Who's going to SDCC and where are you staying?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey BadMoon if you are not really planning on going to the Con I'd love to take that 4 day pass of your hand! :D

Just sayin'... ;)

Oh I am planning on going. However, that is not my main reason for going to be honest. Crowds and lines arent really my thing.

Is anyone planning on arriving the 21st?

Last edited:
No but unless someone local is there finding someone to help you get around or to stay with could be hard.

Why don't people go a day before I wonder? I guess I just like to be prepared in case I get a delayed flight or something. :dunno

Why don't people go a day before I wonder? I guess I just like to be prepared in case I get a delayed flight or something. :dunno
Maybe people will. Its not a bad idea especially if you have never been to SD. Then you can go do some sightseeing on Tue and most of the day wed.

Preview Day doesn't actually start until at least 5:00 PM on the Wednesday (7/22 this year), though some crazies start lining up way earlier. That's why most people don't get into town until that morning or afternoon. It saves a night of lodging expenses and a whole vacation day.

It varies for everyone (especially the Exhibitors) but my SDCC travel itinerary has always been the following:

Wednesday Afternoon: Arrive in SD
Sunday Evening/Early Monday AM: Leave SD

I figured I would get in ahead of preview day. Is that bad?

I don't think it's bad. SD is easy to get around and there's lots to see and do, with or without familiarity of the area. Probably your best shot at getting to see and do things before the sweaty masses arrive and start stinking up every last venue.

Cool! Thanks Bannister. Any idea of what cab fare may be to that place from the airport?
I think it cost around 15-20 bucks or so last year including the tip.(I won't swear to that.:lol) Downtown is not far from the airport.

Have to admit I don't like the idea of sleeping in a room with people I don't know. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to go. :rock

Now does one choose the co-ed option? :naughty:lol

Cool! Thanks Bannister. Any idea of what cab fare may be to that place from the airport?

Take a bus the info is on the site how to get there. The problem with Cabs is if you can hit retarded amount of traffic just getting trough downtown and then fares go through the roof.

Have to admit I don't like the idea of sleeping in a room with people I don't know. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to go. :rock

Now does one choose the co-ed option? :naughty:lol

Just remember its only one night. Get drunk and pass out in the room:lol

Back