Who wants to see Batman's new suit...Spoilers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion is going to have to wait until I see more of it... as of now, I think I prefer the Begins batsuit to this one, and I'm very glad I just snagged one (I'm anxiously awaiting delivery).

I'm also a big fan of the Burton film batsuit design. Why oh why can't Hot Toys snag that license and pump out a Keaton bats.

Last edited:
metaphorge said:
My opinion is going to have to wait until I see more of it... as of now, I think I prefer the <i>Begins</i> batsuit to this one, and I'm very glad I just snagged one (I'm anxiously awaiting delivery).

I'm also a big fan of the Burton film batsuit design. Why oh why can't Hot Toys snag that license and pump out a Keaton bats.

You'll really like the HT BB fig. Very well done. And ditto on HT doing a 1989 Burton Batman. It would be the grail of the HT line for me. I have a custom one but it's not that great.

new suit = more merchandice for warner, probably true, but with batman, I dont really have a problem with that since I think the batman suit has always been updated. It only makes sense that bruce wayne would incorporate the latest tech into his suit to better combat the crime. (he can afford it anyway) And new tech sometime changes what was before. Beside, having more than one look can benefit to batman's "legend", where there is not a definitive image of what batman looks like.

TheObsoleteMan said:
If I saw a guy in a cape and pajamas with his underwear on the outside of his pants coming at me, I'd probably back off.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

that's about 90% of all superheros. Guess they are all messed up in the head and want to strike fear in everyone.

Not loving the new look, looks almost like a Transformer, but it is ok. I mean, I have no choice, right? So, there it is. Looks greyer to me. I kinda hope it is. More black cowl and cape, grey other parts.
Lots of extraneous details to me.
Whatever. I will see the movie, buy the Hot Toys version, the works.
Just so long as THE MOVIE'S GOOD.....

That is above all else.

Honestly this is a very interesting situation.

When the first suit was revealed for begins, people had a hayday. They thought "Oh no more rubber" and assumed it'd be as bad as the previous films. Now anyone who had problems with the suit, had a change of heart once they saw the film. Nolan proved to them that in the film the suit was wholey different than the previous ones, and works alot better.

Now we have a suit that again is very controversial to some people, but its hte opposite reaction. I think people, who were comforted by what an amazing film begins was, are very trusting in what to expect from this one. Naturally willing to trust that despite how this suit may look it'll work once they see the movie, and we'll all be shown hwo cool it is once we see the movie.

But fact is fact in the end, that suit is NOT nessecarily a good thing. It's very busy, very armored. He looks like a motorcycle racer. Muscle shaped armor padding, big burly knuckled gloves, shorter cape, i'm starting to wonder if the rumor of a batbike that was actually just a pic of a six flags prop may be real... i'm worried to be honest. I have faith in nolan because of what he did with begins, but i question where he's going with this,b ecause this suit is a step BACKWARDS and i dont care what you say, it is.

The original begins suit was everything this one is, but a hell of alot sleaker:
batsuit.jpg

HE retained plenty of flexability in that suit, with the neoprene. The only real limitations were in his neck area, but the cowl was seperate from the body unlike previous incarnations of the suit which were glued together, he was free to move his head, it was just hindered by a thick neck on the cowl a bit. He still moved tons more than any other batman. That suit brought everything together, asthetic style of the comic look, with the armored reality of the film universe. It was armored and protected him, but it was sleak and smooth, and gave him the ability to hide and conceal, move and fight.

This new suit looks like ironman, or to be honest, like Green Goblin:
dkbatsuit.jpg

ggmovie.jpg

Where the first suit had armor but it was smoothly part of the suit, this one brings the armor out front, like he's wearing a tactical suit ready for the worst kinds of combat. It seems like an off the wall specialty suit, not his normal one. It's all armor, no costume, no sleakness.

Now much can be said for the concept of shadows and light hiding much of what you may see in the costume, and while that was deffinately true with the first one, it's going to be harder with this one. All the sharp angles and edges and pads and armor are going to stand out even in low light, he's going to look odd. And anything that odd looking isn't nessecarily frightening. He was frightening before because he was a mass of black and shadow, now he's got more armor than a tank, and a shorter cape... less mass of black more burly armor man. And for anyone defending an illy designed costume with the concept of "in the movie it'll be in shadow" the same can be said for spandex..

debatman.jpg

While spandex may seem unrealistic hwen you look at it in reality, it can be used effectively in a film situation, even with batman. If they had done something like the armored suit we see, but layered over with a solid cover of something like spandex, it'd be much more sensical. Most modern designs for batman in the comics utilize an armored under layer underneath his costume. Thats what this new movie suit looks like, that but without the real costume on the outside....

I hate to be that guy who just up and hates something he sees from one pic, and im trying to be open, but im laying out what we see and what i think, and my fears for what this may become. Yes i want to see it in the context of the movie, im just worried that its not going to get any better.

I'm with you Magnuz. In the end the costume doesn't make the movie (look at Goblin, because DaFoe owned, it worked) and I'm hoping it's only a specialty suit myself.

dekadentdave said:
Batman_complete_01.jpg

THAT's the BAT.
No offense, but that Batman looks like he has a beer belly. Granted, the comics suit is cool, and it did look good in Dead End, but I think that a guy like Bruce Wayne would have more high-tech armor/clothes than just some spandex suit.

I think the new suit doesn't look that bad. And if people don't like the here's an idea; don't see the movie. Complaining about it won't really help at all.

And I too would KILL for a HT Keaton Batman.:D

That's because it's Alex Ross. He always makes his superheroes look as natural and believable as possible, not stereroidal freaks or guys who wear fake muscle rubber body suits.

dekadentdave said:
That's because it's Alex Ross. He always makes his superheroes look as natural and believable as possible, not stereroidal freaks or guys who wear fake muscle rubber body suits.
Yeah right. It's a guy(With a beer belly) who runs around in a Bat costume beating up criminals, to me that's not very believable, and neither is that costume being in a Live Action movie. It'd look rediculous. Spandex may work for Spiderman or the FF4, but when it comes to Batman, that costume is best left in the comics. And Nolan's Batman was very believable, IMHO. The BB suit wasn't a fake rubber muscle suit, it was a prototype infantry suit designed to be bullet/knife proof aswell as flexible, both of which equally suits Batman's mission.

If he had a beer belly he'd look like Tony Soprano or Homer Simpson. He looks like an average built male late 30's to mid 40's to me. Nothing extraordinary about him which is the way he should look.

I hated Batman Begins. First hour was great but when I saw Bale in the suit imitating Keaton I laughed. Second hour was a complete misfire. Still haven't seen the definitive Batman movie.

Guess you kids today can't accept anything from the old school because it has to look "cool" by definition of current pop culture. I'll stick to the traditional Dark Knight Detective Batman instead of high-tech rubber samurai ninja poser Batman.

dekadentdave said:
If he had a beer belly he'd look like Tony Soprano or Homer Simpson. He looks like an average built male late 30's to mid 40's to me. Nothing extraordinary about him which is the way he should look.

I hated Batman Begins. First hour was great but when I saw Bale in the suit imitating Keaton I laughed. Second hour was a complete misfire. Still haven't seen the definitive Batman movie.

Guess you kids today can't accept anything from the old school because it has to look "cool" by definition of current pop culture. I'll stick to the traditional Dark Knight Detective Batman instead of high-tech rubber samurai ninja poser Batman.

seeing as how you didn't like the first movie, it's pointless in trying to change your views. just stick with the comics and the animated series.

I look at like this.

In the real world Navy Seals don't ware their pj's to battle, neither should Batman.

In a real world situation there is no man, however highly trained, that is gonna go into battle in his under ware.

Cops ware body armor, soldiers ware body armor, no reason to think Batman wouldn't do the same.

King Darkness said:
I look at like this.

In the real world Navy Seals don't ware their pj's to battle, neither should Batman.

In a real world situation there is no man, however highly trained, that is gonna go into battle in his under ware.

Cops ware body armor, soldiers ware body armor, no reason to think Batman wouldn't do the same.

well said... and people please... this is chris nolan.. think about it..

animated series rules. :rock

I don't care who the ****** he is. Burton, Schumacher, Nolan. Nobody can get it right.

'cept maybe Bruce Timm.

That sculpt would have looked a whole lot more appealing if it had been based on Clark Bartram who plays Batman in Dead End.

snakebeater said:
well said... and people please... this is chris nolan.. think about it..

animated series rules. :rock
QFT, bro!

Batman f'n rules, regardless of rubber or spandex suit!:D

well I'm not going to comment until I see the suit in the context of the story. We don't know how he decides on this suit, when he changes to it, why he changes to it, how it benefits him.... an so on

Going by one dim photograph and making up all your minds is just silly

:rolleyes:

Looks ok to me.(a little better than the BB one)Was hoping for a little more cloth though somewhere on it.But i bet thats not a very good pic so much more to come.

Back