What's with all these soldout being instock again and why is SSC cancelling WL then?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it said that WL are cancelled to encourage people to buy the regular. Rings true to me.

SS will not be visiting this thread lol

Chris

Tag, we visited!

We have begun closing out wait lists for products that we feel we do not have a chance in fulfilling. We have received many complaints about keeping them open for so long and not closing them. I guess now we are getting the flip side which proves that you can not please everyone.

We may find old stock in a variety of ways. In some cases when we review the warehouse we find items that we wrote out of inventory(Hey that's where that carton went 6 months ago!). In some cases items were held for marketing purposes that were never used, and items may come from cancellation of orders (where the product never left the building and is still new and unopened.).

In the past, we have held this discovered product back and contacted people from the cancelled wait lists. This was a very time intensive, manual process for us. Many collectors never returned the emails, replied with bizarre requests or questions unrelated to purchasing the item they wanted at one time. Ultimately, this way was just not feasible. Therefore, we decided to release the items to our newsletter list and social media venues to announce the availability of the product.

If we have anything big that may come back in a 1 pc or 2 pcs quantity I can recommend to our team to post it a week prior to social media so everyone knows! Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!

Tag, we visited!

We have begun closing out wait lists for products that we feel we do not have a chance in fulfilling. We have received many complaints about keeping them open for so long and not closing them. I guess now we are getting the flip side which proves that you can not please everyone.

We may find old stock in a variety of ways. In some cases when we review the warehouse we find items that we wrote out of inventory(Hey that's where that carton went 6 months ago!). In some cases items were held for marketing purposes that were never used, and items may come from cancellation of orders (where the product never left the building and is still new and unopened.).

In the past, we have held this discovered product back and contacted people from the cancelled wait lists. This was a very time intensive, manual process for us. Many collectors never returned the emails, replied with bizarre requests or questions unrelated to purchasing the item they wanted at one time. Ultimately, this way was just not feasible. Therefore, we decided to release the items to our newsletter list and social media venues to announce the availability of the product.

If we have anything big that may come back in a 1 pc or 2 pcs quantity I can recommend to our team to post it a week prior to social media so everyone knows! Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!

Really? Who is complaining that the WL is left opened?

If you do this then you will crash the site when these items becomes available!

A couple of years ago, SSC cancelled my WL reservation on an Iron Man comiquette. Then not even a week later, the Iron Man comiquette came back on 1st come 1st base Newsletter. My first response was WTF?? I know you can't win the battle on this but I guranteed there were more upset people then going this other route.

I also have a big problem on why SSC would cancel a WL reservation on preorder soldouts. IMO, this should not happened becasue the item hasn't shipped. Why are you guys doing this?

Last edited:
So if it's too labor intensive to contact folks from a wait list ,then why have a wait list at all? If an item sells out, so be it, and if you find more stock, then make it available via the newsletter or social media.

How do you determine how long to keep a wait list open if you happen to find old stock long after its sold out?

Many collectors never returned the emails, replied with bizarre requests or questions unrelated to purchasing the item they wanted at one time.

Yeah forget those weirdos, next time you got something cool back in stock just pm me and i will make sure it's NOT a "time intensive" process. :love:naughty

I hate the fact for the Maul Bust they made you watch facebook, twitter and google+ for an entire day. Why not put it in a contest. Or give a chance to the customers who collect 1:1 SW bust. I assume the people that got the rare stuff will just put it on ebay.

I have heard it said that WL are cancelled to encourage people to buy the regular. Rings true to me.

I believe this 100% They want you to cancel the ex and get the regular from them or a retailer. In the instances the item does come back in stock rather than sending emails to closed WLers and piss someone off who indeed did go to a retailer and bought the regular they play coy, ignore the old WLs (which I'm sure are in the databases somewhere) and just throw the item up on second chance for freeforall. Not exactly collector friendly.

Last edited:
I had the Lurtz pf ex on waitlist for years,it wasnt cancelled but then it suddenly became available with no contact from SS,by the time i realized it was gone,to say i was pissed is an understatement!

Tag, we visited!

surely, most of the cancelations will be when the product is near the shipping phase. i've just had my Vampirella EX WL cancelled, and she's not due for what another 6-8 weeks, i dont get it

Pretty sketch, I'd be pissed if I was on a WL that was cancelled and then saw it up again for sale on the site too.

You can also sign up to express emails on there site.

i did that years ago, and seems like i just don't get them anymore. it's been months. never did get the Pumkinhead email. nothing's changed on my end.

where exactly do you go on Sideshow's site to sign up for Express "just found" type emails? i'll go sign up again.

all this is sounding odd tho

Well i'm sure the backlash here and on facebook will insure that they extend their waitlists in future

There's a backlash on this at FB? That should be a good read.

Any links because I see only 1 person making a comment about the WL?

Last edited:
They probably deleted some? :lol

But yeah, this is sketch and I would be really, really turned off as a customer if this happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back