Which Hulk would you choose?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hulk do you like more?

• I prefer the original Hulk PF better

Votes: 78 40.4%
  • I prefer the new Avengers Hulk maquette

Votes: 115 59.6%

• Total voters
I owned the Hulf PF. He was just big to fit in the collection, and weighed a ton too! I sold him for a nice profit.

I saw this Hulk maquette at the Con. Although I like that it looked like the movie Hulk, the paint app looked different, wherein some parts looked like sprayed dust.

Still, I'd prefer the movie Hulk, and I don't mind missing the PF.

Avengers Hulk for me. I just like the pose and the more modern look. But until I see it in hand the PF is still the Hulk to beat IMO and I don't even like it that much.

I voted for the Hulk PF despite the fact that it based on the Kirby version which isn't my cup of tea. That said, whilst the maquette looks awesome there is something about it which doesn't feel right to me. I want my Hulk a seething mass of rage which both versions fail to capture in my opinion.

My ideal would be something between the two with slightly more bias towards the PF version. Both stunning statues but for very different reasons I would pass on both. The PF is just a hideous version of the Hulk and I think the "retarded ape" comments are justified. And the Maquette is good but too much ruffalo and not enough Hulk for me.

That said...ES, price, weight aside if someone offered me a free Hulk to choose, PF for the win every time.

I voted for the Hulk PF despite the fact that it based on the Kirby version which isn't my cup of tea. That said, whilst the maquette looks awesome there is something about it which doesn't feel right to me. I want my Hulk a seething mass of rage which both versions fail to capture in my opinion.

My ideal would be something between the two with slightly more bias towards the PF version. Both stunning statues but for very different reasons I would pass on both. The PF is just a hideous version of the Hulk and I think the "retarded ape" comments are justified. And the Maquette is good but too much ruffalo and not enough Hulk for me.

That said...ES, price, weight aside if someone offered me a free Hulk to choose, PF for the win every time.

:welcome1:
Nice first post.
You know you want a Maquette though. :lol

You should get the Comiquette if you want rage.

The quality on that piece was poor, mine was anyway.
Oh, and his head was the size of a pea.
Was also surprised how light it was.

What was wrong with the quality on yours?? Just wondering. I was always a tad let down by the paint apps.

He was light.

Still a great statue IMO.

The Pea sized head has been potrayed in the comics. Don't know why that was such an issue to so many.

965619.jpg

1401403-ih__dlm_large.jpg

MIKE_DEODA_50_b.gif

Mine had a lot of purple paint splatter on his legs and torso.
The fact that it had been previously displayed didn't help. Bought as new from Play.com (U.K) and it was dusty with paint chips where the foot slots into the base. Blatant returned item, so I returned it.

Bought as new from play.com

woah! From play.com? I see they have the batman PF for £200 pounds more than collectiblesdirect. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd be tempted to buy from play. Even eBay offers a better price, especially from the european union.

With regards to the comiquette, it's close but no cigar. Some days I love the maquette but other days I think it's an easy pass. I didn't want to mention the open ES but this is a major turn off for me. Even as a collector of "regular" editions, the thought of an open edition does not appeal to me. :(

I have no doubt I'll be kicking myself for passing On Skaar and the Hulk maquette but I've got bigger DC fish to fry.

My Hulk comiquette is nice and fine. But I would want a 1/4 WWH to match the Hulk PF & Skaar.
Would be tough to do with the tank on top but definitely possible. It would be a great example of Chaos(Hulk) and order(Tank), all in one statue.

I am just gonna skip the vote as its really irrelevant to me.

wwh3.jpg

just saw this ebay auction, 1/2 scale 4.6 feet hulk! $2000 Looks so epic!!!

does anyone know what the deal is with those philippines sellers? they are unloading some nice marvel pieces! very tempted but $2000 is a lot to risk.

photo2-60.jpg

wow that is nice! 2000 is ood price for this imho, depends of what its made of of course.

just saw this ebay auction, 1/2 scale 4.6 feet hulk! $2000 Looks so epic!!!

does anyone know what the deal is with those philippines sellers? they are unloading some nice marvel pieces! very tempted but $2000 is a lot to risk.

photo2-60.jpg

I really like keown art work. But I have never been a big fan of this statue. It's OK but for the price that it goes for, no matter waht scale, I would rather have any of the SS versions instead.

I think as art work it looks great but I never thought it translated very well in this statue. There are other drawings by this artist I would have chose instead of this one.
349399_f520.jpg

I never understood why there has not been a demand by the fans or even some custom kits based on the best (IMO) Hulk artist Mike Deodato jr.

detail.jpg

tumblr_ks3qg0T9pb1qzvw5po1_500.jpg

wolverine_28_page_17_by_MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

hulk060covercol.jpg

INCREDIBLE_HULK_72_Mike_Deodato_Jr.jpg

Would love to see an abomination based on his work also.

abomination.jpg

Hulk-de-Mike-Deodato-Jr..jpg

Back