Why I don't eat fast food.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more of the Ignorance is Bliss type. Unless you're picking the produce yourself and slaughtering your own livestock, anything can happen before the food hits your plate.
That's true, but despite all the other things that happen with any food you eat, your risk increases significantly when you eat fast food because of the types of employees there and lack of real oversight. I still eat the stuff myself sometimes, but. . .not Taco Bell. Actually McDonald's seems a much better bet, because those places are usually run very well. Even in the run down parts of town here, they are efficient, and reasonably professional. I chalk this up to good management. Burger King and Taco Bell are more erratic.

The same things can happen in the most expensive resturants, especially if you have a complaint.

Hell, our fresh foods are so polluted with chemicals that even cooking everything yourself doesn't guarantee healthy food.

I don't worry about it. You'll drive yourself crazy.

liar-liar-gagging-a.gif

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmzGaSQYznA&sns=em"]https:// https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmzGaSQYznA&sns=em[/ame]

Says it all.

That's true, but despite all the other things that happen with any food you eat, your risk increases significantly when you eat fast food because of the types of employees there and lack of real oversight. I still eat the stuff myself sometimes, but. . .not Taco Bell. Actually McDonald's seems a much better bet, because those places are usually run very well. Even in the run down parts of town here, they are efficient, and reasonably professional. I chalk this up to good management. Burger King and Taco Bell are more erratic.

I think it all varies by both the area as well as the individual location.

The TBs near me seem incredibly tightly run. They're always spotless, the people look normal, they're friendly, and they've never screwed up my order (which happened ALL the time on Long Island).

What happened? Did someone burn your moose burger?

:nana:

While I was in the US, I was at a IHOP... While I was taking a leak in the men's, the cook at the urinal next to me, leaves without washing his hands. I am guessing this happens a lot. lol

Either way, I prefer to make my own food. It's healthier and cheaper.

Also, I wash my chicken, salmon, veggies, and fruit before consuming. Okay, not-so-much my salmon. I take my chances.

I think it all varies by both the area as well as the individual location.

The TBs near me seem incredibly tightly run. They're always spotless, the people look normal, they're friendly, and they've never screwed up my order (which happened ALL the time on Long Island).
Yeah, here I think all of a given restaurant are operated by a specific local or regional management company--so, all the McDonald's are operated by one company, all the Burger Kings are run by a different one, etc. And that probably accounts for it. But it seems like McDonald's across the country, and really outside the country too, are all run pretty well. Must be some kind of system in place nationally/globally to ensure that this happens. Chick-Fil-A is run even better, no matter where I see them, but I think they might all be directly franchise operated.

The Chili at Wendys is made of bad/rotten meat. A lot of times they will get more meat that they need, and the meat will go bad and start to stink. So what do they do? they just put it all on the chili.

Rob Poetsch, a Taco Bell spokesman,
told the Daily News that the taco shells were never served to customers.

"They were used for training only and in process of being thrown out,
however, two employees took and posted this photo on their personal pages against policy,"
Poetsch said.

If you eat at fast food joints regularly, as in once a month something like that, I can pretty much promise you at some point in your life you've eaten saliva, urine or feces from one of the workers. I just know way too many people from High School that worked at places and you would overhear things in class sitting around next to people.

3 KFCs, 2 Taco Bells and a Wendys all within about 2 miles in various directions of my house have been closed down over the past 10 years for exactly those type of things. A KFC that had rats twice than became a Long John Silver and had rats, now the building is gone. A Taco Bell where the manager was ****ing his employees on the counter after closing, another where they were ****ing into the beef. Theres a reason they stay open til 2 am and target the really high poor kids with no other options crowd.

Also I've only had two friends I know get food poisoning and both times were fast food.

Yeah, here I think all of a given restaurant are operated by a specific local or regional management company--so, all the McDonald's are operated by one company, all the Burger Kings are run by a different one, etc. And that probably accounts for it. But it seems like McDonald's across the country, and really outside the country too, are all run pretty well. Must be some kind of system in place nationally/globally to ensure that this happens. Chick-Fil-A is run even better, no matter where I see them, but I think they might all be directly franchise operated.

It's part how well the company's regional aspect is run (or individual franchise, depending on the company's model) and part local environment, I think.

While I rarely got flat out rude people, Long Island fast food places were usually average, service wide. Here, it's really strange - the workers are genuinely friendly. I wind up at TB or Subway a couple times a week, and it's like being in a commercial, the way they act.

I'm sure a big part of that is the general cultural environment where you live. Considering that I live smack dab in the middle of poverty central for the country, the behavior of some of these people isn't so surprising.

I haven't eaten Taco Bell in years. But, seeing toylion's opening post ensures that I won't eat from them ever again :lol.

i dont eat fast food because its not good for your health

.................but damn is it dlishsssssssss

Having seen lots of fast food / restaurant businesses during my a/c - refrigeration career was enough for me not to eat out...

well, What about the vegetables and fruits that we buy at the markets?

Do you think the people that handle that food wash their hands after going to the bathroom? or spit in it? do they always wash and clean those before selling them?

I usually never eat the skin of fruits anyway.

I wash the skins of the fruits/veggies I eat before doing so. Moreso for the pesticides than any fear someone with dirty hands touched them. But I assume that produce is actually washed before being put on the shelves anyway.

Back