Finally, A 1:6 Brandon Routh Superman Figure That I'd Get (if produced)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Brandon Routh KC Superman.jpg
I was never a fan of Superman Returns. I saw it in the theater, and never watched it again. The movie was terribly written and directed and did a poor job of leaning into Donner's vision; the less said about Kevin Spacey the better; and the costume with the tiny "S" symbol was pretty weak IMO. However, in the middle of everything I did like Brandon Routh. While he wasn't Christopher Reeve, he had a genuine sparkle and earnestness to his performance. I always felt he got the bad end of Bryan Singer's disastrous flick. With a comic-accurate story and a better director who knows what could have been. Three years before Iron Man, Superman could have kicked off a DC Cinematic Universe. While Singer went crawling back to the X-Men and Warner studio executives went slinking off as usual, Routh's career suffered. I remember him doing a zombie detective movie or something after SR, and then he sort of disappeared. It was nice to see him come back into the DC world a few years ago for Flash and Legends (although I wasn't crazy about their take on the Atom). Sure he gets to be a working actor and make money, but he has also come across as being a trooper and having a positive attitude. That all said, I think this promo image of Routh as Kingdom Come Superman is somewhat redemptive. The costume looks great and Routh looks cool in it (interestingly, I can see a bit of Reeve in there as well). Hopefully this will be a highlight of the Crisis Crossover. It would be great if they surround him with Alex Ross/comic accurate versions of other KC/JSA members like Wonder Woman, Batman and Hawkman. I still have zero interest in a SR figure, but I'd definitely pick up this KC Superman.

Brandon-Routh-Superman-1280x720.jpg

Last edited:
That would look pretty cool. Is that actually how much older he looks now? He was a smidge boyish in Superman Returns.

I was saddened that SR wasn't the triumph I was hoping for. I'd say I've watched it maybe 4 or 5 times but it didn't really improve. What was good was still good (plane rescue/ the score) but there was just never any getting away from how boring it was for much of its runtime.

I think it would be a real shame if Hot Toys passed up the opportunity to make this as a figure. I don?t watch a single WB DC show(although I might check this crossover out), but I would 110% buy this figure to represent Routh as Supes and I know I am not the only one who would.

I’m more than curious about this. I loved the Kingdom Come comics. I didn’t hate Superman Returns although it didn’t carry the story over properly from the original. Routh however was an excellent Superman/Clark so I’m happy to see him return to the role.

If HT makes a figure I’m in.

I like this over the "skimpy" version that he wore in the film. Now, with more experience under his belt, he seems to be more confident in the suit. I think that since he is no longer underneath Reeve's shadow he is able to own his version of Superman.

I loved SR at the time, as a more somber and poetic kind of Superman movie, but I've tried watching it again recently and it hasn't aged particularly well. Though I do still love the costume and was bummed at first to hear they couldn't use it for this crossover.

This new one does look really damn cool though and would be an instant PO if HT were to make it.

Suit looks cool but im more interested in Welling suiting up. Was a big smallville fan back in the day. As far as superman returns and BR well i love supes so i tried to force myself to like it. Was so happy we were getting another superman film, but honestly its a snoozefest, he is a depressed absentee father, and peeping tom that lifts a giant island of kryptonite (ya head-scratcher of epic proportions) for the climatic final battle. The plane rescue scene was good but other than that its a waste of film.

I don't get it... Is this a new TV show or a new movie or what?

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

Was confused too. Just goggled, turns out he's returning as Supes in the Arrowverse in a Crisis story along with Tyler Hoechlin and Tom Welling reprising their versions too.

What about Dean Cain? :lol I only lol because he's probably been blacklisted due to being an outspoken republican

I don't watch the DC shows but I'm gonna have to catch this event.

With HT stepping into the Arrowverse with their proposed Flash action figure I'm really hoping they dip into this Crisis storyline. Can you imagine if we got both Routh as KC Superman and if Welling suited up as well? Hell with Routh off of Legends I wouldn't mind if they gave his Superman his own spin-off.

Also Alex Ross posted this and the possibility really blew my mind

Screen-Shot-2019-09-29-at-1-39-13-PM.png

The Arrowverse did an amazing job with this suit and Brandon Routh looks great in it.
Hard to believe these are the same people that gave us that bad looking Tyler Hoechlin suit with the horrendous cape clips.
I would preorder a Routh KC Supes day one. Hot Toys, please make this happen :pray:

BR version of supes is going to die for sure (he is leaving the cw this year), lets hope the supergirl tyler Hoechlin version dies too, so tom welling can assume his rightful place and take over with a new show next year. Ya ya sure wishful thinking but there is always a chance, its not like he is too busy with other gigs. They wanted him the whole time but obciously he didnt want any part of the supergirl version. In fact when they first decided to do crisis he was their first second and third options for a return. The main actor they wanted back. If it was up to them, he would be supes full time, maybe him coming back will lead to more.

He makes tyler look like a puny man lol
https://tvline.com/2019/09/30/arrow...s-tom-welling-tyler-hoechlin-photo-crossover/

Erica durance is coming back to reprise role as lois but she already plays Alura zor-el supergirls mom on supergirl lol. I guess they figure nobody will notice

And there is absolutely no chance we get any figures from hot toys for these 5 crisis episodes. This thread should prolly be moved to the movies & TV show section lol

They didnt forget about Dean Cain he played supergirls earth dad on supergirl plus he is way to old and out of shape to suit up or play clark now. The original supergirl from the old movie plays her earth mother.

Kevin Conroy is playing an older bruce wayne
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegott...atman-crisis-infinite-earths-digital-art/amp/

They're also bringing in the actress from the Birds Of Prey TV show. I've lost interest in the Arrowverse because of the bad CGI but I hope HT makes Constantine. More interested in Titans, hope HT will make Hawk and Dove and maybe Doom Patrol.

People should be really happy that Kevin is finally getting his shot to play a live action bruce wayne, the dude has dedicated his life to lending his voice on all the animated movies. Its really cool that he is finally getting this chance. He also did voice overs for a few of the movie actors (certain scenes) I am too lazy to post the article but a quick google search will lead you to the ones that explain what im referring too. Major props to CW, regardless of what you think of the TV shows, for honoring these people with roles

Back