Who wants to see Batman's new suit...Spoilers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dekadentdave said:
Reminds me of when Batman was flying in the Batwing and deployed missiles and machine gun fire... all of which were useless to stop the Joker and nobody was harmed. Absolutely pointless.

DUDE!! till THIS day, i'm still scratching my head over that scene! even when i first saw it...i was a wee lad...i mean, when batman missed (he shouldn't have been firing in the first place), as a kid, b4 this term was commonly used, i thought "WTF??"

dekadentdave said:
And he even used his targeting computer! :lol
It was all the fault of the stupid cowl. He couldn't turn his head to the side, and he pressed the wrong button. Instead of pressing the "Fire Missiles AT Target" button, he accidentally pressed the "Fire Missiles ALL AROUND Target" button.

And we all know that only Batman would have a "Fire Missiles ALL AROUND Target" button, because he doesn't really want to kill anyone, just intimidate them with his vast arsenal.

"Master Bruce, you switched on your targeting computer, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Alfred, I'm alright."

:blackbat

!!! HIGH RES VERSION !!!
bat_suit_el_largo.jpg

O.K, I stopped by the Batman set, here in town and talked to Director Chris Nolan (He likes to film here cause he's got family here) about the concerns some of us have about the new Bat suit. He was very sympathetic to our requests and here's what we came up with....it's being fitted to Bale as we speak:
d_3833.jpg

Well, not sure how close to the suit this is, but I saw this image and MAYBE it's a way to see the detail of it.

BatmanToy1.jpg

wofford29 said:
Is that a Mattel figure?

Yeah...probably one of twelve radically different versions they're going to release.

And maybe...just MAYBE...one of them will sorta, kinda look like the movie version.

:D

Mattel doesn't know anything about gearing toys towards collectors.They have BARELY taken a step in the same direction that toy companies like Hasbro,Toy Biz and McFarlane Toys have gone in.

That said...I'm looking forward to seeing what Hot Toys,Medicom and heck...maybe even Takara will be having for "The Dark Knight". :monkey1

screamingmetal said:
That looks an awful lot like a GI Joe vehicle. Why does Batman put guns on vehicles when he doesn't want to kill people? It's something that's bothered me since Burton's Batman.

I totally agree with you man, guns make no sense on a Batman ride. Although I will give a pass to the DKR Batman, cause he is nuts.

Well they never turn out to be guns really, just firing grappling hooks or nets or smoke bombs. They never shoot bullets, I guess missiles but that's more demolition to blow up walls so he can drive through.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Well they never turn out to be guns really, just firing grappling hooks or nets or smoke bombs. They never shoot bullets, I guess missiles but that's more demolition to blow up walls so he can drive through.
The Batmobile in the first two Burton films had two 30 cal. machine guns that would pop up out of either side of the top front of the car; he used them to make a door in a huge metal gate in the first film I believe. And the aforementioned Batwing had machine guns that Batman tried to use to kill the Joker but failed miserably.
The grenade launcher on the Tumbler worked for the situation Batman used them in and he also didn't design the Tumbler to have a grenade launcher so it kinda works in the film. I haven't seen the Batpod in action, but all those gun barrels on the front of the vehicle makes it not look like something Bruce Wayne would look at and say "Hey that's cool, I can use this to nonlethally fight street crime!". ;)

Back