SSC and possible fake WL? Why I have doubts now.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the complaint/issue/problem is that some have an issue with a business/company making $ off the impulsiveness, indecision, or regret of buyers/collectors who make an error in judgement or foolish enough to want to buy everything in sight and then can't afford it?

What's next . . . some will complain that the credit card company some use to finance/fund their hobby acquisitions is charging too much interest?

:slap

We all have to choice to buy or not to buy within our respective means for those items that we truly want and not necessarily based on "hype" . . . then again . . . given the audience . . .

I've sadly had to cancel a couple items that had an NRD, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens more than you think. It sucks losing the money, but I knew what I was getting into when I PO'd the product.

I'm also a little confused by this thread. IF Sideshow is purposely putting items on a WL to lure more buyers to purchase the item under the pretense that the item is in demand and may no longer be available (and that's a BIG IF), what does it matter if you actually want the piece for your collection? No one is pressuring you to buy anything and like I said, if it's actually something you did want to buy, you should be happy that the WL converted so quickly.

Its call time & hassle. Personally, I would like to see in-hand pics from other people who purchase it before spending $350 on a statue. Look at the Rogue fiasco. The product preview look fantastic, but look at the end result. If SSC showed the final product result before it was shipped, I would have never ordered it. You can say I can return it for full refund, however, given the fact I have to pay customs / taxes on any order, it becomes a hassle to get it back from the courier Fedex. If indeed SSC is "baiting" buyers into buying the slow movers, it is wrong.

SSC has some stuff that never sold out due to how it may look in the preview, but I have bought things after seeing in-hands pics like Conan Diorama. A customer should't have to question a companies motives on why WL are so easily converted ever. I never did until now! :lecture

Its call time & hassle. Personally, I would like to see in-hand pics from other people who purchase it before spending $350 on a statue. Look at the Rogue fiasco. The product preview look fantastic, but look at the end result. If SSC showed the final product result before it was shipped, I would have never ordered it. You can say I can return it for full refund, however, given the fact I have to pay customs / taxes on any order, it becomes a hassle to get it back from the courier Fedex. If indeed SSC is "baiting" buyers into buying the slow movers, it is wrong.

SSC has some stuff that never sold out due to how it may look in the preview, but I have bought things after seeing in-hands pics like Conan Diorama. A customer should't have to question a companies motives on why WL are so easily converted ever. I never did until now :lecture

:lol Anybody remember that thread years ago where that chick from the UK was whining about Sideshow because she forgot to cancel her Wait List and it converted? This ____'s about on par with that. :lol :monkey1

SSC has some stuff that never sold out due to how it may look in the preview, but I have bought things after seeing in-hands pics like Conan Diorama. A customer should't have to question a companies motives on why WL are so easily converted ever. I never did until now! :lecture
--

I actually considered buying the ROGUE statue, but passed . . . fortunately I did.

I read about how others contacted Sideshow & requested a replacement head or ended up getting a refund.

That's why Sideshow have a exchange/refund policy. Surely, Sideshow knows they completely screwed up with the ROGUE statue. I don't know if they'll officially admit it, but I'm sure they're reminded of it daily with all those unsold statues in the warehouse and very damaging word of mouth and pictures online.

Anything/everything we buy/order is a gamble to an extent. Sometimes there is 100% perfection. Sometimes there is not. We have choices/options . . . and so far Sideshow does not have a buy it as is with no refund policy on all of their products . . . so far that is.

"Baiting" is nothing new within business. All types of companies do it. Is it wrong? It depends on your perspective as a consumer. If you don't like, then don't support the business and look for your hobby fix somewhere else. It's a choice. Again . . . we have choices & options as informed consumers . . . for the most part.

Constantly complaining about it will not fix the issue. Then again . . . have you actually called or e-mailed Sideshow about this? If yes, what did they say? If not, then why? Surely, you feel that strongly about it?

Then don't go on the WL until people have in hand pics and be prepared to possibly not have your wait list converted that late in the game. If the pics are good, many more people may be jumping on the WL as well. Easy solution. Don't see the problem.

--

I actually considered buying the ROGUE statue, but passed . . . fortunately I did.

I read about how others contacted Sideshow & requested a replacement head or ended up getting a refund.

That's why Sideshow have a exchange/refund policy. Surely, Sideshow knows they completely screwed up with the ROGUE statue. I don't know if they'll officially admit it, but I'm sure they're reminded of it daily with all those unsold statues in the warehouse and very damaging word of mouth and pictures online.

Anything/everything we buy/order is a gamble to an extent. Sometimes there is 100% perfection. Sometimes there is not. We have choices/options . . . and so far Sideshow does not have a buy it as is with no refund policy on all of their products . . . so far that is.

"Baiting" is nothing new within business. All types of companies do it. Is it wrong? It depends on your perspective as a consumer. If you don't like, then don't support the business and look for your hobby fix somewhere else. It's a choice. Again . . . we have choices & options as informed consumers . . . for the most part.

Constantly complaining about it will not fix the issue. Then again . . . have you actually called or e-mailed Sideshow about this? If yes, what did they say? If not, then why? Surely, you feel that strongly about it?

Yes I have talked to SSC Rep(s) directly about this & they told me they are doing no sort of thing. A company isn't going to be forth right about this if they are doing this "baiting" ever!

Yes I have talked to SSC Rep(s) directly about this & they told me they are doing no sort of thing. A company isn't going to be forth right about this if they are doing this "baiting" ever!

You never answered my question. How is a detourant baiting? :dunno

Then don't go on the WL until people have in hand pics and be prepared to possibly not have your wait list converted that late in the game. If the pics are good, many more people may be jumping on the WL as well. Easy solution. Don't see the problem.

The thing is Jen, I went on it again to test if it would convert. In a matter of less then 48 hours, it converted the 2nd time. I find it very odd on this. I bet if I did this 3 more times, it will convert again. statues with NRDs IMO, should not convert that easy ever. I start to question it.

I love when people blame sideshow for that when car companies among others do the same exact thing :lol

Just because some other companies "do it too" doesn't make it right or ethical thing to do :monkey4

What does it matter if they are "baiting" to try and get more sales? If you want to see in hand pics before you place an order or jump on the WL then do it..but know your chances of having your wait list converted are reduced the longer you wait. If it's something you got to have, then jump on it early and if it turns out to be a turd, get a refund.

I don't see what the problem is here? If I want something, I'm going to order it. If it's something I'm on the fence about - I'm not going to jump on the WL just because it's wait listed. I'll wait until I'm sure, and if I miss out, then I miss out. Whatever I decide to do, it's my choice, my decision and Sideshow isn't making me pull the trigger on anything.

The thing is Jen, I went on it again to test if it would convert. In a matter of less then 48 hours, it converted the 2nd time. I find it very odd on this. I bet if I did this 3 more times, it will convert again. statues with NRDs IMO, should not convert that easy ever. I start to question it.

There is no point with you Nam. If I do, we are just going back & forth on this..... thus driving up your post count even higher :monkey1

I assure you, I don't give two ____s or a ____ about my post count. I've never _____ed about the posts of mine that have been deleted (likely double my existing post count :lol).

I just find it absurd that you're blaming sideshow because you're trying to beat the NRD and failed. If you don't want something, don't jump on the wait list. Whether it converts or not, or how fast or slow, is irrelevant. As I said earlier, the Wait List is more of a detourant than it is an enticement and using that as a base for your argument is ridiculous.

You want a better foundation, and an elevated perspective, use the Low Quantity Alert bar for your argument.

Great, Leonidas is here. Somewhere a bridge is missing its troll. :monkey1

So you are purposely pre-ordering a product and then cancelling it to try and prove a point? Ever think that the piece you keep having your WL converted for may be the same piece you cancelled earlier? :lol For example, they have 10 pieces left and only 7 people join the WL - and you keep cancelling your order....yes you could do it 3 more times and keep getting the same piece you just cancelled or one of the other 2 still available. If this is a popular piece - then maybe one of these times your WL won't convert. Would that make you happier? Or would you be more pleased if the WL didn't covert for say 2 or 3 weeks? :dunno

What does it matter if they are "baiting" to try and get more sales? If you want to see in hand pics before you place an order or jump on the WL then do it..but know your chances of having your wait list converted are reduced the longer you wait. If it's something you got to have, then jump on it early and if it turns out to be a turd, get a refund.

I don't see what the problem is here? If I want something, I'm going to order it. If it's something I'm on the fence about - I'm not going to jump on the WL just because it's wait listed. I'll wait until I'm sure, and if I miss out, then I miss out. Whatever I decide to do, it's my choice, my decision and Sideshow isn't making me pull the trigger on anything.

Everything ties in together. In hind-sight, when people see a preorder(s) turned to WL soldout, they go on it immediately WL in "hopes" it gets converted. IMO, what SSC is doing is it speeds up slow moving orders which normally would not sell out that fast. When this process is sped up, the people of the fence have 2 options. (1) Go on WL (2) Don't order it. You now don't have the luxury to wait for in-hand pics.

It's hard to explain, but its built inside our brains that we must buy anything. You can say its impulse. Almost everyone has it. Look at the Black Friday sale that USA have each year. People don't need the items, but because its a sale, they buy the items anyways because they don't want to miss out. This is the exact same thing with this. Because we don't want to miss out on the WL sold out, we jump on the WL not thinking about the in-hand pics now. Once SSC collects your NRD, you are out of luck. They have gotting you by your tail.

It's hard to explain, but its built inside our brains that we must buy anything. You can say its impulse. Almost everyone has it. Look at the Black Friday sale that USA have each year. People don't need the items, but because its a sale, they buy the items anyways because they don't want to miss out. This is the exact same thing with this. Because we don't want to miss out on the WL sold out, we jump on the WL not thinking about the in-hand pics now. Once SSC collects your NRD, you are out of luck. They have gotting you by your tail.

:clap:clap:clap

Thank you for proving my point. You're blaming sideshow for your own impulse control issues. :cuckoo: LOCK 'ER UP! :lol

death_eating_popcorn.gif

If SSC didn't do the "Bait", we wouldn't be having this conversation would we Nam? Their would be no impulse control would there be? :cuckoo:

If you've noticed, you're one of only 3 people in this thread (one of which is a devil's advocate troll who doesn't really count anyway) who're taking your so called, "bait." The rest of us see it for what it really is. You should open your eyes. :huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back