Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like ladies stocking. Sexy in a way :lol

LMAO :hi5:

At the end of the day, peoples tastes or preference aside, previous posters are correct with their FACTS - the netting was a huge error.

Now the OPINION bit . . . the pose sucks (IMO) and the base sucks (IMO) and the alien designs suck (IMO) and Disco sucks . . . (let's stop there).

I can honestly say - if I had this - it would NOT be displayed. It's like the upcoming P2 - it would simply bug me too much.

I much prefer Narin's 1/5 - 1/6 pieces and his Wolf bust - but (as has been said before) - each to their own.

It's great that some of you folks like it - and THAT is what collecting is all about. It's YOUR collection. YOU paid for it. YOU are allowed to like it.

This man speaketh the truth.

I never saw $2,000 in this... Nevermind aftermarket prices.
(I do like the base though. The Alien Machiko has a foot up on is also very nice).

It is indeed an error, their own prototype didn't have it. Anyone who doubts they ****ed up in that regard is just fooling themselves :| Now for a lot of people, especially those who are buying this just cause it looks really cool or is just another cool looking predator, this might not be an issue. However it certainly is a pretty big inaccuracy (it covers his entire legs ffs!) for those who care about the character. This is not "artistic interpretation", it's literally impossible because SS did not make this maquette. It was made for them, and they didn't reproduce that part correctly.

This guy was sculpted by ADI, the same guys who designed and created the real Wolf. I really like it myself, but the leg netting was a big mistake on the factories part. It wouldn't matter if it was easy to remove, but it isn't, not without causing damage. Whether people like the look or not, it simply should not be there. If the P2 maquette comes wearing a Christmas jumper, I'll bet people won't be happy no matter how fluffy and comfortable it looks ;)

This guy was sculpted by ADI, the same guys who designed and created the real Wolf. I really like it myself, but the leg netting was a big mistake on the factories part. It wouldn't matter if it was easy to remove, but it isn't, not without causing damage. Whether people like the look or not, it simply should not be there. If the P2 maquette comes wearing a Christmas jumper, I'll bet people won't be happy no matter how fluffy and comfortable it looks ;)

Or like if the p2 didn't have quills, or if the spear was too small, or if the dreads came out weird, or if the mask was oddly shaped

o wait :p Cept this is even a little worse in some regards because they actually did have the prototype right, just they failed to catch it at the factory. Though it's not bad as bad the number of inaccuracies on the p2 and how bad they make it look >< The wolf still looks good, just inaccurate. The p2 does not look good :|

I really can't be bothered - qualifiers will get added like "must be mass-produced", or "must be 1/4" etc and at the end of the day IT IS OPINION.

And MY opinion - Narin's stuff beats ANY/ALL mass-produced stuff by miles.

But (since I'm lazy but still want to play nice) if you did fancy some eye-candy - you could always go browsing through Joe's buildups which include dozens of Narin's sculpts - Model Zone - Portfolio of Professional Model Maker Joe Dunaway

Somebody show me a picture of a better looking Predator than this Wolf!
Exc. SWS P1 Maquette.

Go...

2015-12-30-19-56-03--1866671626.jpeg

Narin's wolf (and joe's paintup) is actually pretty damn good. It's not as large or dynamic, but more detailed, accurate, and obviously better painted.

wolf_onlinecover2.jpg

If you're looking for something more dynamic even though it's not as large as the wolf LSF Narin's King & Queen is amazing :)

king_and_queen_by_mangrasshopper-d6ux89e.jpg

Last edited:
Back