Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everything looks nice but shouldn't he have some lip definition? I see lots of details on the arm, fabric line, and mask.

Yea, it was actually the first thing i noticed when unboxing him. The lips were rather pale and definately needs more detail...

Awesome pics !!!! Any news on the custom heads?

Still praying that this does become a reality. I did message Alex but have yet to hear back from him...:dunno

If SS wasn't such a monopoly in the market they wouldn't have the capital to produce the dozens of new marvel statues and DC statues at the rate they have been coming out as of recent. I collect bowen and koto too but not one of those companies has anything in the works like SS has leaked out in the last two months and that isn't even taking into consideration the sneaks that we haven't even seen full pics of yet. They have so much coming its almost overbearing. It's hard to hate on a company for capitalizing on what they do best and right now there is no one else that can touch the 1/4 or 1/2 scale department. Any good businessman strives for the largest margin they can rake. Thats just good business. SS exists to make money as does any other statue manufacture out there. Don't kid yourself into thinking Randy and Sosa wouldn't love to have a chance at producing in a larger scale department with higher margins. I feel you on the price tags but I can honestly say there are very few SS purchases I have made where buyers remorse kicked in after I had the piece in hand. As far as the 2k price tag on wolverine, I won't even remember the cash is gone the moment he's sitting in my living room.

I understand clearly the necessity for a company to grow. It is capitalism one on one. The problem with Sideshow is that it has grown so rapidly while sacrificing key elements for a sustainable future.

For starters, they are not using freelancing artists anymore. Many "Grails" came out of talented people like these. They are constantly recicling ideas with endless cash-ins. They have increase edition sizes but they have been priced as limited edition. They justify it by saying that the cost of manucfactiring in China has increased nowadays, but the truth is that the higher the production, the lower the cost. We are paying full price for hollow pieces. The Classic Hulk PF was half the price of the Movie Maquette but it weight 3 times more (at least)! The truth is that they are charging us for more while giving us less just to maintain the licenses, PR agents and a list of endless worldwide shows. All of these add up at the cash register.

We might be critical against Bowen, but this company has hardly changed its modus operandi for the last 20 years. They do not attend Comicon or any other show but have a great following. Don't get me wrong, I love Sideshow at its best, I just don't agree with the direction that the company is taking. New collectors drool for premium formats (something that I see clearly here and in other forums) while despising other scales. They believe what "seasoned" collectors say and end up being sheep on the Ebay slaughter. I really have a problem with Flippers and those ready to take advantage of the ill informed.

Monopolies kill competition. We haven't seen new companies rising in recent years (I still remember 15 years ago when there was an infusion of new blood everywhere). Nowadays, It is a tough market and artists are struggling to survive. How long can the hobby be sustainable? We have to wait and see. Competing with a giant is always a hard pill to swallow.

I understand clearly the necessity for a company to grow. It is capitalism one on one. The problem with Sideshow is that it has grown so rapidly while sacrificing key elements for a sustainable future.

For starters, they are not using freelancing artists anymore. Many "Grails" came out of talented people like these. They are constantly recicling ideas with endless cash-ins. They have increase edition sizes but they have been priced as limited edition. They justify it by saying that the cost of manucfactiring in China has increased nowadays, but the truth is that the higher the production, the lower the cost. We are paying full price for hollow pieces. The Classic Hulk PF was half the price of the Movie Maquette but it weight 3 times more (at least)! The truth is that they are charging us for more while giving us less just to maintain the licenses, PR agents and a list of endless worldwide shows. All of these add up at the cash register.

We might be critical against Bowen, but this company has hardly changed its modus operandi for the last 20 years. They do not attend Comicon or any other show but have a great following. Don't get me wrong, I love Sideshow at its best, I just don't agree with the direction that the company is taking. New collectors drool for premium formats (something that I see clearly here and in other forums) while despising other scales. They believe what "seasoned" collectors say and end up being sheep on the Ebay slaughter. I really have a problem with Flippers and those ready to take advantage of the ill informed.

Monopolies kill competition. We haven't seen new companies rising in recent years (I still remember 15 years ago when there was an infusion of new blood everywhere). Nowadays, It is a tough market and artists are struggling to survive. How long can the hobby be sustainable? We have to wait and see. Competing with a giant is always a hard pill to swallow.

:goodpost: You make some very good points there jp, i tend to agree with you, inparticular the points higlighted in bold.

Last edited:
This might have already been discussed but does anyone have any recommendations for a spinning 360 display that I can put on a table. Especially one that can hold the LS wolverine. I'd like to put him on a table but move him around 360 degrees...

Yeah, I figured that's what the majority of people used? Ive seen many of these in stores to for around the same price.

This might have already been discussed but does anyone have any recommendations for a spinning 360 display that I can put on a table. Especially one that can hold the LS wolverine. I'd like to put him on a table but move him around 360 degrees...

Yea, i did something similiar for my temporary display. I had my Wolverine LSF on a large platform which sat on an electronic rotating turntable. So one flick of the switch and around he goes and you can sit back and admire him in all his glory! The lazy Susan is another great alternative! :exactly:

edysadyr.jpg

8e9uba8y.jpg

ne3a2eba.jpg

thats a great display for the wolverine lsf :clap

looking forward to this figure.. hope that the statue will get shipped this month, since it should have been shipped in june first, then it was july and now there are still no updates.

thats a great display for the wolverine lsf :clap

looking forward to this figure.. hope that the statue will get shipped this month, since it should have been shipped in june first, then it was july and now there are still no updates.

Thanks Gamb1t! :hi5: hope you get some good news soon regading your order pal :)

Here is my first custom head that I wanted done. I really wanted an open mouth with him raging. It turned out nice.

Back