Do you want Kojima to make more MGS games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Kojima to make more MGS games?

• Total voters
You know what... I'm going to give Kojima the benefit of a doubt on this. The series is a mess, when you look at storylines of all of the games. But, he's trying something new with Peace Walker, GZ, and TPP. These three games will most likely have a canon of their own, separate from the main series, so I'm going to see how everything turns out.

I just hope that we'll see an eventual return of Solid Snake after Kojima has finished what he has planned with Big Boss.

:clap Well said.

You know what... I'm going to give Kojima the benefit of a doubt on this. The series is a mess, when you look at storylines of all of the games. But, he's trying something new with Peace Walker, GZ, and TPP. These three games will most likely have a canon of their own, separate from the main series, so I'm going to see how everything turns out.

I just hope that we'll see an eventual return of Solid Snake after Kojima has finished what he has planned with Big Boss.

We can only take him for his word about returning to Solid Snake in the future since he stated not long ago that he's not done with Snake.

There's going to be a game where he's going to merge the two characters together, snake and big boss, I'm talking about and I think one of these two new games will be one of them. I can't wait to see how solid Snake comes about. Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

There's going to be a game where he's going to merge the two characters together, snake and big boss, I'm talking about and I think one of these two new games will be one of them. I can't wait to see how solid Snake comes about. Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

Hayter already mentioned having a game built like Godfather II.

I don't think it would work. If you're going to put Snake back in the game, don't ****ing include Big Boss again.

It's just weird how we're left with this rather peculiar 'Peace Walker' story arc, with Big Boss as the main character - who ironically, ends up fighting Metal Gears just like Snake.

I'll be patient, but Kojima really needs to hurry things along and return the series back to its roots with Snake. MGS was never about Big Boss, until Solid Snake was prematurely killed off in MGS 4. Since then, it seems as if Kojima has been fresh out of ideas; retconing things left and right, turning Big Boss into a character clone of Solid Snake (which also alludes to my previous point how he needs to move onto another project and give MGS a much needed rest).

Last edited:
By the way, do any of you guys remember this news from 2007? It's really sad how things turned out.

psm3zoe32fq1.jpg

Maybe it would be better to just either reboot the franchise or just leave it while it's still a legendary series

As of now i only care about Solids story, no love for BB anymore and i doubt they are going to produce another good Solid game so they should just do TPP/GZ and call it a day on this timeline.

If TPP/GZ turns out playable (i am 100% sure they can never reproduce another game to the standard of the first 3) then i'd have a bit of faith in them making another Solid game, but i'm too worried that they would end up turning my opinion on Solid Like they did with BB and i can do without the whole aura of the franchise and my childhood hero being ruined for me.

If TPP/GZ is ok. I'd probably be happy with rebooting the franchise for the next generation of gamers. New character with a different codename and whatever, following in the footsteps of the later games in terms of gameplay etc. They just need to stop with this story and these characters and we as gamers need to accept that we arent in the 90's anymore and we aren't going to get a game to the same standard as back then

I'd be quite happy to leave the games behind and be an 'old school' fan. I'll never dislike the first free - no matter where they take it. I just won't purchase as much or follow the new age MGS

It's like letting go of a long term relationship

Figured I'd bump this old thread. For those of you who don't already know, it appears that Kojima will be leaving Konami after MGS V. I always wanted him to take a break from MGS and develop some IPs (and even continue work on ZOE). But, nothing like this man! :panic:

From GameSpot:

A fallout between Kojima Productions and its publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio given restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone calls, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have convinced the publisher to make drastic changes, including amending the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The extraordinary measures were revealed by a source within Konami, speaking to GameSpot on the condition of anonymity. The person explained that, once the Phantom Pain project is finished, in all likelihood the management at the studio will disband.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

Kojima, now 51, joined Konami in 1986. His departure from the company will bring an end to nearly three decades of service.

In other developments, Konami has begun erasing the Kojima Productions logo from all official Metal Gear art, and it has demoted Kojima off its executive team. Meanwhile, Kojima Productions’ branding has also been removed from Twitter, the official Metal Gear website, and even the LA office listing.

Representatives for Konami would not discuss specifics of the matter when contacted by GameSpot. The corporation has offered a statement, however.

It reads: "Konami Digital Entertainment, including Mr. Kojima, will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements."

The corporation's central public relations team, based in Tokyo, is unavailable at the time of going to press, due to it being past midnight local time.

Metal Gear Solid 5, Kojima’s latest iteration in the famed series, ships in September on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.

An expanded statement from Konami follows: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements."
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]

Kojima Expected to Leave Konami After MGS5, Inside Source Confirms - GameSpot

Sounds Like Hideo Kojima Really Is Leaving Konami

I really don't care. :lol
For me this series ended with MGS4.
MGRR was a nice surprise but not something I'd praise since it wasn't anything special as a part of the series.

Back