Who would you like to direct the Hobbit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you now like to direct the Hobbit?

• Total voters
I'd love to see PJ at it again. I believe he would knock it out of the park again. He knows Middle Earth and what it takes to make it run like clock work. That being said I would also love to see Spielberg at it if I had a second choice. One of the best directors ever IMO I would be more than happy see him work with PJ and get this done.

Spielberg would never do it. PJ is too burned out from directing the trilogy that he would actually be detrimental to the Hobbit as a director.

Spielberg would never do it. PJ is too burned out from directing the trilogy that he would actually be detrimental to the Hobbit as a director.

Spielberg probably wouldn't do it but its something I think many would be cool with. I don't think PJ is burned out directing. He has done movies since LOTR and you dod realize its been 6 years almost 7 since ROTK came out in theaters. I'd say he'd be more than good to go for The Hobbit.

PJ said he doesn't want to direct it. I'm fine with that as long as he is producing.

I would think that if you have an epic script, visuals and action sequences worked out (as has been stated) an accomplished director could make this work and work beautifully.

PJ or any of his tight entourage that will be very passionate on taking on such project and not just directing for the sake of adding another movie to his portfolio.

Me. I could direct them. Based on the other 3 movies it doesnt take much. Have some decent fx and then zoom in slow motion on Frodo getting hurt and someone going noooooooooooo about 50 times. Piece of cake.

Also going on that logic^, My daughter coulda directed the SW prequels and dare i say done a much better job.

LOL @ SS or JC or even Christopher Nolan Doing the hobbit. I don't really like anyone off the list too much even Raimi.

(I'm surprised some hasn't already stated that they think TDK was done better than the LOTR films. I'd have to LOL myself right outta town hearing that!)

Last edited:
Me. I could direct them. Based on the other 3 movies it doesnt take much. Have some decent fx and then zoom in slow motion on Frodo getting hurt and someone going noooooooooooo about 50 times. Piece of cake.

nose-pickers.gif

Hmm, i didn't see it myself, but D9 was a solid film by all accounts, so Blomkamp could do a good job...... Cuaron would be brilliant, GDT lite if you will.... maybe PJ, but i don't want any more long, overly drawn-out emotional close-ups.

Chris Nolan.

Because TDK was way better than the whole LotR trilogy and it would be amazing to see what he could do with The Hobbit. :D

I'm going with PJ because it would result in a consistent look between Hobbit and LOTR.

Back