Who Says You Can't Play With Your PFs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is who I thought of:
bill-gates.jpg

DekeStarkiller said:
All I can think of is LLCoolJ. Also, Tom return the damn thing, one break I can see sliding on, two now that's just foolish. Besides who cares about the number, you would only care about the number if you intend to sell it down the road. It's science.
llcoolj.jpg

yeah I bet he's got like 20 lightsabers under those bling. :lol

My god man! That is the exact piece that was broken off of my Grievous, his left hip!!!

I'm hoping for a replacement! :rolleyes:

I wonder how many of these have broken hips....customer service is taking a while to reply with this...

Well, I attempted to glue the second piece back on but wasn't as happy with the results the second time. There was a bigger chunk of paint missing and it didn't fit perfectly into place like the other one did. I am going to go ahead and request a return. :sick

I'm not sure what's worse--having to return him to his packaging, or having to unpack the new one when it gets here!!! :D I'm glad that I got it directly from Sideshow so that the return process will be smooth sailing. I guess it's worth it to get a totally perfect piece. Sorry if this removes one from the pool available to the wait listers--I really struggled with the decision!! Good luck to you all!!

(Hey Dusty--Is there an option of getting your original number back, or is that totally out of the question? I am hoping that I won't have to give it up in favor of #1478. Wishful thinking, I know... :eek: )

Maybe they'll give you the "destruction" option like PsychoCenobite had with his defective Vader. You'll get a new Grievous if you send photo proof that you destroyed your old one. This way you don't have to send it back and won't have to worry about getting a higher number. You can always ask.

Batty said:
Maybe they'll give you the "destruction" option like PsychoCenobite had with his defective Vader. You'll get a new Grievous if you send photo proof that you destroyed your old one. This way you don't have to send it back and won't have to worry about getting a higher number. You can always ask.

Does Sideshow do this in the US? I thought it was only overseas to avoid the shipping return costs.

Batty said:

How the heck would I ever destroy this thing?!? It's practically indestructible!!! :google

So you keep the original base, or what? :confused:

I guess it's a gamble--maybe I will get a lower number, maybe a higher one. I'm sure that they would get about one item shipped out a day if they spent all their time worrying about what numbers they were shipping! :D

I guess that if I am sending it back due to a break, it's not going to be resold, so maybe it's not that important that I remember exactly how every single twist tie was originally placed in the package. :google

But I'll do my best, since maybe this one will now be salvaged for replacement parts and pieces for others.

tomandshell said:
How the heck would I ever destroy this thing?!? It's practically indestructible!!! :google

So you keep the original base, or what? :confused:

I guess it's a gamble--maybe I will get a lower number, maybe a higher one. I'm sure that they would get about one item shipped out a day if they spent all their time worrying about what numbers they were shipping! :D

Guess you'll have to ask CS, but I doubt you can return an item with one Edition # and ask for a returned item with that number UNLESS SSC repairs/replaces damaged piece for you and return ships it.

pjam said:
Guess you'll have to ask CS, but I doubt you can return an item with one Edition # and ask for a returned item with that number UNLESS SSC repairs/replaces damaged piece for you and return ships it.

It will also depend on whether or not they have replacements on hand. Sorry, not trying to scare you Tom, I hope there is another in the warehouse with your name on it waiting for you, I truly do. With the Exclusive Sentinel replacement I am waiting on, I was told I will get the same number since they had to order more from the factory. These will arive at sideshow un-numbered. I think we can assume that there are extra un-numbered pieces available for just this reason. Or maybe the Gods will shine on you and you will end up with an AP if you are into that sort of thing. Either way, I am sure you'll get taken care of, and I mean that in a good way! They say good things come to those who wait. Good luck on a speedy resolution. :D

Darth Rage said:
It will also depend on whether or not they have replacements on hand. Sorry, not trying to scare you Tom, I hope there is another in the warehouse with your name on it waiting for you, I truly do. With the Exclusive Sentinel replacement I am waiting on, I was told I will get the same number since they had to order more from the factory. These will arive at sideshow un-numbered. I think we can assume that there are extra un-numbered pieces available for just this reason. Or maybe the Gods will shine on you and you will end up with an AP if you are into that sort of thing. Either way, I am sure you'll get taken care of, and I mean that in a good way! They say good things come to those who wait. Good luck on a speedy resolution. :D

I'm pretty sure that APs are held for VIPs and special deals like the Flash Fiction prizes--they don't toss them out to customer service for replacements, so that thought didn't cross my mind.

I guess the only way to get the same number would be if they had extra blank ones held back, which is probably unlikely. I had to decide if the edition number was more important than getting one that wasn't broken, and after the first break it was--but after the second one, it wasn't. I really just want to have the replacement back quickly, so even if I had the choice to wait longer for the same number I'm not sure I would choose it. I have had very good experiences with Sideshow's customer service, but I have never been concerned about a specific edition number before. We'll see...

tomandshell said:
I'm pretty sure that APs are held for VIPs and special deals like the Flash Fiction prizes--they don't toss them out to customer service for replacements, so that thought didn't cross my mind.

I guess the only way to get the same number would be if they had extra blank ones held back, which is probably unlikely. I had to decide if the edition number was more important than getting one that wasn't broken, and after the first break it was--but after the second one, it wasn't. I really just want to have the replacement back quickly, so even if I had the choice to wait longer for the same number I'm not sure I would choose it. I have had very good experiences with Sideshow's customer service, but I have never been concerned about a specific edition number before. We'll see...

Let us know what CS says Tom.

I received an un-numbered Pippin, and based on what I have read, Rage is right. *Heh, rage is right ... that has a nice ring to it!* :lol :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Back