1/6 My first custom figure and customizing sideshow figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockH281

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi, i am new to customizing (i only started weeks ago) but all my life i always wanted to customize and buy 1/6 figures but it wasn't until 2003 when i noticed Jason (From part 3) was for sale by sideshow collectibles (i had missed out on freddy, leatherface, and the furnace, all retired items by the time i heard) after years of displaying my figures i put them away until this last june. Someone in my family didnt want a bookcase so i used it to put my figures on it. Also for my birthday in July i bought some items i always wanted (freddy furnace and myers which i regret). I also bought a custom H2 myers with 3 different masks.

Moving on i will show you my first ever custom. Please, keep in mind this is actually my first time ever, sculpting and really painting as well! I never did much art but i always wanted to and recently i have been working less often and finally did something i wanted to do. This figure is based on the H4 escape myers, i reviewed the film and took screen grabs of Michael Myers. I wanted to make it accurate but since this was my first figure i wanted to have a lot of fun and i did! from chest down you only get one glimpse of myers as he enters the repair shop. You only see, blurry in the background, his legs are wrapped as he passes the car that the mechanic is working on. The wraps appear to be dirty and bloody but i had some fun with the burns because we see so little of his legs in the film. I decided to make this custom because for one thing this was easier for me to make i didn't have to sculpt a head. Second this custom was only done by few, especially the hospital gown version.

Anyway, the first 5 pics are the rough version of my myers only 80% done, i still needed a hospital gown and needed to dirty him up more. Also i made his weapon (pry bar) which wasn't finished when the pics were taken. I will show more in another post.

One last thing for this post. I need to thank a great customizer by the name of joebizz34 who was very nice and helped point me in the right direction because imagine never painting or sculpting before and then one second deciding to do it? You are going to need a lot of stuff, most of the help i found on google was very advanced and he was a big help. So, Thanks alot!!!

Back