Who wants to see Batman's new suit...Spoilers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magnuz said:
While spandex may seem unrealistic hwen you look at it in reality, it can be used effectively in a film situation, even with batman. If they had done something like the armored suit we see, but layered over with a solid cover of something like spandex, it'd be much more sensical. Most modern designs for batman in the comics utilize an armored under layer underneath his costume. Thats what this new movie suit looks like, that but without the real costume on the outside....

That makes sense to me. I think it would be possible to get the audience to believe in a batsuit that looks like the comic version on the outside but would be hardened and not be just spandex underneath. Maybe something unfortunate will befall Baleman because of his new suit and he'll have Lucius design something that flows better (okay, so I doubt it, but I can dream, can't I?)....

Armor under spandex would be smarter too. The villains don't know there's armor under there, they see some dude in tights, they shot him, HE GETS UP! It'd be a mind game! BUT I think for movies all Black works better than the gray. Just sits on camera better.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Armor under spandex would be smarter too. The villains don't know there's armor under there, they see some dude in tights, they shot him, HE GETS UP! It'd be a mind game! BUT I think for movies all Black works better than the gray. Just sits on camera better.

That's one of the things I loved about Burton's '89 batsuit. The armor was sculpted with the abs and all to look like a guy wearing a tight costume.
In that scene where the thugs shot him and he acted like they killed him they didn't have a clue he was wearing armor 'till they got right on top of him. To me it was and still is the perfect armor design for Bats.

Here's a smaller, but better pic of the new suit:
TDK_new-bat-costume_EW_2007.jpg

It's alright to say he would wear armour, but then why isn't he wearing a helmut? Armoured personnel wear helmuts, knights wear helmuts, to protect their noggins. This thread has become argument for the sake of argument. Batman cannot be melded into our reality. It doesn't matter what the cartoonists draw or the film makers portray. Batman is a symbol, and easily recognized. No one really cared for Supermans new costume, now no one questions it. Who looks out of place here? We all identify Batman. Even when in the last pic reality really does try it, it can't quite make it. Reality isn't what we want from Batman. It's about him being beyond reality.

lawandorder_batman.jpg

batman.jpg

film-batman.jpg

batman070606_546x600.jpg

creecher said:
It's alright to say he would wear armour, but then why isn't he wearing a helmut? Armoured personnel wear helmuts, knights wear helmuts, to protect their noggins. This thread has become argument for the sake of argument. Batman cannot be melded into our reality. It doesn't matter what the cartoonists draw or the film makers portray. Batman is a symbol, and easily recognized. No one really cared for Supermans new costume, now no one questions it. Who looks out of place here? We all identify Batman. Even when in the last pic reality really does try it, it can't quite make it. Reality isn't what we want from Batman. It's about him being beyond reality.

He is wearing a HELMET. It's just shaped like his Batman cowl. They showed that fact in Batman Begins when Bruce and Alfred were assembling the suit. Sure, we all love fantastical entertainment, but in this case a lot of us enjoy seeing it tempered with a little reality. We're not talking absolute realism here, just enough that makes things seem plausible and grounded. Batman is not a fantasy story like Pirates of the Carribean or Lord of the Rings where anything goes. He's a more realistic superhero who is a highly trained human with lots of devices who happens to like dressing up as a bat....

Kinda like a very disturbed James Bond.:lol

dekadentdave said:
I don't care who the ****** he is. Burton, Schumacher, Nolan. Nobody can get it right.

'cept maybe Bruce Timm.

Man, give these directors a break, (well, not schumacher. he needs to be drag into the street and get some sense beat into him) They have to work with real people and real world surroundings. Its a very different story when you have to consider how things look in real life because the audience can detect what things look fake on screen, where comic and animation dont have that limitation. And some things are just not translatable from one form of medium to another.

Bruce Timm and Paul Dini are lucky in the sense that comic and animation are closely related. And it did took them several seasons to get the look right as well. Not to mention there are hundreds or even thousands of artist that have drawn batman and all have their own unique style and look, which of them actually draw to the real batman look? should everyone draw batman to look like the bob kane version from the 40's or should everyone draw batman to look like dark knight batman? So who has done batman right? the 60's Batman TV series?

Bruce Timm owns. I blame the producers more than directors though. In the end, NO MATTER WHAT the director wants, the producers get their say. "Giant Spiders in the 3rd act."

That's pretty lame for an insult. Could have at least tried to be more clever but I guess you'd have to excercise your dysfunctional brain to do that.

Even Schumacher did bat man right, only it was called "Lost Boys."

Personally I'd like to see a simpler Batman costume, but still grounded in reality. I reserve judgement on the new suit - but it doesn't seem to be a step in the right direction as far as simplifying anyway.

With such an iconic character like Batman, not everyone will be satisfied. I liked how Batman Begins was handled. My Gripes..... Batman says to Ra's " I'm not going to kill you...but I don't have to save you"...To me Batman is all about saving lives. After his parents death, the last thing he wants is someone's death on his conscience or the fact that he could have saved someone...but didn't (same as pulling the trigger). And please, please,please can we have a movie were NO ONE finds out the Bruce Wayne is Batman!

Back