Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ave, talk to your peeps at SS. Convince them to add an ES plus the heads and Atheris will place an order :D

Chris

Hey Atheris, did you order the the 1:2 IM directly from Sideshow?
Because I'm trying to figure out how much shipping would be for a LSF to Canada would cost.

I see a lot of you guys wanting alternate heads, but how come you guys aren't writting Sideshow about them?

Because they dont care what we think! And Im sure they are on all the forums reading this stuff.

Hey Atheris, did you order the the 1:2 IM directly from Sideshow?
Because I'm trying to figure out how much shipping would be for a LSF to Canada would cost.

No man, I ordered from Shane at secret compass. But he's sold out now.

I've ordered pieces direct from SS in the past though that were just as big. Shipping was round $40-$50 I believe. However its customs fees that will kill you. SS will always declare the full value of the statue. On a 2k piece expect to pay $300-$400 at the door.

Chris

a member on statue forum called SS and they confirmed there is NO alternate head portrait. Game over peeps!

I will meet with the high up and have a heart to heart talk about these issues in SDCC this year. Are you going?

I'm too poor to travel to SD, I need to save up for a Disneyland trip at some point this year cause I gots free tix.

a member on statue forum called SS and they confirmed there is NO alternate head portrait. Game over peeps!

really dumb decision. Oh well, SS isn't getting my $2k then :moon

really dumb decision. Oh well, SS isn't getting my $2k then :moon

Yep, game over and I'll be keeping my money.

Better luck next time SSC...:(

Just a sad day for me and my collection...:gah:

Last post in this thread, if not I'll become something that I despise and that's a basher of something other collector's love ...:wave

No man, I ordered from Shane at secret compass. But he's sold out now.

I've ordered pieces direct from SS in the past though that were just as big. Shipping was round $40-$50 I believe. However its customs fees that will kill you. SS will always declare the full value of the statue. On a 2k piece expect to pay $300-$400 at the door.

Chris

Thanks man! At least now I know what to expect.

Yep, game over and I'll be keeping my money.

Better luck next time SSC...:(

Just a sad day for me and my collection...:gah:

Last post in this thread, if not I'll become something that I despise and that's a basher of something other collector's love ...:wave

Last post?
What about the post when I post pics?:monkey3

With this new thing called the internet, I think it's a larger portion than alot of use would think.

I think you forget, there are multiple foreign forums too.

But you be surprised how many sales we get that are not from these forums!
Actually for sales, I would say more than 60% sales are from non-forum guys

a lot of ppl don't post anything either, so just cause the same ppl are constantly posting in this thread, doesn't mean there aren't a lot more ppl that are buying it.

Sideshow could have had a good seller just by marketing it better and making it special. Greed in corporations usually ends up causing them loss. I can't imagine this piece selling many. First, it's just too damn expensive for what it is. $1,000-1,500 tops and not a dollar more. Second, there's no collector incentive with a limited ES. Third, an alternate display would be all they needed for a lot of on the fence buyers, but they won't put forth the effort. When this mentality towards to the collector, I honestly hope this series fails for them and is a low seller.

EDIT - And at this point I don't care if they do a 1:2 Indy. They won't get 2k from me for that either.

Sideshow could have had a good seller just by marketing it better and making it special. Greed in corporations usually ends up causing them loss. I can't imagine this piece selling many. First, it's just too damn expensive for what it is. $1,000-1,500 tops and not a dollar more. Second, there's no collector incentive with a limited ES. Third, an alternate display would be all they needed for a lot of on the fence buyers, but they won't put forth the effort. When this mentality towards to the collector, I honestly hope this series fails for them and is a low seller.

EDIT - And at this point I don't care if they do a 1:2 Indy. They won't get 2k from me for that either.

For as much as I would LOVE a 1:2 scale Indy, in reality it would be very, very hard for me to drop $2,000 on him. I can't justify spending that kind of money on any collectible for any reason. As it is, Sideshow is pushing the envelope on the PFs in terms of what I consider a reasonable price to spend on a collectible.

With Wolverine, I really don't see anything special about this piece that would drive me to drop $2,000 on him. The PF is a nice piece and the comiquette, IMO, looks to be the best of the three. Anyways, I could care less about the blue and yellow outfit. I want one in the brown.

For as much as I would LOVE a 1:2 scale Indy, in reality it would be very, very hard for me to drop $2,000 on him. I can't justify spending that kind of money on any collectible for any reason. As it is, Sideshow is pushing the envelope on the PFs in terms of what I consider a reasonable price to spend on a collectible.

With Wolverine, I really don't see anything special about this piece that would drive me to drop $2,000 on him. The PF is a nice piece and the comiquette, IMO, looks to be the best of the three. Anyways, I could care less about the blue and yellow outfit. I want one in the brown.

Exactly... it's only the size of it and perhaps the tailoring and detail, but it has no special collectible factor like limited ES or exclusive, etc. At least the Iron Man 1:2 lights up. Also, I believe I read he's not even solid polystone, but maybe I am wrong. Whomever said this figure should only be 600-800 is right. It's twice the size of a PF, so just twice the price. Not 2k.

this is the response i got for edition sizes...

"The Legendary Scale figures do have an open edition size, however, due to the high price point and the size of the product we are not anticipating an extremely large number of orders. The Legendary Scale figures will not be individually numbered and once the edition is closed I do not believe we post the total number of items produced.

These items usually remain available for sale as long as there is still interest for them. For example our 1:2 Scale Endoskeleton was available for quite a long time but the total number produced did not exceed 500 pieces. "

this is the response i got for edition sizes...

"The Legendary Scale figures do have an open edition size, however, due to the high price point and the size of the product we are not anticipating an extremely large number of orders. The Legendary Scale figures will not be individually numbered and once the edition is closed I do not believe we post the total number of items produced.

These items usually remain available for sale as long as there is still interest for them. For example our 1:2 Scale Endoskeleton was available for quite a long time but the total number produced did not exceed 500 pieces. "

and people can't wrap their heads around this? sideshow won't be making these forever and they won't be making a ____ ton either

Back