Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect facial expression!
Awesomely dynamic pose!
Fantastic detailed weapon!
Super-cool base!
I won't go for it due to the budget and 1/3.75 scale and will only collect all you guys' great pics.

You're kidding right!? Have you even read some of the replies to my image post here or are you just picking on the 'new guy' also? Everyone can dish it out but get all offended when it comes back at them. God, it's no wonder they call this place 'Freaks!'

No, the fact is you did exactly jack squat to prove anything, so you resort to childish antics to try to add legitimacy to your silly little pictures. You tell people you'll get your 4-year-old son to explain it at a level they could understand? We've already had someone with the maturity of a 4-year-old trying to explain this to us ..... YOU! Why don't you go talk to your son and see if he can pass some of his much higher maturity level on to you before you come bawl-assing back in here, whining because no one believes your silly little pictures.

You know the way it is on every thread- someone posts a delusional opinion with absolutely zero concrete evidence, then when their point is argued or ridiculed then it's the other people that are childish and out of their minds. Yes, this is a completely over-priced statue/figure that's scale, until someone posts pics with a ruler or next to another 1:3 scale piece, for size comparison, is debatable at best. For the vast majority it appears more likely than not to be smaller than 1:3, but bigger than 1:4. Just because someone believes SSC's BS all of a sudden, and lines up a naked cartoon man along it, that apparently makes them the unquestionable expert in their little fantasy world.

Kudos to whoever takes the plunge and gets this, you obviously have more money, or less brains, than most of us to blow on this. Just when it finally gets through the red tape and ships to you and you have it in hand, you're not as disappointed as it seems, at this point, you're going to be with it.

You tell'em sprig :lol
Donkeys-1.jpeg

You know the way it is on every thread- someone posts a delusional opinion with absolutely zero concrete evidence, then when their point is argued or ridiculed then it's the other people that are childish and out of their minds. Yes, this is a completely over-priced statue/figure that's scale, until someone posts pics with a ruler or next to another 1:3 scale piece, for size comparison, is debatable at best. For the vast majority it appears more likely than not to be smaller than 1:3, but bigger than 1:4. Just because someone believes SSC's BS all of a sudden, and lines up a naked cartoon man along it, that apparently makes them the unquestionable expert in their little fantasy world.

Kudos to whoever takes the plunge and gets this, you obviously have more money, or less brains, than most of us to blow on this. Just when it finally gets through the red tape and ships to you and you have it in hand, you're not as disappointed as it seems, at this point, you're going to be with it.

:goodpost:

Thanks for your valuable input. But I've to disagree with you on some opinions. I'm getting this piece but that doesn't mean I have a big stash to blow on an over-priced......a glorified and over-priced PF. I'm getting it because I want it badly. I'm a big Wolf fan and was waiting for this since last year. Whether or not I have brains is a matter of debate so I won't get to it.
I think that just because you aren't getting it or are not happy with the statue doesn't give you the right to question the intelligence of the ones who are getting it. Just voice your opinion about the statue itself and don't make it personal :peace

Cheers,
Neo.

Thanks for your valuable input. But I've to disagree with you on some opinions. I'm getting this piece but that doesn't mean I have a big stash to blow on an over-priced......a glorified and over-priced PF. I'm getting it because I want it badly. I'm a big Wolf fan and was waiting for this since last year. Whether or not I have brains is a matter of debate so I won't get to it.
I think that just because you aren't getting it or are not happy with the statue doesn't give you the right to question the intelligence of the ones who are getting it. Just voice your opinion about the statue itself and don't make it personal :peace

Cheers,
Neo.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'd rather get this then buy 5-6 pfs, like you, I'm far from rich as well, but apparently I have less brains :hi5:. I still say that this is overpriced and a rip off, but not ordering it isn't going to do anything.

Cheers,
Neo.
....:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'd rather get this then buy 5-6 pfs, like you, I'm far from rich as well, but apparently I have less brains :hi5:. I still say that this is overpriced and a rip off, but not ordering it isn't going to do anything.

Well said azure. Less brains. An even less cash flow. And the need for overpriced collectibles. Perfect recipe for a freak then?! :hi5: :duff

P.S - The new sig is :drool

Cheers,
Neo.

I'm getting it because I want it badly. I'm a big Wolf fan and was waiting for this since last year. Whether or not I have brains is a matter of debate so I won't get to it.
I think that just because you aren't getting it or are not happy with the statue doesn't give you the right to question the intelligence of the ones who are getting it.
Well said. I really like the piece. Wolf is my #1 Predator. I doubt i will ever own this as im not even going to try and save up for it. But if i did decide i wanted to sacrifice a chunk of my collection for the funds i dont want to be thought of as an idiot for it by the Sideshow are scamming us brigade. I dont care if it is 1:3, 1:4 or 1:3 1/2 because i have no 1:3 or 1:4 for it to sit with. I couldnt care less what the scale is. But i do love the fact its a giant statue of wolf looking boss with a highly detailed Squished Xeno base and option to change his heads and weapons.

The way I see it is simple.

If someone wants to buy this, then more power to them. I think to each their own. Some would call me stupid for buying the 1:1 Berseker bust. I like the Berseker, and loved the movie.

Is this statue a bit over priced........IMO yes, however that does not mean that someone else who finds the pricing to be fine is wrong, or stupid.

These items are only worth the value of the seller and buyers agreement. That's it.
To those buying it, I look forward to getting some in hand reviews. For those not buying it for whatever reason, then just let the others enjoy the moment. Give your opinions, but keep it on the statue and not the person. For goodness sakes this is a HOBBY not real life.

Last edited:
Is this statue a bit over priced........IMO yes, however that does not mean that someone else who finds the pricing to be fine is wrong, or stupid.

These items are only worth the value of the seller and buyers agreement. That's it.
To those buying it, I look forward to getting some in hand reviews. For those not buying it for whatever reason, then just let the others enjoy the moment. Give your opinions, but keep it on the statue and not the person. For goodness sakes this is a HOBBY not real life.

Word! Thanks Hollywood. :hi5:

Cheers,
Neo.

The Berserker bust was VERY reasonably priced for as big as that thing is. It's almost 3' tall, close to 3' wide, and almost 2' long and weighs over 50 lbs, and it's $1200.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=400049

I actually had 3 payments, out of 6, down on that and canceled it, to stay with smaller pieces.

But here's a figure that might be 31" tall and is supposed to be 1:3 scale, but looks to be highly debatable, and it costs $2000 just because they slap a "Legendary Scale Figure" tag on it?

People are entitled to their own opinions, whether others agree with them or not. The "less brains" was a little uncalled for, and I do apologize, but looking at the size of this piece and the comparable size of other SS pieces, this should never have been called a LSF and automatically slapped that 2K price tag just because they can. If you're going to get it, get it, but some posts about why this is carrying a higher price are preposterous.

For example;

It's a fully sculpted and painted piece, unlike the others that only have heads and hands sculpted, so they couldn't make it the full 1:2 like they originally announced this line at. Really?!? So what's this?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=36173&sku=400035

That's right, a fully sculpted, painted and truer to 1:2 scale LSF with light up feature, for $50 cheaper than what Wolf is going for.

Or check this out;

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=300121#!prettyPhoto/1/

An upcoming PF, that the actual figure itself isn't too much smaller than Wolf and has the vast majority sculpted, it just doesn't sit on a tall base like this LSF. $400! So are we supposed to believe that the little extra size Wolf has, extra accessories and bigger base are worth $1600?! Oh no wait, the other argument- DETAIL in the sculpt. :cuckoo:

Yes, I do feel you guys getting this are crazy. Nothing to do with price or size, it's just that is this the beginning of the end of reasonable prices with their products? Is everything in the near future going to be part of a specific "line" and automatically slapped a "standard line-up" price tag? Or is this yet another attempt to start the process?

Here are two upcoming G I Joe 1:6 figures from SSC to compare.

1st, Zartan;

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100050

Decent price for a 12" figure with a good bit of accessories.

Now, Snake Eyes;

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2631

Pretty much the same amount of accessories, but with a $40 wolf that looks like something produced by Mattell? Is the extra price really for the wolf accessory, or is it SSC's cheap tactic to "ease" their loyal customers into the $200 price tag range, since that's starting to near the general price for a HT release?

Bottom line with me is, if everyone just blindly buys these just because "it's something I've waited a long time for" or "I'm a true fan, and true fans don't pass this up", then it pretty much lets them know that they can charge more for less, and collectors will pre-order it just because they can.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. The price is what it is for several reasons, some of which include licensing agreements, factory complexities & manufacture costs, and of course market agreement.

While some "comprable" piece may be a fraction of the cost is not soley based on its size, nor scuplting. Its based on many factors, most of which can be debated a 1,000 different ways.

Sideshow is not a nonprofit company. If the market will bare $2,000, then so be it. Those who don't like it, don't have to buy it. Simple.

I say cudos to those that are buying it, and cudos to those that are not.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. The price is what it is for several reasons, some of which include licensing agreements, factory complexities & manufacture costs, and of course market agreement.

While some "comprable" piece may be a fraction of the cost is not soley based on its size, nor scuplting. Its based on many factors, most of which can be debated a 1,000 different ways.

I say cudos to those that are buying it, and cudos to those that are not.

They've sold several Predator/Alien pieces prior to this (rights for both owned by Fox) with nothing close to this steep

What's so complex about this one piece that justifies it being vastly smaller than the other LSF, but at the same price or higher?

Again, what is it about this one specific piece, just out of the blue, that warrants such a steep price for so much less? Other than it's dubbed a "LSF" and sold at the general price?

This will always be debatable, no matter even if SSC came out and said "yes, we can sell it for $1500 if we wanted, but we stuck it in the LSF line just to get $2000 for it. If you want our product, then you'll pay it", and people would still defend that

And the ones saying "it's their company, they can charge what they want." Yeah, they can charge $1billion for it, but does that make it worth that price? They could at the exact opposite extreme only charge $.01. But still, does it make it worth that?

You look at their prices when they first started getting off the ground within the past decade, and they're not too far from what they've been charging until within the past 6 months or so. The only differences besides standard cost of living and material prices going up do to steeper fuel prices, and what's changed? More customers, higher ES and more rights to some popular lines. If they produce 2,000 of 1 thing then they can sell it for cheaper than what they could if they only produced 500 of them, so these higher ES numbers should not result in higher prices.

If people don't start putting their foot down on these ludicrous prices, then you can expect more extreme price jumps in the near future. But, if you guys are happy shelling $2000 for something that probably would have sold for $1200-$1500 not even 2 years ago, then by all means, line their pockets, but I don't see justifying and sticking up for a company that obviously cares nothing about you but the size of your wallet.

Customer loyalty? Sorry people, that's right there with Bigfoot and the Lochness Monster nowadays. Outstanding customer service comes from them not wanting you to report them to the better business borough, and destroying the reputation they've struggled this long to obtain.

Back