Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying I don't want them to make money, but are you saying they wouldn't make money if they sold them for 1000 or 1500, since they are ONLY a foot taller than a 350 PF?

EDIT - Do you know their profit margin?

I'm not saying I don't want them to make money, but are you saying they wouldn't make money if they sold them for 1000 or 1500, since they are ONLY a foot taller than a 350 PF?

So basically you as a customer want to tell them how much profit to make :lol

Can you convince Apple to sell their new Ipad for $99? I'd really appreciate it.

So basically you as a customer want to tell them how much profit to make :lol

Can you convince Apple to sell their new Ipad for $99? I'd really appreciate it.

Again, I'm just trying to understand their logic in charging 2K for something that is a foot taller than a PF, has no numbering for collectible value, has no exclusive stuff. I asked if anyone knew their profit margin...or had a guess as to how much it really costs them to make something like that. But all i seem to get is SSC's staff members in Sideshow Freaks forum member disguises. :wink1:

Again, I'm just trying to understand their logic in charging 2K for something that is a foot taller than a PF, has no numbering for collectible value, has no exclusive stuff. I asked if anyone knew their profit margin...or had a guess as to how much it really costs them to make something like that. But all i seem to get is SSC's staff members in Sideshow Freaks forum member disguises. :wink1:

this is easy...BECAUSE THEY CAN!

The 65% they charge to ADs comes to $1300 per piece, and they are stil making a profit on every one sold to an AD.

It isn't just about making it a foot taller. The statue is larger in volume not just height. The lower ES size is definitely also a factor along with increases wages in China.

It isn't as simple as it is 2 times bigger so it should be twice as expensive as a lot of you want to imply. It is basic algebra people. It is a doubling of height, width, and depth. Not just height :slap

In no way am I saying that it isn't overpriced, but some of you are making laughable comments. Which company out there releases the logistics of how they justify their prices? No other company does it so why are you expecting Sideshow to reveal this info to you?

I will give it a go.

You can't just multiply 1:4 by 2 and get 1:2. All dimensions increase in proportion, so that the volume increases by 8.

Example:

6" x 2" x 15" box = volume 180 cubic inches
12" x 4" x 30" box = 1440 cubic inches volume.

Granted, when you go to 1:2 scale, you are more than likely going to hollow out the statue, but still, you are going to use more materials - mold, resin, paint, etc.

Also, there are economies of scale. They are not going to be making 2000 of these statues. The smaller the run, the higher the cost per item.

How's that?

ETA - D'oh! What darren said.

Plus the price of risk. Sideshow didn't know if these would sell at all before they put all of the money in to R&D. That does cost money and add to the final piece.

I will give it a go.

You can't just multiply 1:4 by 2 and get 1:2. All dimensions increase in proportion, so that the volume increases by 8.

Example:

Granted, when you go to 1:2 scale, you are more than likely going to hollow out the statue, but still, you are going to use more materials - mold, resin, paint, etc.

Also, there are economies of scale. They are not going to be making 2000 of these statues. The smaller the run, the higher the cost per item.

How's that?

Are these going to be solid polystone like the PF's?

I will give it a go.

Example:

How's that?

:goodpost: I concur with what Bink said.

At the end of the day so what if Sideshow overcharges by 100%? You are the one making decision with your wallet. Let Sideshow know how you feel by voting with your wallet not with a keyboard. Sideshow never intended this to be a line for everyone anyways. Some of the comments are like complaining about a Ferrari not being 10 times as fast even though it is priced 10 times higher.

SIDESHOW is just trying to scalp more their customer base.

Due the global economical crisis they know they will lose the "weak" slice of customers (these days there is less ans less people willing to spend 350/400 bucks for a Premium Format).

So they try to grab as much money they can with less customers.

A Legendary Scale has NOT 6 times the labor cost of a Premium format.

The polyresin is a VERY cheap material, it cost only few cents per kg. when bought wholesale.
the clothes are much bigger so much simpler to be produced.

Also the paint is easier to be applied.

Only that the sculptor is paid and the mold made,
the only cost is the cheap chinese (maybe child) labor.

Consider that for the same price in Europe you can buy a 1:1 Life Size statue with led lights
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ehpIZWkzU[/ame]

I hope you do. Welcome aboard uvajosh.

Thanks! Happy to be here!

I would like to pass along a return email I received from Sideshow Customer Service re: the alternate heads. Perhaps it's not completely over? Check out the verbiage in the email. Maybe i'm over-reading it, but one can always hope:

Dear Josh,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I wanted to follow up with you regarding the Wolverine Legendary Scale Figure. I have confirmed that the head will be removable for shipping purposes. However, at this time there is only one head confirmed.

I have passed your email onto my production team in the event they are able to add an alternate head to the item. Have a wonderful day!

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I believe SS overpriced strategy ( yes, this is way overpriced!), stems from the fact that past sold out statues have sold for comparable prices in the secondary market (Dr. Doom pf. Hulk pf, Xmen vs Sent. #1 ...etc).

I don't blame SS in trying to capture this "higher end" market, but I would expect way more than what's being offered with this statue.

Besides, I can't stand the PF fabric syndrome. WTF would they even consider crappy fabrics to cover-up one of the best, (If not the best), sculptor they have in their stable?

Martin Canale & Pablo Viggiano's work should always be full sculpts, & never covered up, period. :slap

SIDESHOW is just trying to scalp more their customer base.

Due the global economical crisis they know they will lose the "weak" slice of customers (these days there is less ans less people willing to spend 350/400 bucks for a Premium Format).

So they try to grab as much money they can with less customers.

A Legendary Scale has NOT 6 times the labor cost of a Premium format.

The polyresin is a VERY cheap material, it cost only few cents per kg. when bought wholesale.
the clothes are much bigger so much simpler to be produced.

Also the paint is easier to be applied.

Only that the sculptor is paid and the mold made,
the only cost is the cheap chinese (maybe child) labor.

Consider that for the same price in Europe you can buy a 1:1 Life Size statue with led lights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ehpIZWkzU

Makes a lot more sense. :goodpost:

Back