Who wants to have my Pred collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's not a factory default vehicle so it doesn't really apply. :monkey1 mmm bananas ;)

how so? its made from the Ford factory............btw-if your offering your whole collection for a Challenger, you might want to provide more pics of your whole collection ;)

Yep, Shelby's are now built at Ford factories and are warranted under Ford. I think its fair to include them. However, I think MT wanted cars of similar price point, the GT comes in at around 33K, the SS at 35K, and the RT at 37K. The SRT8 and the Shelby are pushing 45K-50K respectively. I could only imagine what Chevrolet would do to the Camaro with an extra 10K...I'm thinking supercharger adding another 100-150hp. Trim the fat a little bit, beef up the suspension, bigger brakes, and perhaps a beefier, better geared rear axle. Lets have it Chevy!

The Z28 says hello...
https://www.motortrend.com/auto_news/112_0909_chevrolet_camaro_z28_is_go/index.html

Well not really... Shelby is still a separate company from Ford. When Steve Carroll got back together with Ford in 2004, they simply made a new production agreement and operation. But Shelby is still considered a modified factory car.. Ford creates the car and Shelby does the mods, even if it's under the same roof. That's why you can't import them in to Canada any more... Shelby and Roush Mustangs are no nos here :(

Last I checked Shelby's home office is still in Vegas too... I haven't been following too much in recent years as I lost interest.

Yep, Shelby's are now built at Ford factories and are warranted under Ford.

They always were.. Shelby and Roush models always had full factory warranties (anything in this last decade that has been made anyhow). You bought them from a Ford dealer, so they have the same warranty.

EDIT - Check this out... this is a section of the RIV inspection form you have to do when importing a car from the US to Canada. It's basically an inspection making sure the car conforms to Canadian regulations, such as manadatory daytime running lights etc. Check out what this page says on the right side...

Last edited:
Probably not a bad deal considering cars are typically a bad investment compared to limited edition collectibles.

Probably not a bad deal considering cars are typically a bad investment compared to limited edition collectibles.

well i bet a mint condition shelby will be worth a hell of a lot more than a pile of polystone in 50 years :p. All this high end collecting stuff has kind of been a fad since SS came along, all fad's pretty much die down eventually, but there is always a demad for mint condition classic cars.

Well not really... Shelby is still a separate company from Ford. When Steve Carroll got back together with Ford in 2004, they simply made a new production agreement and operation. But Shelby is still considered a modified factory car.. Ford creates the car and Shelby does the mods, even if it's under the same roof. That's why you can't import them in to Canada any more... Shelby and Roush Mustangs are no nos here :(

Last I checked Shelby's home office is still in Vegas too... I haven't been following too much in recent years as I lost interest.

They always were.. Shelby and Roush models always had full factory warranties (anything in this last decade that has been made anyhow). You bought them from a Ford dealer, so they have the same warranty.

EDIT - Check this out... this is a section of the RIV inspection form you have to do when importing a car from the US to Canada. It's basically an inspection making sure the car conforms to Canadian regulations, such as manadatory daytime running lights etc. Check out what this page says on the right side...

looks like another reason not to live in Canada? :lol So theres not one Roush or Shelby in all of Canada?

Where do you guys drive cars like this in the US? Can you really enjoy that much HP on public streets - legally? I always thought there's a speed limit on all streets in the US.
Here in Europe, there's a small percentage of the German highway that has no speed limit, but I think it's probably safer to enjoy faster cars on race tracks anyway. But there's illegal racing going on over here too though, with all consequences that can be expected.
Anyway, all these modern US muscle cars are either not available here, or simply unaffordable. Sigh.

Where do you guys drive cars like this in the US? Can you really enjoy that much HP on public streets - legally? I always thought there's a speed limit on all streets in the US.
Here in Europe, there's a small percentage of the German highway that has no speed limit, but I think it's probably safer to enjoy faster cars on race tracks anyway. But there's illegal racing going on over here too though, with all consequences that can be expected.
Anyway, all these modern US muscle cars are either not available here, or simply unaffordable. Sigh.

its the take off when merging onto the freeway, thats the high point for me.......I have no interest in racing and getting my license suspended, or driving 100mph. Its all about the take off, how fast you can get it up to 70mph :naughty Theres plenty off long runways to get to the freeway, so you can just floor it until you get up to the freeway speed limit.

well i bet a mint condition shelby will be worth a hell of a lot more than a pile of polystone in 50 years :p. All this high end collecting stuff has kind of been a fad since SS came along, all fad's pretty much die down eventually, but there is always a demad for mint condition classic cars.

It's probably harder to keep a car mint than it is a few collectibles. There's also a bigger risk since most or all of your eggs are in one basket, rather than diversified in multiple collectibles.

I also disagree on this being a fad. While not as evolved as it is today, high end collecting has been around longer than Sideshow and cars for that matter.

looks like another reason not to live in Canada? :lol So theres not one Roush or Shelby in all of Canada?

If you know the right people you might be able to pull it off... My brother did :lol The problem comes when you have to get it inspected. If you have a guy that conforms to the form and reports that your ride has been roush or shelby modified, you're in trouble.

There's no limit to how fast you get to that speed limit ;)

If you want to ride fast and legal, there's plenty of tracks open to the public you can use for a fee.

I hear ya Dan! I've been thinking about selling most of my collection to swap an STi engine in my Impreza.

heres a few pics of both of my babies,
seaworld015.jpg

seaworld014.jpg

seaworld013.jpg

seaworld012-1.jpg

seaworld011.jpg

not a fan of yellow, but thats a sweet bike, waaaay too much speed for me. Did you get a glass roof on your stang? how much does that option run for?

yeah the roof is glass,it was like that when I bought it,but I have heard its $1100.00 upgrade.the list price was $35000.00 but I got $9000.00 off of it,but came with all kinds of cool add ons,heated seats,ambient lighting,dimming rear view mirror with directional l.e.d.,glass roof,cruise control,electric seats,shaker1000 steareo system and it rocks,hook up for ipod.crap I really dont know what all it has over the base g.t. but it has all kind of bells and whistles.all I know is I love it.

does the car come standard with the voice recognition thing, or is that an option too?.............i saw that the GPS things were like a 2,000 add on

Back