The ***k You Taco Bell Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1_photo.jpg

Anonymous Monsanto March: Can the Hacker Collective Bring Down a Food Giant?

https://www.policymic.com/articles/...the-hacker-collective-bring-down-a-food-giant

That was excellent

Monsanto has been getting corporate welfare for years and gaining an unfair market advantage by bribing politicians to get them to do their bidding.

Last edited:
Should they? :dunno

People have been genetically manipulating plants since they started cultivating crops.

Splicing two different varieties of wheat together and letting natural processes transform them into a new variety is not the same as putting fish genes into tomatoes to keep them fresher or rather to keep them from spoiling on the supermarket shelves longer.

Hybridization of two varieties of plants to make one isn't the same as genetic engineering. Broccoli isn't the same as GMO so-called "foods".

Yes, it is. Genes combined in a manner that they would not have naturally = engineering. The limits you're placing on it are abitrary, and the taboo is pure superstition.

God complex? That is somehow different from people claiming to represent God's law and controlling the actions of those who disobey? Sorry, Reverend. I'm not buying the high road act on this one. I think your map is upside down.

What do you mean, aren't immune? Organic standards prohibit the use of certain chemicals. You can't get certification if you use GMOs or certain other chemicals. There were cases of GMO soybeans floating into organic fields, where organic farmers didn't want them, and then the vile Sith at Monsanto sued the organic farmers for using their crops without a license.

Just read up on it. And also Whole Foods.

Even if you go and grow your own garden
Seeds have been genetically altered so they grow better and have a much higher yield

Organic food is for elitists that think because they can spend more they are getting better than everyone else
And the usually have absolutely no idea what they are talking about
Because the took commerce or arty fatty classes at school and didn't learn basic biology

If it wasn't for genetically altered food
We would be all be starving right now

If you want to eat healthy blah blah blah
Don't look down on other people because
Guess what
Your still going to die

You haven't been keeping up with things lately have you?

I don't care what people eat, but you should be able to choose. You can't choose when they don't label it and pay off politicians so they don't have to. If it's so good for you, why don't they want it labeled?

Read up on what happens when bees die off while you're at it and why that comes back on Monsanto.

Should they? :dunno

People have been genetically manipulating plants since they started cultivating crops.

Devil, if just not about the GMOs, but also what's happening with a lot of things concerning that company. They are being banned all over Europe for one thing.

Lord knows I'm not a health food nut, but I'm more concerned about the bee population and also the manipulative measures Monsanto has taken.

I remember Monsanto being blamed for the bees a while back, but I've heard otherwise from farmers more recently. Europe won a suit against them for a guy who stuck his face in a container of pesticide and got sick. (And you know what? DDT was safe, so there's no excuse for the use of dangerous pesticides.)

Every time I hear some new evil perpetrated by this company, I find something completely banal at the bottom of it. The only real news I've seen regarding Monsanto is that people are afraid of them, and it has more to do with the demonization of them than it does any kind of science.

I remember Monsanto being blamed for the bees a while back, but I've heard otherwise from farmers more recently. Europe won a suit against them for a guy who stuck his face in a container of pesticide and got sick. (And you know what? DDT was safe, so there's no excuse for the use of dangerous pesticides.)

Every time I hear some new evil perpetrated by this company, I find something completely banal at the bottom of it. The only real news I've seen regarding Monsanto is that people are afraid of them, and it has more to do with the demonization of them than it does any kind of science.

I've read way too much not to believe that they are completely innocent of everything.

DDT was safe if used properly, trouble is so many didn't. It's that way with a lot of things.

Just read up on it. And also Whole Foods.

Gary Null said that Whole Foods was guilty of labeling things as organic which absolutely were not, just for higher profits. I haven't shopped at Whole Foods for 15 years. Mrs. Gooches was a great store, that Whole Foods bought, and turned into a Whole Foods. I stopped going there a couple years later, in the late 90's.

Yes, it is. Genes combined in a manner that they would not have naturally = engineering. The limits you're placing on it are abitrary, and the taboo is pure superstition.

God complex? That is somehow different from people claiming to represent God's law and controlling the actions of those who disobey? Sorry, Reverend. I'm not buying the high road act on this one. I think your map is upside down.

Could people have put fish genes in tomatoes 100 years ago? No. You can't just take fluid from a fish and inject it into a plant and have it take. You CAN do that with two plants. It is not arbitrary. Grafting one plant to another isn't the same as genetically engineering things, even to scientists, especially when they are trying to actually genetically engineer something. Also, genetic engineering bypasses natural safeguards to upsetting the ecosystem that hybridization does not.

https://www.foodrevolution.org/blog/former-pro-gmo-scientist/

"Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food":

"In 2009 the American Academy of Environmental Medicine called for a moratorium of GM foods, safety testing and labeling. Their review of the available literature at the time noted that animals show serious health risks associated with GM food consumption including infertility, immune dysregulation, accelerated aging, dysregulation of genes associated with cholesterol synthesis, insulin regulation, cell signaling, and protein formation, and changes in the liver, kidney, spleen and gastrointestinal system. ."

"Monsanto writes “There is no need to test the safety of GM foods”. So long as the engineered protein is safe, foods from GM crops are substantially equivalent and they cannot pose any health risks.” "

"The US Food and Drug Administration waived all levels of safety testing in 1996 before approving the commercialization of these crops. Nothing more than voluntary research is necessary, and the FDA does not even want to see the results. And there is certainly no need to publish any of it. If you remember 1996, the year that the first crops were commercialized, the research scientists of the US FDA all predicted that transgenic crops would have unpredictable hard to detect side effects, allergens, toxins, nutritional effects, new diseases."

https://www.safe-food.org/-issue/view.html

"Is this a natural extension of traditional breeding practices? It does not look that way to me. Whereas traditional breeding makes use of natural reproductive mechanisms, and must respect the natural reproductive barriers between species, genetic engineering uses artificial means to aggressively penetrate those barriers. Genetic engineers can isolate genes from virtually any organism on the planet and introduce those genes into any other living thing on earth. When you introduce a gene from a fish into a tomato or from bacteria into corn, or from a virus into a squash, you are doing something that would never happen in nature.

For the genetic engineer, there are no limitations, except their own creativity and good judgment. We know that human creativity knows no bounds, and we have seen time and time again that human judgment is far from infallible. This sets up a situation in which abuses are almost guaranteed. And, as we will see, they have already happened."

'An example of this inability to reliably predict and control the outcome of genetic manipulations already came to light when genetic engineers in Japan altered the genes of bacteria for the purpose of making them produce large amounts of the food supplement tryptophan. They had already been using these bacteria as little factories for tryptophan production, but hoped to make this process more efficient, and therefore more profitable, through genetic engineering.

They succeeded in souping up these bacteria so that they produced tryptophan much more efficiently, but, unexpectedly, their genetic manipulations also caused the bacteria to produce a powerful toxin. The genetic engineers had no idea that their tinkering had created this deadly contaminant, until the supplement was put on the market and people started getting sick and dying. Altogether, 1500 Americans were permanently disabled and 37 died from this defective product. Because it was not labeled as genetically engineered, it took months to track down the source of the problem and take the product off the market."

That tryptophan that killed people decades ago was GENETICALLY ENGINEERED, and showed the dangers of genetic engineering, and NOT of natural nutritional supplements.

Last edited:
https://www.infowars.com/the-gmo-de...ed-monsanto-halted-from-threatening-humanity/

"As a shocking new study has graphically shown, GMOs are the new thalidomide. When rats eat GM corn, they develop horrifying tumors. Seventy percent of females die prematurely, and virtually all of them suffer severe organ damage from consuming GMO. These are the scientific conclusions of the first truly “long-term” study ever conducted on GMO consumption in animals, and the findings are absolutely horrifying. (See pictures of rats with tumors, below.)

What this reveals is that genetic engineering turns FOOD into POISON."

You know, you'd have an easier time establishing your credibility if you weren't citing crazy people.

How long are these long term studies? How long have we been eating this stuff? Why aren't we developing horrifying tumors? GMO's are everywhere, right?

I want some Taco Bell. They're cheap, and they NEVER mess up my order. it's perfect every single time.

Back