Who Says You Can't Play With Your PFs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like a pretty fragile piece, but if the arms and head are intact then they could be used for replacement parts. You should ask Jon when he contacts you if you could keep the base and then they just ship the new one without it. He inspects each replacement item before shipping, so he'll have to open the box anyway. I guess he'd have to switch the boxes to your original one as well.

Darklord Dave said:
He inspects each replacement item before shipping, so he'll have to open the box anyway. I guess he'd have to switch the boxes to your original one as well.
Ohh, I feel bad for him...

And I thought "Might is right" according to Merlin. :p

Tom, I've got (relatively) good news for you.

We anticipated breakage on Grievous. He's so big, so spindly, and so intricate. We chose not to make him more... bullet-proof... it would have forced us to simplify the casting (more fused parts, less detail). He would have become more of a statue, and less of a 1:4 reproduction. The charm of the design for Grievous is in all the negative space, the skeletal menace.

So, the good news is that we don't want you to pack him up. Why send back the entire figure, when we can just replace the damaged portion? Looks like you need new legs - and our CS team can help. The beauty of the product design is that Grievous is very modular, making replacing parts easy!

:chew

Sideshow Brant said:
Tom, I've got (relatively) good news for you.

We anticipated breakage on Grievous. He's so big, so spindly, and so intricate. We chose not to make him more... bullet-proof... it would have forced us to simplify the casting (more fused parts, less detail). He would have become more of a statue, and less of a 1:4 reproduction. The charm of the design for Grievous is in all the negative space, the skeletal menace.

So, the good news is that we don't want you to pack him up. Why send back the entire figure, when we can just replace the damaged portion? Looks like you need new legs - and our CS team can help. The beauty of the product design is that Grievous is very modular, making replacing parts easy!

:chew

bea.gif

"Did you ever know that you're my hero?"

That's not relatively good--it's the best news I've heard all day! I was not looking forward to packing him up. It would be great to get a leg replacement and I am so glad that you guys anticipated this. I was really torn about what to do and you have given me hope that this will be easier than I thought. (And I get to keep my edition number!!!) I really wanted it to be just perfect and now it will be. I already sent in a return request, but if they don't tell me what you just did then I will drop your name and we will get it sorted out. (I understand that your name carries with it a great amount of power and influence...)

I'm actually glad that Grievous is as complex as he is. A friend was in my office today admiring him and couldn't quite figure out exactly what he was looking at and how he was made. He's really one of Sideshow's greatest achievements. Thanks again for the good news!! I knew there was a reason that I loved Sideshow...

Simplest and best solution!!!

Tom, I'm really really glad that it worked out for you! And you get to keep that low edition number! God must be really looking out for you, buddy!:chew Not to mention some VIPs from SS!

Sideshow thinks of everything! Now all you have to wonder is if you would have gotten a smaller number if you had to send him back. :D

Batty said:
Sideshow thinks of everything! Now all you have to wonder is if you would have gotten a smaller number if you had to send him back. :D

Hush, Batty! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I am very, very happy with this solution!!! And the number I got was much lower than I expected in the first place--I wasn't hoping for a lower number, I just didn't really want a higher one. Brant has found a way for me to keep my original number, and to not have to pack up the entire thing--the two issues that I was concerned about. The fact that both of those issues were taken care of so quickly and simply is terrific. This is why I buy directly from Sideshow whenever possible! The hill people sing folk songs about their legendary customer service...

Great News Tom! Except that I was going to put in dibs for the cape!!! DENIED!!!! :lol

Last edited:
That rocks. We did say that sideshow takes care of its customers somewhere in this thread, didn't we?

And for the record, Merlin specified against Might IS Right and declared Might FOR Right. Semantics maybe but the difference is obvious. Sorry, I'm just a bit of a King Arthur nut. :D

Though I do like the ring of Rage is right.......:D :D :D

Back