Will Asmus make Gollum/Smegal?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the keyword should be "seamless body"

Which at this point, I do think the technology isn't ready,

If the body breaks, this will be a failed product...

So much better than M8's business model. Thank you for ensuring quality & the honesty.

Well the keyword should be "seamless body"

Which at this point, I do think the technology isn't ready,

If the body breaks, this will be a failed product...

Even HT failed on their recent WW release. Phicen is the company to look into in the 1/6 seamless body technology. I guess it would be really critical to have a good material on the seamless body since Gollum is 95% naked during the entire movie. If you can unlock this, it would be beneficial to carry over to future Azog/uruk hai body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seamless body would be the way to go although I think the big problem would be that Gollum is so skinny, he's just about the size of what the underlying armature would be thus making the outer silicon extremely thin which in turn would male it more likely to tear and if you make the armature any thinner it's more likely to break.

It's an interesting conundrum but I recon Asmus is up to the challenge, they do seem to be well ahead of the curve when it comes to rooted hair and I have confidence they will solve this to.

Seamless would be great, but I'm ok with visible joints if it means having this on the shelf in the next two years instead of the next 5 or 10.

I think it’s an unrealistic expectation for a seamless body. Sméagol/Gollum is too small and to skinny to do that. And then there’s the business aspect, will Asmus make money on the investment. What it would cost to develop & patten the technology doesn’t seem profitable. Especially when the only other figure that could use his body would be a goblin. Me how many collectors are willing to shell out money for a Gollum and a goblin hoard? Asmus just give us a jointed Sméagol/ Gollum in scale.

As much as I'd like an eventual seamless body version, I'd be very happy with something similar to the Neca 1/4th version for the time being.

I personally wouldn't mind a hybrid with vinyl arm and leg sleeves to hide a few of the joints. And maybe a vinyl torso to cover the crunch joint. I wouldn't be heartbroken by visible shoulder, hip and wrist joints. Not at all.

But I also wouldn't mind exposed joints everywhere if it looked good!

I personally wouldn't mind a hybrid with vinyl arm and leg sleeves to hide a few of the joints. And maybe a vinyl torso to cover the crunch joint. I wouldn't be heartbroken by visible shoulder, hip and wrist joints. Not at all.

But I also wouldn't mind exposed joints everywhere if it looked good!

I can already see it - the new heroic pose will be "The Gollum", as opposed to the Iron Man landing pose - in order to demonstrate articulation.

I'm also in the group of "no seemless".

It's a nice idea but I'd rather have a figure that will last the test of time than to get one that will tear/rip/break in the future.

If you want to do Gollum/Smeagol then you should just look to NECAs 1:4 version as a base/ground work.

Honestly that in 1:6 would be perfect for me.

Considering Gollum is so small, you could also look at fully sculpted arms in different poses much like the Blitzway Hannibal.

Swap out Arms and Legs in different bent degrees. Swap out at the shoulders/hips.

Then have multiple swap out hands. And of course two heads sculpts. One Gollum. One Smeagol.

I think many of us would drop $200-250 for a deluxe set with all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sméagol is to important to the series not to be made!

I was looking at the Asmus teen body and the knee joint stood out to me, could this be a base body for Gollum?

It's a nice idea but I'd rather have a figure that will last the test of time than to get one that will tear/rip/break in the future.

If you want to do Gollum/Smeagol then you should just look to NECAs 1:4 version as a base/ground work.

Considering Gollum is so small, you could also look at fully sculpted arms in different poses much like the Blitzway Hannibal.

Swap out Arms and Legs in different bent degrees. Swap out at the shoulders/hips.

Then have multiple swap out hands. And of course two heads sculpts. One Gollum. One Smeagol.

I think many of us would drop $200-250 for a deluxe set with all the bells and whistles.

These are exactly my thoughts on the Smeagol / Gollum conundrum. Sooner rather than later and please not seamless.

:goodpost:

This would be perfect.

Back