What's with all these soldout being instock again and why is SSC cancelling WL then?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess for those working a job and can't be ordering during work hours, tough luck. :rotfl

Pretty much every other really rare collectible that I go for makes the preorder at the _______ time they can, and just give a day not a time, you have to just check all day. If you don't get one, too bad. If you order one and they oversold, too bad. If yours shows up and it's destroyed, too bad. I'm not a big Sideshow apologist as their customer care can attest to (see: Comiquette, Iron Man, Stealth), but the fact that they even have a waitlist amazes me.

Sideshow puts everything up at the same time and same day every week except special events. If you miss a PO, it's your fault

Right! It's not like they're springing something on ya. :lol

Have they done that in a while? I remember very limited items in news letter but don't remember for years.

In some cases items were held for marketing purposes that were never used

Chicky, remember the 1:2 Comic Iron Man Comiquette that was used in promotionals around the SSC offices, brought to Comic Con and then most recently used on FX to promote Iron Man.

Looked like this only bigger?
ironman1.jpg

I'll be happy to take that off of your hands, don't even bother emailing just send it and sign me up for a payment plan, paid on the last day of the month no problem.

But I can at least understand the folks points that if you are on a waitlist, it is then closed, and months later SSC's mysteriously finds a waitlist product, instead of offering it to EVERYONE, they should go back to the waitlist. Excuses about it being time consuming are no different than it being time consuming right from the get go and besides I'm faily certain in the 21st century it's automated and not some guy scrolling down through list after list. But of course, it's always the customer's fault. :rotfl

The time consuming end of it was finding people, months later, who were still on the waitlist and still interested in it. Dredging through them to find someone who would bite was why they stopped doing it. They were doing exactly what you have suggested and it was a pain in their ass.

When keeping a list open is not longer worthwhile for them, they close it. If the customer didn't get an order placed in time, then yeah, it's the customer's fault. Are we supposed to believe it's Sideshow's fault?

:cuckoo:

Well sometimes, folks don't have all day to wait around on pre-orders and some pieces sell out in hours, thus forcing the waitlist option.

Can't you just pop on the SS site through your phone?
It'll only take a minute tops. :dunno

Okay I have no idea what the heck is going on with SSC? Out of no where I see Galatus LSB, The Thing PF, The Thing 1:1 Bust, Hobogoblin Com ex and other long (what appeared to be) sold out come back instock?

I'm gonna be quite frank here with SSC, why are you cancelling WL then if you end up finding more in your warehouse? Is this even fair? You should leave the WL there until you are 100% sure it's no longer available!

everyone, meet our resident cry-baby. :clap

Sideshow, keep up the good work and forget about the crybabies.

99.9999% of them would have never had their waitlist convert anyway when you guys find 1 or 2 of a long sold out item. they are just pissed off at themselves for missing out on stuff that they should have bought to begin with, and ironically most of these cry babies probably canceled their preorders for these very items.

The waitlist is not a contractual agreement and personal guarantee that you will get something that has sold out. it is a convenience that Sideshow has been kind enough to provide those people who were not there in time before something sells out or too finnicky to make up their minds.

Stop being cry babies and having the usual collector mentality of self entitlement.

It is awesome that sideshow provides EVERYONE an equal opportunity to purchase these things by making them available on their social outlets.

then make sure you're off that day. problem solved :huh

if you wanna _____ & moan over an order, try getting a mondo print on friday. you'll never complain about sideshow again :lol

You're very antagonistic.

It seems to be a hard concept. If they PPO an item at whatever time on whatever day, which is always during business hours, does it matter I have notice? Should I really take the time off to order a toy? Really, I think SSC's can fire all their customer service reps as I think most are on here in disguise.

Can't you just pop on the SS site through your phone?
It'll only take a minute tops. :dunno

I wasn't talking about myself nor apparently the majority of the posters on here who seem to be on all day. I'm talking about the folks who don't have access to SSC's at work and shouldn't have to risk getting in trouble to order something that is released for preorder at some weird AM time.

It seems to be a hard concept. If they PPO an item at whatever time on whatever day, which is always during business hours, does it matter I have notice? Should I really take the time off to order a toy? Really, I think SSC's can fire all their customer service reps as I think most are on here in disguise.

It's the IT guys BWHAHAHA! :lol

Well, at least some PO's are just during business hours. Those of us in another time zone are not quite as fortunate, but if I want something, I will (and have) stay up the night if I had to :lecture

The WL is just an added touch for SS that they do not have to give us. They could just say 'no, we've sold out' once they reach their sales fulfilment and not have a WL. As it stands now when they have cancellations etc, peeps are given the chance via the waitlist but it is not a guarantee.

It's a bonus feature imo, they don't have to have one.
x :peace

Well, at least some PO's are just during business hours. Those of us in another time zone are not quite as fortunate, but if I want something, I will (and have) stay up the night if I had to :lecture

The WL is just an added touch for SS that they do not have to give us. They could just say 'no, we've sold out' once they reach their sales fulfilment and not have a WL. As it stands now when they have cancellations etc, peeps are given the chance via the waitlist but it is not a guarantee.

It's a bonus feature imo, they don't have to have one.
x :peace

I guess SSC's doesn't have to give us anything. I mean why give customers, customer service. :cuckoo:

They do ppo during their business hours so they can take care of any problems. They have no obligation for it to be during your non work hours. People have been doing just fine for years ordering things this way from them. Sorry it doesn't work for you but that's just luck of the draw I guess. I've done more than one ppo through my iPhone. It's not difficult and doesn't require me to take days off.

They do ppo during their business hours so they can take care of any problems. They have no obligation for it to be during your non work hours. People have been doing just fine for years ordering things this way from them. Sorry it doesn't work for you but that's just luck of the draw I guess. I've done more than one ppo through my iPhone. It's not difficult and doesn't require me to take days off.

all you gotta do is act like you're going to the bathroom if you're at work :wink1:

Like I said, I didn't have a problem, but I can--unlike some--see where a problem does exist as it is not convenient for some fans and those fans miss out and have to go on a waitlist, that depending on their slot, they convert or not and those not converting that months later have to read about Indiana Jones finding the Holy Grail in the back of a warehouse that they were in line for, but now have to pay double on Ebay--I get their annoyance. Some need to try to see it from both perspectives instead of just SSC's. Trust me, they have enough employees. :)

all you gotta do is act like you're going to the bathroom if you're at work :wink1:

I just make sure the kids are working on their assignment quietly. :lol

Like I said, I didn't have a problem, but I can--unlike some--see where a problem does exist as it is not convenient for some fans and those fans miss out and have to go on a waitlist, that depending on their slot, they convert or not and those not converting that months later have to read about Indiana Jones finding the Holy Grail in the back of a warehouse that they were in line for, but now have to pay double on Ebay--I get their annoyance. Some need to try to see it from both perspectives instead of just SSC's. Trust me, they have enough employees. :)

I get that it doesn't work for everyone. However, the time that might work or them doesn't others. SS picks a time when they're open and it works for most people and if it doesn't you have to figure out how to make it work. You don't get to have your cake and eat it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back