Do you want Kojima to make more MGS games?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want Kojima to make more MGS games?

• Total voters

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
To the dismay of ZOE fans everywhere, it was reported a few days ago that the much anticipated sequel (or prequel) to Zone of the Enders has been canceled. Kojima did not provide a specific reason for this, except that he's "re-evaluating the series" and would like to know if fans would still like another ZOE game.

I, along with most others, believe that the most obvious reason for why ZOE was "axed", is because KojiPro has been dedicating most of their resources toward the next two MGS games: The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes. With that said, they did a pretty rushed job on the ZOE HD Collection, and it's evidenced where the PS3 version fails to achieve a consistent 30 fps and slowdowns are rampant (the 360 version of the ZOE HD fared a bit better in performance). KojiPro is planning to release a much needed patch for the PS3 version of the ZOE HD Collection. Not that it mitigates, in any way, the disappointment of the new ZOE game being canceled.

Now for the big question of this thread: Would you like for Kojima to continue making more Metal Gear Solid games? I've created several poll choices that I think are relevant - so feel free to vote and discuss.

It goes without saying, that as long as Kojima stays with Metal Gear Solid, he wouldn't have the time (or available resources) to make anything else, besides Metal Gear Solid.

https://www.gamespot.com/news/kojima-axes-zone-of-the-enders-sequel-6407899

The fact that he is letting such a great series like ZOE die to just continue churning out this Big Boss nonsense is ridiculous. He wanted out of MGS after MGS2 and then MGS3, so at this point it's safe to assume he's chained to it until he dies. I personally think if were continuing this series, we need something new or revitalize the MSX games and or MGS1. But seeing how were stuck in games from the past, I'd prefer the franchise without Kojima since he hasn't had a new idea since MGS3.

Removing David Hayter because of cost or even creative reasons ripped the heart and soul out of the franchise. I can't even relate to Big Boss with Snake's voice, but to go ahead and change it 3 games into prequels? The Japanese really could care less about the English speaking gaming market.

The future doesn't look bright at all.

I'd like to see a MGS1/2 interquel..

No, I demand it! :impatient:

"They sabotaged and destroyed countless of Metal Gears throughout the world." :drool

Kojima: That's cool and all, but how bout 100 hours of fighting A.I robots on the PSP instead?

:slap

I'd like to see a MGS1/2 interquel..

No, I demand it! :impatient:

"They sabotaged and destroyed countless of Metal Gears throughout the world." :drool

Kojima: That's cool and all, but how bout 100 hours of fighting A.I robots on the PSP instead?

:slap

I'd find that more interesting and it could last two years in terms of story. Having multiple legitimate Metal Gears to fight with Snake would be awesome. Seeing him grow into MGS2 would be amazing.

It's hard to vote on this subject since I feel the series is doomed either way. I guess he should stay on to produce, but it should be executed by someone else in Koji Pro or a completely different company.

Wish I could vote two things. He definitely needs to move away from MGS and do ZOE3 and create a new franchise.

I've grown pessimistic about the series, myself. I think Kojima has a lot of new ideas, but none that are fitting for MGS. It's gotten to the point where he's stuck with this series as the only avenue to explore his creativity, and perhaps inadvertently on his part, it's actually hurting MGS in the long run (as evidenced by all of the retcons in MGS 4 and Peace Walker). And now they're even talking about redoing the storyline for MGS 1... which is just blasphemous.

The cancellation of ZOE is just so unfortunate - I can't even begin to describe my disappointment. Konami needs to give Kojima a break, so that he can give MGS a break.

Yeah you're right about that, seems like his mind is caged into MGS and it's showing with the last few games. The series seems very constipated in what it's become. The last MGS I truly enjoyed was definitely MGS3... after that it's pretty meh.

Yeah you're right about that, seems like his mind is caged into MGS and it's showing with the last few games. The series seems very constipated in what it's become. The last MGS I truly enjoyed was definitely MGS3... after that it's pretty meh.

Same here, man. The ending of MGS 4 just ruined the series in every way. Solid Snake was nothing more than a poor, ill-fated bastard being used by the Patriots his entire life, and Big Boss and Ocelot were actually the good guys the entire time.

I bet that Kojima's going to find a way to incorporate the unused plot lines from ZOE 3 into MGS. He might as well have Jehuty show up as the new Metal Gear mech..

Same here, man. The ending of MGS 4 just ruined the series in every way. Solid Snake was nothing more than a poor, ill-fated bastard being used by the Patriots his entire life, and Big Boss and Ocelot were actually the good guys the entire time.

I bet that Kojima's going to find a way to incorporate the unused plot lines from ZOE 3 into MGS. He might as well have Jehuty show up as the new Metal Gear mech..

azzholekojima.gif

Solidus should of run it and gave him the Stone Cold Stunner for what he did to him in MGS4 :mad:

Last edited:
Solidus should of run it and gave him the Stone Cold Stunner for what he did to him in MGS4 :mad:

Solidus really didn't deserve what happened to him. I wonder how he was still "alive" in MGS 4, even though he fell to his death in MGS 2. So many plot holes in that game to wrap my head around.

Solidus really didn't deserve what happened to him. I wonder how he was still "alive" in MGS 4, even though he fell to his death in MGS 2. So many plot holes in that game to wrap my head around.

Having just finished MGS2 last night, it was never really shown that he died, only implied. He did have that awesome suit on, afterall.

Back