Who wants to see Batman's new suit...Spoilers!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be worse if he was in tights like the comic. People think Ross and 'Dead End' show it can be done. I think it shows how much it would look like someone cosplaying at a geek convention.

Tights don't stop machine gun fire, armor does. If you want to see a man in tights and spandex go to the Ballet... :lol

snakebeater said:
seriously... I love the iconic grey spandex.. but putting that in a movie is just plain stupid.

That's how I feel too, it would just come off silly on the big screen. Works for Spidey, not so much for Batman. I really like the look of this suit, it's cool and functional. Yes, Batman is bad ass enough on his own and can dodge just about anything... but if you can have a little armor, why not? Especially if mobility is retained?

I like the suit... I'm sure they could give him the Black & Gray suit and make it look like the comic suit and say some BS about all the protection under it. But I like this suit - I like how tight and slim it looks and how Batman looks like some Bad-A$$ ninja...

BTW the cape hits the floor it just looks like it doesn't because of that fabric flap that is light my that amber light...

Also is it just me but does this look like the fast moving Batman yet..? He doesn't look stiff at all...

If you want to see spandex tights and cape go watch Superman Returns. A guy wearing blue and red tights with a big cheesy "S" on his chest is just ridiculous. Batman on the other hand, isn't so.... colorful. I can handle a guy wearing some kind of gray mylar bodysuit with a black bat on his chest and leather cape and cowl.

Not really digging it. The Begins suit looked pretty good (though I like the 89 Batman best) because it didnt look too much like armor. This looks like some jigsaw puzzle suit. The Batman's look was to strike fear into the criminal element. What is there to be scared of with this suit?

Looks great!Looks like a lot of pieces but I heard he goes through a costume change during the movie.Is it from the original suit to this one?Or this one to another one? Guess we'll have to see.

I love the realistic approach in Batman Begins, in the real world...Batman's suit would be body armor just like this and the Batmobile would be a tank much like the Tumbler. This is the perfect Batman.

Therein lies the problem of Nolan's Batman. Batman doesn't have a batmobile in year one and he doesn't have an arsenal of James Bond gadgets. In the "real" Batman, he has to rely on his detective skills and street-smarts and instill a visage of fear into the criminal element. He doesn't wear a rubber Power Ranger suit and drive a tank and call up Q... er, Lucius Fox when he needs a new Bat-gadget.

Nolan's vision/update works for me too... Batman needs armor. I'd like to see more pics of the suit, seems it's pretty much the same design except for the mask, arms and legs which have cut out armor over fabric so Bale won't pass out on from heat exhaustion on set... but the design on those armor panels don't look all that gothic to me. He can also move his head without having to move his shoulders so that makes more sense to me too...

As far as merchandising goes, I'm glad for the changes. I was oblivious to the existence of 1/6 scale collectibles until Sideshow got the SW license and I started checking out their site and posint in forums, so I missed the great Begins figures and I don't like them enough to spend the insane eBay prices, so looks like this will be my chance.

*cough*
ironbat.jpg

Bingo. Merchandising. Another example of how $tar Whore$ has ruined Hollywood films forever.

dekadentdave said:
Bingo. Merchandising. Another example of how $tar Whore$ has ruined Hollywood films forever.

Where would your precious Aliens and Terminators have come from if that weren't the way of the world with films and merchandising?

The original Terminator was a low-budget film with practically no merchandising surrounding it until it became successful and spawned sequels, the second being fairly entertaining but not as good as the first and T3, I won't even go there.

Alien was riding the $tar Whore$ phenomenon but didn't have to rely on heavy merchandising (the Kenner Alien figure was a flop because of the R-rating targeting kids). Again, became a huge success and spawned sequels and went down hill progressively.

Point is, films today are SOLELY being made with the express intent of mass merchandising and it has compromised the artistic integrity that those original films once had. That is the reason why Luca$$ Prequels were nothing more than 2-hour toy commercials and paled in comparison to the original films.

dekadentdave said:
Point is, films today are SOLELY being made with the express intent of mass merchandising and it has compromised the artistic integrity that those original films once had. That is the reason why Luca$$ Prequels were nothing more than 2-hour toy commercials and paled in comparison to the original films.

Didn't Lucas request upfront, before the making of the original SW films, that he get a HUGE chunk of the revenue aquired from the products such as toys, clothing and the like generated by the movie. Does anybody else remember reading or hearing that? I could swear that was stated on one of the tv specials that aired recently.
If I'm remembering right then Lucas knew way back in '76/77 that the movie had a good chance of being a mass merchandising monster. Besides the fact that merchandising has been a big part of the entertainment industry since the days of The Lone Ranger and Howdy Doody.

dekadentdave said:
Therein lies the problem of Nolan's Batman. Batman doesn't have a batmobile in year one and he doesn't have an arsenal of James Bond gadgets. In the "real" Batman, he has to rely on his detective skills and street-smarts and instill a visage of fear into the criminal element. He doesn't wear a rubber Power Ranger suit and drive a tank and call up Q... er, Lucius Fox when he needs a new Bat-gadget.

wait wait wait.... how many times did nolan say this ISN'T year one?

That is correct. Luca$$ is a shrewd business man first and foremost, filmaker last. And it shows.

Because of $tar Whore$, it has become the blueprint for blockbuster films that is standardized now. That is why Batman gets a new Batmobile and suit in EVERY new movie now to sell more toys and action figures whether it is relevant to the plot or not. I laugh everytime they decide to blow up the batmobile because you know it's just an excuse to sell another new toy. That's why I think it would be radically novel to do a completely minimalist approach to a Batman film rather than selling more toys but unfortunately Hollywood is run by businessmen and Luca$$ wannabees rather than people with artistic vision and integrity. Capitalism spoils everything in this country.

Back