SSC whats up with Rogue PF? QC a big issue here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you misunderstanding what he said on purpose?

Sometimes when I see you and Nam arguing a point I do agree with you, but I think that I'm not quite getting where you're coming from this time.
It seems to me that you are saying that fuzzy, or anyone, shouldn't feel "entitled" to a quality product. A certain level of quality that SS is known for, mind you. It's one thing to accept a certain level of difference between the official pics and prototype, and the situation that we have here with a clearly botched paint application on a significant number of these statues. I, personally, do feel entitled to what I paid for, and I don't think that the statue that they sent me was representative of their usual product.

Personally, I plan to send mine back when I hear from C/S, and I'm hoping for a decent replacement. Barring that, I will get a refund.

Last edited:
Sometimes when I see you and Nam arguing a point I do agree with you, but I think that I'm not quite getting where you're coming from this time.
It seems to me that you are saying that fuzzy, nor anyone, should feel "entitled" to a quality product. A certain level of quality that SS is known for, mind you. It's one thing to accept a certain level of difference between the official pics and prototype, and the situation that we have here with a clearly botched paint application on a significant number of these statues. I, personally, do feel entitled to what I paid for, and I don't think that the statue that they sent me was representative of their usual product.

Personally, I am sending mine back and hoping for a decent replacement. Barring that, I will get a refund.

:goodpost: There's a large discrepancy between the proto pics, the display in SDCC and the final product from multiple people who have recieved the statue. The paint apps and sculpt have been substantially altered, and that's why this post was started as a point of concern in the 'ask sideshow' section, especially for the ones that have ordered/received this and are concerned.

It seems to me that you are saying that fuzzy, nor anyone, should feel "entitled" to a quality product. A certain level of quality that SS is known for, mind you. It's one thing to accept a certain level of difference between the official pics and prototype, and the situation that we have here with a clearly botched paint application on a significant number of these statues. I, personally, do feel entitled to what I paid for, and I don't think that the statue that they sent me was representative of their usual product.

Personally, I plan to send mine back when I hear from C/S, and I'm hoping for a decent replacement. Barring that, I will get a refund.

I can't speak for nam, but no, I am not saying that anyone is not owed what they paid for. You absolutely are owed either a correction to the product, or your money back. What I have taken issue with (as I generally do) is the implication---with zero knowledge of the situation--that Sideshow has somehow purposely attempted to screw people over, and that short of a recall, they will have somehow proven this.

The casting of moral aspersions prior to having reached a solution to the problem, the insults toward the company, and the general soapboxing without being apprised of the siutation from the seller's side of the story. It's obnoxious, the indignation of those being called on it is hysterical, and the double standard of insulting a company and then crying that they're being inappropriately insulted when taken to task for the insults, is patently wrong.

That does not go for everyone having this issue; just those who--per their usual habit--are taking advantage to the situation to play victim and/or savior of the people. You guys have every right to be upset, but to hear calls for them to be informed on to Better Business Bureau is too much.

I can't speak for nam, but no, I am not saying that anyone is not owed what they paid for. You absolutely are owed either a correction to the product, or your money back. What I have taken issue with (as I generally do) is the implication---with zero knowledge of the situation--that Sideshow has somehow purposely attempted to screw people over, and that short of a recall, they will have somehow proven this.

The casting of moral aspersions prior to having reached a solution to the problem, the insults toward the company, and the general soapboxing without being apprised of the siutation from the seller's side of the story. It's obnoxious, the indignation of those being called on it is hysterical, and the double standard of insulting a company and then crying that they're being inappropriately insulted when taken to task for the insults, is patently wrong.

That does not go for everyone having this issue; just those who--per their usual habit--are taking advantage to the situation to play victim and/or savior of the people.

Oh, okay. That's clearer. Honestly, I haven't read every single post in this thread so I might have missed fuzzy (or others) making that implication. Also, I only skim some of the posts anyway.
I just wish that when people around here could just state their separate opinions, and, afterwords, let things sit. ... but then again, I suppose that's human nature for you. Yep, another reason why I despise this species as a whole. Truly no offense to anyone here specifically, I just dislike a lot of humanity's innate emotions and tendencies.

Oh, okay. That's clearer. Honestly, I haven't read every single post in this thread so I might have missed fuzzy (or others) making that implication. Also, I only skim some of the posts anyway.

Never made that implication at all, and don't see much (if any) of what he's talking about in this whole thread. As usual, he's trying to blow things out of proportion.

Read the whole thread if you can Jedah, I really don't see anyone blasting sideshow, just the QC in this instance, and with some of the production pieces that does seems justified. Notice the only people who are abrasive and throw insults in this thread please.

That does not go for everyone having this issue; just those who--per their usual habit--are taking advantage to the situation to play victim and/or savior of the people. You guys have every right to be upset, but to hear calls for them to be informed on to Better Business Bureau is too much.

Pretty much. :exactly:

The BBB threats were especially hilarious though. You simply cannot report a company that's willing to offer replacements up to a full refund if you're not fully satisfied. Those remarks were ignorant at best. The BBB will laugh you right out of the office or right off of the phone line. Whenever there is a human element involved in manufacturing, you can bet there will be errors. It's part of running a business. And while this is a grievous issue, it's not the worst QC issue they've had and certainly not the lightest. I think people lose sight of the fact that Sideshow is not only willing to work with people to get a replacement, but if that replacement comes and it's unsatisfactory, they will still provide a refund. I fail to see how that is unacceptable. Whether or not you need a 1/4 Rogue in your X-Men collection is irrelevant to the business transaction and that's where the douchy entitlement issues come into play. Nobody owes you a goddam thing more than your money back if you're not satisfied.

Thread closed for trolling.

If you have a customer service issue - you need to use the proper form on the Sideshow website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back