Who do you believe is the "best" Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you believe is the 'best' Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Live action? Bale. Definitely. It wasn't just his doing though. The writers nailed the character for me. Keaton did ok with what he was given. He has a cool Batman voice but he was a weirdo Bruce in my eyes. Kilmer was a good Bruce and an ok Batman. Clooney sucked. Bale is a good Batman (if you can get over the voice; I actually like it) and a great Bruce Wayne. He shows the duality of the character best. He's himself with Alfred and Rachel, he's a bumbling doofus playboy in public, and he's a menacing terror as Batman.

But I voted Conroy! There are the Burton lovers and Nolan lovers who seem to have to choose sides and put one down and find no fault in the other. If I had to put myself in a camp, I'd put myself on the Nolan side of things. I can kinda sorta enjoy Burton/Schumacher's for nostalgic reasons and for what they are. But who doesn't enjoy B:TAS at the end of the day?

Live action? This guy gave his all for the role.:rotfl:rotfl

BATMAN-teaser_ad-SM.jpg

gotta go with Christian Bale.

(even though he did get carried away with the rough voice in TDK)

Live action? Bale. Definitely. It wasn't just his doing though. The writers nailed the character for me. Keaton did ok with what he was given. He has a cool Batman voice but he was a weirdo Bruce in my eyes. Kilmer was a good Bruce and an ok Batman. Clooney sucked. Bale is a good Batman (if you can get over the voice; I actually like it) and a great Bruce Wayne. He shows the duality of the character best. He's himself with Alfred and Rachel, he's a bumbling doofus playboy in public, and he's a menacing terror as Batman.

But I voted Conroy! There are the Burton lovers and Nolan lovers who seem to have to choose sides and put one down and find no fault in the other. If I had to put myself in a camp, I'd put myself on the Nolan side of things. I can kinda sorta enjoy Burton/Schumacher's for nostalgic reasons and for what they are. But who doesn't enjoy B:TAS at the end of the day?

I agree with the part about kind of liking Bale's Bat-voice. I site the scene on Youtube where West talks to the police as both Wayne and Batman, but doesn't change his voice. ([ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgCkmUS1IYI[/ame])

I'm not saying it would happen overnight, but eventually someone would realize Bruce Wayne was Batman if he just talked in his normal voice. What if a coworker or lady friend needed to be saved? Bruce Wayne is a popular figure in Gotham. Someone would eventually hear him as Batman, and begin to think, "Where do I know that voice from?"

Sure it's more over the top than the quiet Keaton, but I don't mind it.

If Bale used a different voice and was slightly more menacing, I'd say him. Everyone has their strengths though. Keaton was a good, sort of crazy Bruce Wayne and menacing Batman, Kilmer had the best balance between Wayne and Bats, Clooney was a good older Wayne, but terrible Bats, Bale has the best "Wayne is really the persona," feel. So I'm voting Conroy. Because he is Batman and Bruce Wayne, the same way that Mark Hamill is the Joker.

Michael Keaton was by far the best Batman.

He was completely Natural at it. He portrayed Batman as the boogeyman. Burton and Keaton brought that Dark Side to Batman. Keaton broke the barriers, catapulted the comic book industry and set the par for Batman to the general public.

I was a kid when I saw the 89 Batman Movie and every other person at the mall was wearing the Batman Goods.

Kevin Conroy needs no explanation. How can you not like him?

As for Bale, he was the worst of all the choices here. He couldn't pull it off. I can't understand why anybody would vote for him. I can only imagine that you're too young to remember or not really getting the bigger picture. Bale made it because of Nolan's Vision and a great supporting cast. Bale's Batman looks like he was 'trying to hard' and his voice was horrendous.

Michael Keaton was by far the best Batman.

He was completely Natural at it. He portrayed Batman as the boogeyman. Burton and Keaton brought that Dark Side to Batman. Keaton broke the barriers, catapulted the comic book industry and set the par for Batman to the general public.

I was a kid when I saw the 89 Batman Movie and every other person at the mall was wearing the Batman Goods.

Kevin Conroy needs no explanation. How can you not like him?

As for Bale, he was the worst of all the choices here. He couldn't pull it off. I can't understand why anybody would vote for him. I can only imagine that you're too young to remember or not really getting the bigger picture. Bale made it because of Nolan's Vision and a great supporting cast. Bale's Batman looks like he was 'trying to hard' and his voice was horrendous.

Are you kidding? Bale is winning nearly 2 to 1!:cuckoo:

Like I said, Burton's Batman movies are not that good to me, not bad, but kind of corny

Keaton is a diminutive batman and a crazy Bruce Wayne. The Batmoble has a shield that seems to just come from out of nowhere! Where does is come from!?!? And the batwing's targeting system doesn't work! How could he miss the Joker?

:nana::rotfl

Bale's Batman is the best (from a realistic point of view) IMHO.

Are you kidding? Bale is winning nearly 2 to 1!:cuckoo:

Like I said, Burton's Batman movies are not that good to me, not bad, but kind of corny

Keaton is a diminutive batman and a crazy Bruce Wayne. The Batmoble has a shield that seems to just come from out of nowhere! Where does is come from!?!? And the batwing's targeting system doesn't work! How could he miss the Joker?

:nana::rotfl

Bale's Batman is the best (from a realistic point of view) IMHO.

It goes against physics !!! :rotfl

The be fair, the "magic" cellphone on the Dark Knight, the cellphone provided by Fox is also not believable.. come on a little cellphone turning off all the electricity on an entire building.. :slap .. using only sound waves?? I am not sure what was the idea.. but I am 100% sure that is not possible on real life.

I'm pretty sure driving a tank across tiled rooftops wouldn't end well in real life either. :lol

It goes against physics !!! :rotfl

The be fair, the "magic" cellphone on the Dark Knight, the cellphone provided by Fox is also not believable.. come on a little cellphone turning off all the electricity on an entire building.. :slap .. using only sound waves?? I am not sure what was the idea.. but I am 100% sure that is not possible on real life.

I believe the cell-phone deposited at the security office and the one Fox took to the roof were two different ones. The one on the roof used SONAR for imaging the building schematic. While the one deposited at security was an EMP emitter. Using an EMP strike you actually CAN hamper the electricty supply as well as any electronic communications in the wave radius... So I dont think that was any 'sound wave'

In the whole debate about realism anyone can always say that believing a man dressing up like a bat and beating heavily armed criminals to pulp with his bare hands is too much to handle...

I believe the cell-phone deposited at the security office and the one Fox took to the roof were two different ones. The one on the roof used SONAR for imaging the building schematic. While the one deposited at security was an EMP emitter. Using an EMP strike you actually CAN hamper the electricty supply as well as any electronic communications in the wave radius... So I dont think that was any 'sound wave'

In the whole debate about realism anyone can always say that believing a man dressing up like a bat and beating heavily armed criminals to pulp with his bare hands is too much to handle...

Agree... :goodpost:

A little cellphone with a 5W battery, can't send an em pulse to turn off electricity on a huge building :rotfl .. no chance

The best Batman is Bale, hands down.

Val Kilmer is the second best in movie form.

Kevin Conroy was fantastic in animated form early in his career, I feel his Batman voice changed for the worse when the animation style changed in The New Batman Adventures.

Back