Who do you believe is the "best" Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you believe is the 'best' Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta go with keaton GREAT ACTOR and just more believeable a little crazy and darker then bale and didnt have to rasp his voice when in batmode just all around BATTY !!!

But in the end Kevin Conroy was just a voice actor, you can't put actors against VO's that's just stupid.
Kenvin Conroy made Batman a believable and awesome character through the voice but if I have to choose....

Its going to be Bale hands down just because he actually has to ACT, all he has to do is drop the throat cancer act and he's the best batman put to live action ever.

EDIT: also thought this would be relevent to post here: https://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1213389p1.html

"The Bale-Nolan Batman Era is Over"

A little cellphone with a 5W battery, can't send an em pulse to turn off electricity on a huge building :rotfl .. no chance

Who said it was a cell phone? Could have been an EMP emitter disguised as one. All you need is to have it encased in the shell of a cell phone... but again my point is they atleast tried a 'realistic' science behind something. It wasnt magic realism like Burton nor nonsense jargon like CSI, no point discrediting the realistic attempt

What was unrealistic or magical about the Keaton gadgets? Or am I misunderstanding this for wanting explanations for how they work?

There were a few things that were a little iffy in Batman Returns like the pop out cape and the little turn table on the Batmobile but other than that it didn't seem very fantastical to me.

I love the grapple gun that Batman has, I actually prefer it to the large, cumbersome Bale gun. Two piece, actually detaches and works off the belt, snap it together, fire grapple. They didn't even need to explain it, this little line is all you need to "buy" that this thing could be real.

"How much do you weight"

"A little over 108 I think."

They don't explain or dumb down that "hey, Batman had to let go and fall because the cable didn't support the both of them" but it's all there.

So glad this was a thread-bump and not a new thread. Otherwise someone would have warranted an instant banning.

edit- just realised that could come across as an attack on the poster above. Not intended as such.

Last edited:
Keaton hands down.
Bale is good but his voice is sometimes over the top, talks a little too much to my taste and I don't like the fact that he denies that he's completely insane.
On the other hand, Keaton had something very special in his eyes (you could see he was broken beyond repair just by looking at them), was as stoic as can be (you dont f.... with that guy!!!), had a ghostly voice and didn't talk when uneccesary.
I hope HT will do him justice once more with the Batman Returns line.

Last edited:
Keaton hands down.
Bale is good but his voice is sometimes over the top, talks a little too much to my taste and I don't like the fact that he denies the fact that he's completely insane.
On the other hand, Keaton had something very special in his eyes (you could see he was broken beyond repair just by looking at them), was as stoic as can be (you dont f.... with that guy!!!), had a ghostly voice and didn't talk when uneccesary.
I hope HT will do him justice once more with the Batman Returns line.
:exactly:

Well said dude. :clap

The way they look, Richard Moll could've acted as Batman, with Conroy's voice over. : p Conroy would have looked perfect as Superman!

IMG_2728.jpg

keaton hands down. bale is just the flavor of the month. when the smoke clears. keaton is clearly superior in just about every way, to from the mannerisms to the suit to the car.

Bale may be the toughest of the Bats. But imo - he really has no personality. Keaton is the best.

I just watched the end of The Dark Knight for the first time in a while and while it was still obviously a sweet movie Bale's growling Bat-voice was almost comical.

keaton hands down. bale is just the flavor of the month. when the smoke clears. keaton is clearly superior in just about every way, to from the mannerisms to the suit to the car.

Honestly, regardless of your opinion of which suit or car is superior or inferior, you can't count that as a factor in who is the best Batman, since none of the actors had anything to do with the design of the props. Now if the poll was about which films had the best production design, these things would be relevant to discuss.

Conroy: Best Batman voice, but you have to factor in the whole performance. He's kinda disqualified. But as part of the team who put together the Arkham games thus the best representation to date, then yes.

Bale: Has them all beat in physicality, worst voice, solid Wayne.

Keaton: Best overall design, solid voice, worst Wayne (let's get nuts?).

If it were a sprint, Keaton would win handily based off of the first film. The second one was more quirky than dark and brooding. If it were long distance, Bale might win out if TDKR isn't a total embarrassment. Maybe he's got some bat-lozenges in his utility belt this time? Hopefully it's good!

Back