Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On one hand I'm surprised at the price, on the other it is obvious that the P1 maquette goes for 2k + now and the CM goes for at least $3.5k and SS is gouging the market. But I am still ordering one.
No ex means I can order it locally here in Australia hopefully around xmas for about US retail with luck. Ordering an ex would have been $600 - $700 more.

Can't you get the Predator Cinemaquette for this price? I'm sure that one is of much higher quality...

You can't, but the CM's paint apps will likely be better than this one's...

after all that hype & wait, we get an open edition, wtf is wrong with ss...

So you'd still be willing to fork over $2K for a 1/3 non-exclusive from Sideshow if it was limited? :lol

The sculpting is a little soft, though.

No question, the best part about this piece is the pose, but the little execution-related details aren't at all mind-blowing. Factor in that it's a Sideshow piece on top of that (which means the quality will decrease noticeably on the final product) and... well, you know.

If SS is not going to number them they should at least throw in a COA or something for this line. Just add a little incentive to the collectors that value exclusivity. Like myself!

CM does it with all their pieces, why cant they do it with this line?

Chris

The sculpting is a little soft, though.

No question, the best part about this piece is the pose, but the little execution-related details aren't at all mind-blowing. Factor in that it's a Sideshow piece on top of that (which means the quality will decrease noticeably on the final product) and... well, you know.
Yeah..exactly. The pose is amazing, one of the best poses I've ever seen for..anything. And it fits the character so damn well. I think the bio is the most "soft" looking part. It looks so..flat, boring, etc.

I think the statue overall looks great, but I haven't seen anything that has made me need to change my pants.

...except the price of course

If SS is not going to number them they should at least throw in a COA or something for this line. Just add a little incentive to the collectors that value exclusivity. Like myself!

Chris

I totally agree with you Chris. that would be awesome.....

WANT THIS!

Yeah!

This is definitely my favorite pic. The side view of him. beautiful

Couldn't agree more!

@C_Neo, what happen to having an exclusive?

Dunno....lost in translation, maybe?! :dunno

This is BS! no ex, no edition size... screw ss :mad:

neo looks like your sources are way off...

She'd said that there are Exclusive switchout parts....maybe she just interpreted the inclusion of switchout parts as Exclusive which is the norm with most pieces!!

I'm sorry Paul but when you say it "it is not worth it" that is your opinion. Many of us who intend to get this piece now or later think it is worth it. I do. Neither you nor I can predict how the paint job will end up being. Maybe it will be the best, maybe will suck, who knows....

In my opinion, this is the best piece Sideshow ever release. Yes, better than Doom PF, better than Alien Chap maquette, better than PZ pf....

I love this piece and I wish it was cheaper, but I think it is worth every penny....

Cheers

While I don't think its worth every penny, I can safely say that I would love to have it in my collection. Wolf fan speaking, of course!!

Chris

They can....they must do that. Why they don't do it? Beats me! :dunno

BTW, ordered! Though I have a year's time to pay it off. It's a plain gamble and if it doesn't turn out even 70% as the proto piece (which I fear it won't), I'm all done with LSFs!

Cheers,
Neo.

well like most of us said LSF won't be having any exclusives and will be open editions.

well it's a win for me in this case.

no ex means no shipping fees and no taxes a savings of $200 easy.

surprised no one is complaining about the lack of a light up feature.

the new 1/6 Pred HT preds all have one why not a statue from the LSF?

o_O

I would gladly pay the asking price IF it is painted the way we see it in the production blog. Sadly, there is a very good chance that this will not be the case given the way SS' QC has been lately.

For the price, I would wait out for in-hand production pictures before I bite. It's going to be an open edition anyway so why the rush?

a $400.00 Non-Refundable Deposit :horror
I doubt people would simply ignore $400 if they had to cancel at some point!

By the way...pretty disappointed with the price and wish they would have just made a premium format figure...I would have been more than happy with that instead.

That's pretty much what this is. A glorified PF.

This Legendary Scale from SS seriously has to be one of the worst decisions the company has ever made. Basically all they are doing is adding this so-called title to a product which then in their eyes makes it ok and justifiable to charge 2 grand?! :lol And in the meantime, alienating about a few hundred (at least) fans who would've easily ordered the piece if it fell into the 1.2-1.6k range. I'm not a fan of Wolf so I would not order no matter what, but I feel bad for you guys who are and who really wanted this piece.

The Neytiri piece is looking more and more like a steal everyday.

Does anyone else feel like it's not truly 1/3 scale? IDK tough to tell, but before the SS guy on fb said 1/3 scale I was thinking it's 1/4.

It's probably between 1/3 and 1/4 in scale... Still considering if I should pre order this from my local retailer. They will probably be retailing this around 2k nett. No shipping cost as I will be picking up the item direct from their shop.

Need to break the piggy bank for this... :)

Back