Will Asmus make Gollum/Smegal?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also in the group of "no seemless".

It's a nice idea but I'd rather have a figure that will last the test of time than to get one that will tear/rip/break in the future.

If you want to do Gollum/Smeagol then you should just look to NECAs 1:4 version as a base/ground work.

Honestly that in 1:6 would be perfect for me.

Considering Gollum is so small, you could also look at fully sculpted arms in different poses much like the Blitzway Hannibal.

Swap out Arms and Legs in different bent degrees. Swap out at the shoulders/hips.

Then have multiple swap out hands. And of course two heads sculpts. One Gollum. One Smeagol.

I think many of us would drop $200-250 for a deluxe set with all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great idea.

I like the seamless figures, but I don’t think the technology is there to do a figure this small and skinny.

I would definitely prefer a seamless body, if possible. The exposed joints would really hurt the high-end look of the figure, regardless how well the head sculpt looks.

I personally don't usually re-pose my figures more than a couple of times before leaving them on display indefinitely.

I thought about what could be Included with this release and had trouble coming up with items:

1. A Gollum head sculpt
2. A Smeagol head sculpt
3. A fish
4. Sam's elven rope
5. The one ring
6. A rock/stone to hit Sam's head with...
7. The usual assortment of hands

I would definitely prefer a seamless body, if possible. The exposed joints would really hurt the high-end look of the figure, regardless how well the head sculpt looks.

I personally don't usually re-pose my figures more than a couple of times before leaving them on display indefinitely.

I thought about what could be Included with this release and had trouble coming up with items:

1. A Gollum head sculpt
2. A Smeagol head sculpt
3. A fish
4. Sam's elven rope
5. The one ring
6. A rock/stone to hit Sam's head with...
7. The usual assortment of hands
Id also like a nice diorama stand for him too. Maybe a rocky structure with a pond/puddle at the bottom.

Id also like a nice diorama stand for him too. Maybe a rocky structure with a pond/puddle at the bottom.

That would be awesome. I love the base of the new (and super-expensive) Weta Gollum statue that has clear resin water with fish swimming around!

Sorry for the bump as there is nothing new. Just noticed though that Phicen is going to release 1/12 scale scale seamless bodies. They will have the metal skeleton. Asmus if you read this maybe think about a group effort with Phicen to make a seamless Gollum. The scale would be pretty close I think.

Back