Why Dosen't Marvel make a GOOD Female hero moive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because the Marvel chicks have a hard time being in a leading roll by themselves.... plus popular actresses (who can act) are hard to come by.

im sure they weren't trying to put out crappy female movies.

Black widow could rock

I read this thread and I am trying my darn best to recall which Marvel superbabes I like............ other than those in the Xmen titles..., I can't think of one who will make me want to go watch a movie about. Ms Marvel's sweet but I think I would have preferred to that they make a Capt Marvel instead.

However, DC does the Catwoman and Batgirl! IF Marvel were to have lesbian super sweeties like Catwoman and Batgirl, we have have a winner. Otherwise, for now. I would love it if they make a Catwoman and Batgirl movie, R-Rated please! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No one wants to see a female superhero flick.

Elektra failed. Catwoman failed. Now granted those sucked, but still.

Wonder Woman will prolly fail too.

I thought a saw Wonder Woman on cover of Playboy some times back? Can anyone correct me if I am wrong? Thanks!

Marvel has a s***ty roster of female heroes. Most of them are unoriginal variations on male heroes like She Hulk, Spider woman/girl, X-23, Scarlet Witch, and Ms. Marvel. The rest aren't unique enough to really warrant attention. Black Widow is just a female version of James Bond, Elektra is just a martial artist, whoopee.
The only notable ones are in teams like the X-Men or the Fantastic Four, which has been done.
Marvel has severely shortchanged women in their universe, if they gave half the amount of creative energy on a female character as they do men, they might have their own Wonder Woman level female character.
So other then Black Widow, I don't see any Marvel female getting their own film.

Very true ... other then x-men all the girls in marvel have a man as a big part of their being ... WONDER WOMAN would be the best female hero to take the big srceen. Too bad she DC, and if DC comes out with a wonder woman it better be bad ass!!! It would have to stand up too all the Marvel movie that are coming out. Ant-Man and the Wasp is a good idea too, even though it wouldn't be a female hero movie. It could become one of many movies leading up to "The Avenger's".​

One of the major problems is WHO CAN HOLD A FILM ON THEIR OWN?

MillaJovovich001.jpg
How about
Milla Jovovich?

MillaJovoich.jpg

I bit she could be a bad ass hero ... she can acted and dose Action!!! Maybe Black Widow?
MillaJovovich.jpg

any comments?

I dunno if anyone else reads it, but She-Hulk has been a killer book for a couple of years now.....it could be a GREAT movie.

I thought the She-Hulk comic had been pretty bad recently?

I don't read it, but from what I'd heard it wasn't doing too well.

And I really don't think any character besides Black Widow or Ms. Marvel could succeed... and Ms. Marvel is a stretch.

I could however see Wasp playing a big role in the Ant-Man film... although I still hope they go with a comedic Irredeemable Ant-Man style story.

The Slott/Horn run was great! Peter David is back on it now and I didn't dig it at first, but it is growing on me. I would recommend the Slott/Horn run to anyone...it was surprisingly on of my favs for a long time! There were tons of great guests(Thanos,Leader,Eros), it was funny, and very smart. Sales aren't always the greatest indicator of a good book.....

Back