Who do you believe is the "best" Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you believe is the 'best' Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I seen a 10 minute interview of him at a con, just a group of fans just chatting with him. What I like about him is that his regular voice is his Bruce Wayne voice lol.

Keaton's acting is what I enjoy most about '89, but I prefer the intensity Bale brings to the character.

I think Bale is a great Batman.

The thing that gets to me a bit with the Nolan films is that people claim how realistic they are, but people tend to do a lot of things that seem really unrealistic in those films, in my opinion. The whole thing with Batman taking the blame for Dent's crimes and the Joker's motivation behind the scene with the prisoners on the boat were a little strange to me. An example would be if Barack Obama was a serial killer. I wouldn't lose hope in humanity and give up. I'd think Barack Obama is a crazy serial killer. My personal beliefs and choices aren't dictated by the actions of political figures and I wouldn't think everyone in Gotham would just give up if they found out that Dent went crazy either.

I'd also like to say that this is with all due respect to the Nolan films. I enjoy them thoroughly, but it's just my personal feeling about it. I know there are a lot of rabid Nolan fans here, so I don't mean to offend.

Yeah, Nolan fanboys cut your throat without hesitation. They think the Burton films are crap, but c'mon their from 89. If Burton stopped making the crap he is and returned to the franchise, I'm sure he would give us a dirtier grittier Batman/Gotham.

I enjoy both sets of films but I can't shake Keaton as the top live action Batman. Could these same people put a succeeding Superman over Christopher Reeve, no matter how good?

Not a fan of rabies either.

Boba Ben said:
The thing that gets to me a bit with the Nolan films is that people claim how realistic they are, but people tend to do a lot of things that seem really unrealistic in those films, in my opinion. The whole thing with Batman taking the blame for Dent's crimes and the Joker's motivation behind the scene with the prisoners on the boat were a little strange to me. An example would be if Barack Obama was a serial killer. I wouldn't lose hope in humanity and give up. I'd think Barack Obama is a crazy serial killer. My personal beliefs and choices aren't dictated by the actions of political figures and I wouldn't think everyone in Gotham would just give up if they found out that Dent went crazy either.

The Joker's motivation was to convince them that anyone could become a killer if they were pushed. Dent was pushed, and he was supposed to be unpushable (which made him special for a Gotham DA). Batman taking the blame negates that.

The Joker's motivation was to convince them that anyone could become a killer if they were pushed. Dent was pushed, and he was supposed to be unpushable (which made him special for a Gotham DA).

If you remember the scene where pre-crispy Dent was interrogating that guy, I think Dent wanted to be pushed. He wasn't the "White Knight" of Gotham, more of a Gray Knight.

People always complain about Bale's Batman voice, but it has been mentioned in the comics several times over the years that the 'voice' is one of the things Batman does. I personally like it but hey to each his own.

If it was just used sparingly. Like dude you don't need to sound so husky all the time. Like when he was beating the ____ out of Joker in the interrogation room? That's fine, its appropriate.

Another thing too I didn't like about it... it bled over into horrible Terminator Salvation...

Not a fan of rabies either.

The Joker's motivation was to convince them that anyone could become a killer if they were pushed. Dent was pushed, and he was supposed to be unpushable (which made him special for a Gotham DA). Batman taking the blame negates that.

The idea of what he wanted to do made sense to me, but I didn't get what it would really accomplish or change if he proved that point in those circumstances.

Joker, in my opinion, kills for the joy of it, not to prove a point to the masses, but it's all a matter of preference really. It doesn't really take away from my enjoyment of the movie. Sometimes I just think to myself that it seems a little silly while I'm watching, but that's where it ends.

The Batman voice doesn't bother me.

Nothing could save Terminator Salvation.

Even without that, it was bad. But with it... it's like the Titanic is sinking... and it's raining dog ____ on the passengers as they cling to the ship. Insult to injury.

Disclaimer, Titanic was a horrible tragedy. It was the first thing that came to mind.

T:S was a horrible tragedy.

The idea of what he wanted to do made sense to me, but I didn't get what it would really accomplish or change if he proved that point in those circumstances.

That's what makes his insanity so unredeemable. The plot is just a rationalization for his own nihilism. It won't make everyone be like him, and it won't prove that everyone is already like him, deep down. It'll just kill a lot of people.

I think covering for Dent was more Batman refusing the Joker any satisfaction.

That's what makes his insanity unredeemable. The plot is just a rationalization for his own nihilism. It won't make everyone like him, and it won't prove that everyone is already like him, deep down. It'll just kill a lot of people.

I think covering for Dent was more Batman refusing to let the Joker take credit.

I kinda agree with that. Batman, the being, is just a shield for the innocents in Gotham. It was a selfless maneuver to take the heat for the death of Dent, and also doesn't allow Joker to win.

It obviously worked since Gotham stays relatively super villain free for 8 years according to the TDKR trailers.

That's what makes his insanity so unredeemable. The plot is just a rationalization for his own nihilism. It won't make everyone be like him, and it won't prove that everyone is already like him, deep down. It'll just kill a lot of people.

I think covering for Dent was more Batman refusing the Joker any satisfaction.

I watched it again with this in mind and it was a lot more enjoyable for me. Thanks Devil.

Back