Who do you believe is the "best" Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you believe is the 'best' Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can agree that Kevin Conroy's VOICE is Batman, no doubt.
But why compare him to live action actors?

In that sense, you can say that Conroy is the actor for animated Batman. Why put him in the poll, you ask? He's had as much of an impact on Batman in media, just as the live action actors. So, to me, a poll like this just wouldn't be complete without including Conroy.

Keaton is my fave Batman, his in-suit Batman, and his at home in private brooding Bruce Wayne were pretty much perfect. His public Wayne persona, not quite as good, though it was better in Returns (such as his scenes at Schreck's office).

Conroy voices both roles very well, better than any other voice actor that has had the role by a mile, but because of the medium he is working in, and the percieved audience he is working to, he doesn't quite have enough of Batman's scary edginess for my tastes, though he still does the gruff Batman thing really well regardless.

Adam West is just fun, like the show itself. Pretty much perfect for the show in question, but would never make a good Batman or Bruce Wayne in more serious conditions.

I actually like Bale's spoilt, slightly assholish Bruce Wayne more than I do his Batman, or at least I find it more effective anyhow. I just think he does a great job of selling that persona, though I'm not sure that they need to make the public Bruce Wayne persona so obnoxious such a 'rich brat' all of the time. His Batman is fine overall, but I think Keaton did a much more convincing Batman voice and persona, and I think Nolan over-processes the Batman voice too much on top of Bale's own growliness, which doesn't help either. In fact for me it actually makes him less threatening in an odd kind of a way. I still like Bale Bats, he's just not my favourite.

Kilmer was a pretty spot on Bruce Wayne, but personally I hated his Batman, it was just too light and jokey, and had no edge at all to it. You could make the argument that is the fault of the film in question though.

Clooney never had a chance from day one.

My views anyway.

Last edited:
In that sense, you can say that Conroy is the actor for animated Batman. Why put him in the poll, you ask? He's had as much of an impact on Batman in media, just as the live action actors. So, to me, a poll like this just wouldn't be complete without including Conroy.

Hold on, there is a major difference in portraying someone in a voice cast whereas physically portraying him. Also the other guys mentioned dubbed the voice as well as physically acted as Batman. No doubt Conroy's impact on Batman is huge because of the success of the animated series which was well written and animated. But still he has an advantage over other guys because he only had to do the voice over... its like putting a poll where you ask whose a better sportsman and you have like 5 top guys from one sport and one major legend from another one. They all qualify as sportsman but somewhere the playing field really isnt level. Conroy never had to take in the scrutiny or the nit picking these guys had to face every time they had to wear the Batsuit...

If its a contest between animated batman vs the other incarnations I will choose Animated Series Batman over all else... easily
I just wish someone would do an updted version of the Kenner figures, its longtime overdue.

Hold on, there is a major difference in portraying someone in a voice cast whereas physically portraying him. Also the other guys mentioned dubbed the voice as well as physically acted as Batman. No doubt Conroy's impact on Batman is huge because of the success of the animated series which was well written and animated. But still he has an advantage over other guys because he only had to do the voice over... its like putting a poll where you ask whose a better sportsman and you have like 5 top guys from one sport and one major legend from another one. They all qualify as sportsman but somewhere the playing field really isnt level. Conroy never had to take in the scrutiny or the nit picking these guys had to face every time they had to wear the Batsuit...

If its a contest between animated batman vs the other incarnations I will choose Animated Series Batman over all else... easily
I just wish someone would do an updted version of the Kenner figures, its longtime overdue.

I think you're blowing this a bit out of proportion. I do agree with you that "somewhere the playing field really isn't level" - just look at who has the most votes in the poll! It certainly isn't Conroy (unfortunately :gah:).

I think you're blowing this a bit out of proportion. I do agree with you that "somewhere the playing field really isn't level" - just look at who has the most votes in the poll! It certainly isn't Conroy (unfortunately :gah:).

Honestly like I said I prefer Animated Bats to all else, but I voted in terms of which live action rendition I liked most as I felt it was unfair on the other guys who had to dress up and act as the Bat too besides dubbing for the character.

however looking at the topic I noticed that the word 'best' is in double quotes so Ill just drop the issue :wink1:

The Kenner figures and vehicles don't need no stinkin updates! They're better than the new Mattel crap.

:lecture

I never did like the Mattel ones, honestly didnt like the later/last season of Batman The Animated Series (the one where they got Nightwing and Tim Drake as Robin) or the so called DCAU appearances like JLU/JL since its animation style went more simplistic like the Superman animated series. Just wanted to say that these animated series figures deserve an updated more screen accurate sculpt in the league of DC Direct.

I never did like the Mattel ones, honestly didnt like the later/last season of Batman The Animated Series (the one where they got Nightwing and Tim Drake as Robin) or the so called DCAU appearances like JLU/JL since its animation style went more simplistic like the Superman animated series. Just wanted to say that these animated series figures deserve an updated more screen accurate sculpt in the league of DC Direct.

Oh you mean like 7" figures? Can't argue with that, I'd buy the hell out of them. I thought you meant like modern remakes of the 5" Kenner figures with Mattel at the helm. The Kenner figures, specifically the '92-'94 run are timeless.

The quality of Batman figures declined when Hasbro conglomerated Kenner and Tonka. The last decent figures were 1997 TNBA figures (Detective Batman, Nightwing, Drake Robin, Joker etc.).

I would never have predicted it and was skeptical at first, but Keaton did a great job as Batman. The first movie was just over the top and I loved it.

The animated series is way cool also. I love the animation style and feel.

Just watched some of the old Batman on cable last night. Batgirl stole the show if you ask me. That purple bat-suit on Barbara Gordon rocks.

Bale went way overboard with the raspy whisper voice. I hate when they whisper. Argh!

"Never rub another man's rhubarb". Classic....

For me Keaton is the best Batman and Bale is the best Bruce Wayne.

I just can't stand Bale's hoarse voice when he's Batman.

Keaton is my favorite, I think its a mixture of his acting with the whole Tim Burton environment, classic!

lol at those that are adamant that their actor is the best version.

Besides, we all know the best Batman was Nicolas Cage as Big Daddy.

kickass-big-daddy-cage.jpg

Revenge!!!!

Cage rocked as Big daddy, his warehouse scene was like a live-action Batman Freeflow Combo :hi5:

Cage rocked as Big daddy, his warehouse scene was like a live-action Batman Freeflow Combo :hi5:

That scene was awesome... but I can't stand how he was trying so hard to be Adam West, it annoyed the hell outta me. :lol

This was a really hard choice to make, had to go with Keaton.

The best Batman is Gregory Peck. That's who David Mazzucchelli used as his model for Bruce Wayne/Batman in "Year One."

Back