Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More BS!!! you want to give collectors more time? then leave ES: TBD until it's ready to ship which is year from now, and/or set a high ES say 1000.

Optimus prime(a much more popular character) was $1000 and had a total ES <650, and it took forever to sell out. With this at $2000 you think it will sell out faster? and not give collectors enough time to save? who you trying to cater to, the homeless?

Who the **** idiot is making those decisions at sideshow, i really want to sit him down and have a chat with him.

Reply from Sideshow on facebook:

Sideshow CollectiblesWhile the LSF figures will not be numbered individually, rest assured that the number produced is quite limited. You're quite right, our reasoning for the non-published edition size does have a lot more to do with allowing collectors the maximum opportunity to own one of these big beasts, to save or square away the space, because these are not quick, impulse buys (for the average joe). We will keep them available as long as is practical, based on many factors, including popularity and production realities, but they are essentially made to order. Perhaps we'll someday share the final edition sizes, but to be honest, we'd rather that collectors make a decision on these pieces based on the quality of the statues themselves than whether or not the number is 200, 500, or 5 million produced. (Hint: the number is not 5 million)

Wow!

People are pissed here and on Statue Forum.....

Look, I understand how frustrating this is to many people who want to get it and can't afford the $2000 but the silver lining is that they offer flexpay and if it is truly an open edition, you can save 83 for 24 months in a savings account named "Come Home Wolfie" and get it when you have enough....

I want that piece so bad but I don't blame Sideshow for offering it for that much. It has insane detail, more than the other Predators combined....

Again, just my humble opinion.....

Cheers

Bear
You don't get it,it's not that we can't afford it(even though some of us may not afford it),it's just that it's NOT WORTH IT.Let's put it this way,the statue has about 31" ,it's not a limited edition(200-300 pcs),the quality of the paintjob may not be that great,so there you have it .But that's just my opinion

Was the Predator CM also an open ES?

no, what CM does, is make a cap of 1000, they won't make more then that, but what always happens is they got hundreds less then that in orders, so they end the run at less then a 1000. Just going by the numbers people have gotten on the Preds, there's believed to be only 600-700 in existance even though the COA and base are numbered out of a 1000. CM does this with all of their pieces.

plastic toys is plastic toys, no matter how big they are. Why you even bother making the comparison to a statue.

I am not saying for a second that a 1/4 scale wolf predator Hot Toys Figure would be near as stunning as this but I assure you the paint will be better. Not only that, they would be da$% near the same size and the HT figure would only cost around $400ish maybe? For those who can't fork over 2k for a statue it would be a pretty good option.

Comparing the 2 for the sake of price and people being able to get a similar item for much less is very well justified in IMO

The Optimus Prime maquette was their most detailed, complex and longest working project and it was priced at 1200. This staue is beautiful but does not look as complex as Optimus, yet they are asking 2k for it. I'm sure this statue is about 27" tall head to end of base and 31" if you measure the tip of the whip to the base. I'm also worried about the paint apps on the final product. I'll wait for some in hand pics but i think sideshow should stick to $1600 max if they want to sell more than 10 of these.

You don't get it,it's not that we can't afford it(even though some of us may not afford it),it's just that it's NOT WORTH IT.Let's put it this way,the statue has about 31" ,it's not a limited edition(200-300 pcs),the quality of the paintjob may not be that great,so there you have it .But that's just my opinion

I'm sorry Paul but when you say it "it is not worth it" that is your opinion. Many of us who intend to get this piece now or later think it is worth it. I do. Neither you nor I can predict how the paint job will end up being. Maybe it will be the best, maybe will suck, who knows....

In my opinion, this is the best piece Sideshow ever release. Yes, better than Doom PF, better than Alien Chap maquette, better than PZ pf....

I love this piece and I wish it was cheaper, but I think it is worth every penny....

Cheers

I'm sorry Paul but when you say it "it is not worth it" that is your opinion. Many of us who intend to get this piece now or later think it is worth it. I do. Neither you nor I can predict how the paint job will end up being. Maybe it will be the best, maybe will suck, who knows....

In my opinion, this is the best piece Sideshow ever release. Yes, better than Doom PF, better than Alien Chap maquette, better than PZ pf....

I love this piece and I wish it was cheaper, but I think it is worth every penny....

Cheers

who is many of us? only you, if you love $2k with no es, then feel free to put down $400 nrd and be on your merry way.

I still don't think SSC gets it.

SSC,

As collectors, it's not that we need more time to save money to purchase this.
The issue we're having is justifying what we're getting based on the pricepoint you selected. :mad:

A nice piece. No doubt.
But $2,000 nice? You must be :cuckoo:.

Cheers

You are right,this is just my opinion,I just don't think this piece is worth $2k ,I mean it looks great but I would rather buy the CM Predator for $3.5k than pay $2k for the wolf predator that's going to be realeased by SS,at least if I buy the CM pred I know that it's worth the money.

no, what CM does, is make a cap of 1000, they won't make more then that, but what always happens is they got hundreds less then that in orders, so they end the run at less then a 1000. Just going by the numbers people have gotten on the Preds, there's believed to be only 600-700 in existance even though the COA and base are numbered out of a 1000. CM does this with all of their pieces.

Got it.
Thanks for the feedback bro.

For $2,000 I'd rather go out and buy a few older 'grail' pieces. Something where I feel that the value of the item lives up to the price tag. That stuff matters to me as a collector.

I still don't think SSC gets it.

SSC,

As collectors, it's not that we need more time to save money to purchase this.
The issue we're having is justifying what we're getting based on the pricepoint you selected. :mad:

A nice piece. No doubt.
But $2,000 nice? You must be :cuckoo:.

tell them that, I'm surprised none of my comments have been deleted on their FB yet.........knock on wood :monkey3. I don't think I've seen so much hate on a price point for one piece before then this has gotten.

aren't you the one who constantly said you won't pay more then $1500 for it?

i have said it must be around 1600$ max:pray: all the time but they set 2000$.... even though i m buying it. but will be relax:chillpill: ..... dont neeD to hurrY:lol

I think I am gonna do what I had originally planned and just fork out some money for the Elder Predator Statue. I was holding back on spending anything in hopes this would be at the price point I wanted but sadly it did not happen. Not going to hate on sideshow for it, I am sure they have there reason's but I do not see many of these selling for them at the price they set. Knock $800 off SS and Ill be all over it :)

Back