Who wants to see Batman's new suit...Spoilers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's where the armor vs. spandex thing falls apart for me. The whole purpose of the costume is to "Strike fear into the hearts of evildoers". If a guy came at me in armor I would assume he's to some degree human because he needs to be armored to protect him. But a guy comes at me wearing what looks on the surface to be just a tight shirt and pants and he still doesn't flinch from being shot I'm going to think he might not be human and soil my pants. Put the spandex over the armor. Everyone's happy. During the 3 act "Hero get's the **** kicked out of him" scene the spandex gets ripped and reveals the armor. Now there are 2 more action figures to sell, spandex Batman and partially ripped spandex Batman.

You know, with clever insights like this I could probably fix that middle east thing too.

PS. the Takara Batman rules.

Looks good to me.

Batman running around in a shirt and stretchy pants just doesnt work on film.

If thats what you want to see go watch the old Batman TV show.

batman300.jpg

Is it a custom piece?

It looks great, but the belt looks a little too high. Sort of like an old man with his pants hiked up.

minivader said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

sorry, its a great work, but how does that look strike fear in the heart of evil men?
If I saw a guy in a cape and pajamas with his underwear on the outside of his pants coming at me, I'd probably back off.

If I saw a guy coming at me wearing a rubber body suit and tell him to go scuba diving off a coral reef.

New suit looks great, a bit busy , but great none the less. The armor is there for the realism effect, yeah he's a "superhero" but he's not. He needs the armor just like cops and military personal. Face it the tights wouldn't strike much fear into anyone! :D

You can get away with putting Superman, Spider-Man or the F4 in those tight spandex outifts because the characters themselves are so ludicrous that you have to suspend disbelief to the point that the costumes don't seem quite so silly in that context. In a gritty, realistic setting like Batman Begins, putting Batman in tights is just gonna look goofy. Is a rubber suit also goofy? Yes, but the armor aspect at least makes it a bit more believable.

Bruce Wayne creates Batman to strike fear into the hearts of Gotham's underworld. The costume — and the way he acts while wearing it — are meant to be as imposing and intimidating as possible. While Bruce Wayne is lighthearted and irresponsible, Batman is stoic and driven. In addition to the change in costume and personality, Bruce Wayne also changes his voice significantly to become Batman. The Dark Knight's voice is low and raspy, for both disguise and intimidation.
In keeping with the "dark" theme of the comics and the nature of bats, Batman is usually presented as operating primarily at night. After Zero Hour, DC Comics introduced the idea of the general public believing Batman to be urban legend; however, Batman is "outed" in the "War Games" crossover, when his live image is broadcast over the news during a brief daytime appearance in front of a high school under siege in Gotham. In The Long Halloween, Batman himself regards "his appearance to be more effective during the night".

The details of the Batman costume change repeatedly through the character's evolution, but the most distinctive elements remain consistent: a black scallop-hem cape, a cowl covering most of the face featuring a pair of batlike ears, and a stylized bat emblem on the chest, plus the ever-present utility belt. His gloves also typically feature three scallops that protrude from the sides. The most significant costume variations over the years involve the chest emblem–a yellow ellipse was added in 1964, and has come and gone since then; and the color scheme, alternately lighter colors (medium blue and light gray) or darker (black and dark gray). The length of the cowl's ears and of the cape vary greatly depending on the artist. On film, his uniform varies from its comic versions.
In his earliest appearances, Batman wears a bulletproof vest, but it was dropped soon after, in order to make the character even more human. However, later writers reintroduced the idea. To that end, in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman explains that the bright yellow ellipse on an otherwise dark costume provides an attractive target, drawing shooters away from a headshot and to a region of his costume that can better take the blow.

Xander said:
That's not Batman. The whole idea of him being in armor dismisses much of what Batman is. He doesn't wear armor because he doesn't have to, he's THAT freakin' good. Interviews with Nolan around when Begins first came out most of what he said was in regard to in not being like Burtons films. You can't make a film solely to "out-do" another film. They should've just let Frank Miller do it!
Frank Miller explained Batman's chest emblem as a 'target' that had armor plating underneath. "Why do you think I give them a target?"....Batman, The Dark Knight Returns.

I'm soooo looking foward to this movie..can't wait... based on that pic of the joker I'm loving the design, based on this picture of batman I'm loving it..

King Darkness said:
Looks good to me.

Batman running around in a shirt and stretchy pants just doesnt work on film.

If thats what you want to see go watch the old Batman TV show.

batman300.jpg

Guess you haven't seen Dead End.

Ironman1188 said:
Guess you haven't seen Dead End.

trust me, you can look at dead end in two complete different ways..

you can praise it and think this is the only way it can be done.

or

you can think it's completely ridiculous, and it's nothing more then a fan film.

I still think this is a cool design.

Hey come on, this is Batman. You have to suspend belief from the get go. A man in spandex or armour is still a dude in a mask wearing a cape. His enemies are dudes in makeup, or spandex or some kind of suit or another. Why does he have to explain his costume at all? He's a super hero. Super Hero. There is no such thing. It's a fable. He doesn't have to explain himself or justify his existence. That the film makers seem to find a need to do so, is taking a liberty. And where is the Robin? Dead End is back to basics, that's why it outshines the rest. Just sayin'. :monkey5

Let's just face it, nobody is going to satisfy us all! Cool suit or not it is still Batman and he will always kick ass no matter what he is wearing! :D

Back