Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the response i got for edition sizes...

"The Legendary Scale figures do have an open edition size, however, due to the high price point and the size of the product we are not anticipating an extremely large number of orders. The Legendary Scale figures will not be individually numbered and once the edition is closed I do not believe we post the total number of items produced.

These items usually remain available for sale as long as there is still interest for them. For example our 1:2 Scale Endoskeleton was available for quite a long time but the total number produced did not exceed 500 pieces. "

Ultimate slap in the face to a collector...no individually numbered pieces. That's the most basic aspect of collecting high end stuff... Open ES = FAIL. :slap

and people can't wrap their heads around this? sideshow won't be making these forever and they won't be making a ____ ton either

I always thought edition size wouldnt be to big but I cant get over the damn extra unmasked head not being included, lol

If SSC's flat out says they don't expect a lot sold, why not just have a ultra low ES and numbered collectibles? It's seems contradictory, like they are hoping they will sale more than they think.

I always thought edition size wouldnt be to big but I cant get over the damn extra unmasked head not being included, lol

they probably had the best intentions with extra heads, but the factory quotes for production and the packaging/shipping costs may have had a factor in sideshow not adding them in. marvel may have had a say, who knows. I'm just happy that I'll be owning one this time next year

they probably had the best intentions with extra heads, but the factory quotes for production and the packaging/shipping costs may have had a factor in sideshow not adding them in. marvel may have had a say, who knows. I'm just happy that I'll be owning one this time next year

I agree with everything except the extra costs. I dont care if it costs them more. It should have been added regardless for the price tag they are asking. If other 1/2 scale statues have alternate heads or light up features, then this should have something extra to. Like I stated before, I wish I never saw the alternate portraits! What did they think was going to happen?

Why keep shooting down opposing opinions?

who said I was? the conspiracy theories people come up with about the company are laughable. people act like sideshow's done them personal bodily harm or kicked their dogs. sideshow doesn't owe you, me or the next guy anything. they do whatever they want & that's how they've always and will continue to operate sideshow.

sideshow's only obligation is to produce & supply the product to buy. they don't put a gun to anybody's head or hold anyone hostage to make a person buy something. don't like the offering, don't buy it. like the offering, buy it. the same group of people running around being a broken record is old

I agree with everything except the extra costs. I dont care if it costs them more. It should have been added regardless for the price tag they are asking. If other 1/2 scale statues have alternate heads or light up features, then this should have something extra to. Like I stated before, I wish I never saw the alternate portraits! What did they think was going to happen?

those production pics were never meant for public consumption. if sideshow decided on a hardline $2K price ceiling and the extra stuff put it way over that limit, I don't blame them for dropping the idea

who said I was? the conspiracy theories people come up with about the company are laughable. people act like sideshow's done them personal bodily harm or kicked their dogs. sideshow doesn't owe you, me or the next guy anything. they do whatever they want & that's how they've always and will continue to operate sideshow.

sideshow's only obligation is to produce & supply the product to buy. they don't put a gun to anybody's head or hold anyone hostage to make a person buy something. don't like the offering, don't buy it. like the offering, buy it. the same group of people running around being a broken record is old

That's all understood. Doesn't mean a collector can't have an opinion about what they are doing wrong that is making more second guess or pass on an item. I think everyone wants high quality items from SSC's that are collectibles. There's no good reason from SSC's to strip some of the collectibility from these.

Yeah, I get it. But the others going around constantly defending SSC's and everything they do gets old too...

That's all understood. Doesn't mean a collector can't have an opinion about what they are doing wrong that is making more second guess or pass on an item. I think everyone wants high quality items from SSC's that are collectibles. There's no good reason from SSC's to strip some of the collectibility from these.

Yeah, I get it. But the others going around constantly defending SSC's and everything they do gets old too...

sideshow's probably just making these an open ES just to give more collectors more time & options to get these 1:2 scale statues. there's nothing devious going on

those production pics were never meant for public consumption. if sideshow decided on a hardline $2K price ceiling and the extra stuff put it way over that limit, I don't blame them for dropping the idea

I see your point. It is like beating a dead horse on this topic. But pics were made public and I cant get over it. That is just how I feel. I just wanted to post SS reply to ES.

Collectors want a hard number that they can tie to the price they are paying for an item. If something costs $1,000 and only 100 are being made, then they have the peace of mind that what they are putting their hard-earned money towards is an ultra limited item. With an open ES, it's all just anecdotal. 500 could be produced or only 100 could be produced and we'll never know. It's hard to shake the mindset that open ES=mass produced.

Collectors want a hard number that they can tie to the price they are paying for an item. If something costs $1,000 and only 100 are being made, then they have the peace of mind that what they are putting their hard-earned money towards is an ultra limited item. With an open ES, it's all just anecdotal. 500 could be produced or only 100 could be produced and we'll never know. It's hard to shake the mindset that open ES=mass produced.

past history indicates with sideshow's open ES peices that they basically make what amounts to a normal run

sideshow's probably just making these an open ES just to give more collectors more time & options to get these 1:2 scale statues. there's nothing devious going on

I'm not suggesting they are sitting there as evil masterminds, trying to screw the collector. I think they are clueless in some regards as price points and options for the collector. I commend--yes that is right, I commend :)--them for offering a great payment plan, but then again, if it was 1000 or lower a 10 month plan might not be needed. I would just like to know what they were thinking when they thought this was worth 2k. Hell, have the basic one at 1000. Have an exclusive with an extra head (or two for 1500). But this is a very basic statue (almost like from HCG) with no special features and nothing notating its collectibility. Everything that is a collectible of this nature should be numbered. Even on ES items they take awhile to get an ES and some don't sell out for over a year. I think they could still give this an ES down the road. I buy limited ed. movie scores from time to time. The number does mean something, particularly when I buy the open ed. scores that are around forever and have no real collectibility factor.

the price is what it is. labor & the cost of oil is up plain and simple sideshow can't do anything about that & they can't eat those costs

Yeah but their outsourced labor can't be that significant. Otherwise they would be making these things in the U.S. I don't think it is all that that figured into the price. I think they thought, oh, we have a 3 foot tall statue...they'll pay 2K for this, we are sure.....

Also, these things are mass produced, hopefully better than Rogue.

exactly. i wish they would give it an ES or have an order cut-off date.

Yeah but their outsourced labor can't be that significant. Otherwise they would be making these things in the U.S. I don't think it is all that that figured into the price. I think they thought, oh, we have a 3 foot tall statue...they'll pay 2K for this, we are sure.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_in_People's_Republic_of_China

and sideshow has already said that these will be made to order meaning if they get 100 orders, they make 100 wolverines in that batch. not we're gonna make 1,000 all at once and sit on them. molds will need to be remade each time probably, so will the paints & fabrics. that equals time & money, shipping back and forth halfway around the world, making boxes and styro, warehouse costs, marvel's peice of the pie, etc..

there is no "oh, we have a 3 foot tall statue...they'll pay 2K for this, we are sure...."

Last edited:

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong!!

This same statue would cost you over 6k made in the US!
So yes they save by making it in China, and save you big $$$ over the long run
For these mass produced, yet only a few a time. A few hundred vs a few thousand at a time
Less mistakes, higher quality at the end

Its always the same argument. That's why everything is done in China. Why shouldn't they make some money? Don't you want them to make money to bring us more goodies later on?

Darn it.... How many of you are buying these anyways! Not many.... :slap

Just stick with your 1/4 and be happy. These toys are not for everyone!

Back