all recognize bad casting (see new Superman movie)... but it is not the same as casting a book character into a movie character, because the book character has likely changed in many ways between the two mediums besides physical attributes.

I think using the book to judge a movie is just a poor decision. Judge the movie on its own merit since it is a different vehicle.

I can understand when someone really likes a book and then finds the casting wrong, but that is someone clinging to the book; wanting the movie to be as much like the book as possible. That isn't always a good thing. Similar to Star Wars fans wanting things as they imagined, or like the toys they played with long ago.

This idea -- book to movie -- really is worthy of its own thread because it is a different discussion than movie casting. The only thing I would say is that if the book was about Christian Bale and they cast Cavill in the movie role, that would be bad casting from book to movie.

I think we can all recognize bad casting (see new Superman movie)... but it is not the same as casting a book character into a movie character, because the book character has likely changed in many ways between the two mediums besides physical attributes.

Very good post.

So start that book to movie thread.

By this logic, Depo sucks as WW.

I don't think GF3 is a bad film, just misunderstood. :monkey3

As a stand-alone movie called The Vatican Crime Chronicles, for example, it would be a decent enough movie. As the third Godfather movie its terrible.
Kind of like the Star Wars sequel trilogy.
Not weighing in on those movies either way so that the thread doesn?t get derailed, but let?s just say that Last Jedi for example would not get the hate that it does if it was called Space Battles and Mark Hamill was playing a character called The Space Hermit.
Context is everything and unfortunately GF3 has to be judged as a Godfather movie, which makes it terrible.
If it was misunderstood that would actually help it.

Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane in Superman Returns

I also agree on Emila Clarke as Sarah Connor, she didn't fit the part at all like Linda Hamilton or Lena Headey had, but I also think the character was poorly written in Genisys.

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese in Genisys also didn't work for me at all.

George Clooney in Batman and Robin. He really made a terrible Batman.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hayden christensen as Anakin Skywalker
Ben Affleck as daredevil
Kate Bosworth as lois lane
Jaime fox as Electro
Paul Giamatti as Rino
Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker
Creepy Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther
Ezra Miller as Flash but he is sort of growing on me after zsjl
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, he would be better as booster gold or suicide squad member if cast in dc movie
Bri Larson as Captain marvel- sorry but she is just not likable at all, she doesnt smile enough to play a superhero, she has a resting ?***** face?
Halle Berry as Catwoman

Robert Pattison Skinny scrawny Sparkling Vampire as batman

Casting Jai Courtney in anything dude can not act for ****

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese.

Especially since Wilson 'Bullseye' Bethel was also up for it, and looks so much more like Michael Biehn.

Also, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. WHAT was Snyder thinking.

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese.

Especially since Wilson 'Bullseye' Bethel was also up for it, and looks so much more like Michael Biehn.

Also, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. WHAT was Snyder thinking.

Ya i see why people add him to the list- it put me off at first but after a few rewatches i think he was fine, definitely better then kevin spacey and jon cryer. People really like michael rosenberg’s lex luthor from smallville, honestly we havent got any good luthors , people give gene hackman a pass cause stm was so good but he wasnt a good luthor to me either. No good casting so far lol

Back