SSC whats up with Rogue PF? QC a big issue here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I might as well be the one voicing my disappoinment about the Rogue PF that I'd recieved yesterday.

I have been one of the biggest supporters of SSC & it is a huge let down going from phenomenal pieces like Gambit, She-Hulk PF to a sub-par Rogue... The paint application on the head is just awful! This is not a rant on my part towards SSC. I want them to do the right thing & that is why I am posting this thread.

1) The most glaring problem is the paint application on Rogue Eyes & facial areas. The eyelids & googly wondering eyes are the biggest issue I have with the regular head. Why would they paint the eyelids completely black? It absolutely does not look like the preview that we all come to expect.

2) The 2nd is Rogue's buttocks. It has been completely resculpted from the SDCC preview that we all saw.

I want to know why there was no announcement made on the changes for Rogue buttocks area? That was probably one of the biggest selling features that people bought her in the first place.

Personally, I don't think there needs to be a recall on the body sculpted but the face paint needs to be dealt with. As a customer, I would like a resolution. Those resolutions should not include a small percentage discount or a full refund. I bought Rogue for display with my Gambit.

IMO, SSC should have the Rogue's head recalled or go back to the manufacturer & have them redone and sent to there loyal customers. This is a lesson learn for SSC that QC should not been taking for granted. I rather wait a full year to get a superb statue then a mediocre one.

I hope you guys do the right thing here and redo all the heads (at least the regular one) & sent them out next year.

Last edited:
Re: SSC whats up with Rogue PF? QC a big issue here?

facecompareroguereg.jpg

facecomparerogue.jpg

buttcompare.jpg

t-recall.jpg

Mines landing in the UK soon and based on pictures posted in the other thread in the Marvel Section Id like SSC to give a response please

how you can you sell the latter and deliver the first ??? If having paid the amount of money I have so far on previous PF's in the line you do this to collectors and your customer base ???

Makes me angry . . Im hoping Im one of the lucky ones . . but why should luck have anything to do with delivery of an advertised product ???? (and all that prototype may differ garbage not withstanding) its mis-shapen-badly painted) based on these pics its horrendous !!!!

facecompareroguereg.jpg
facecomparerogue.jpg

Last edited:
Sideshow I think the best way to make this right is to stop any more reg or ex Rogue from being shipped, and Repaint all of them and properly check before shipping them out, It will rebuild the faith in your loyal customers who spend Thousands anually on your products and save you money by shipping and returning products so PLEASE STOP ANY FROM BEING SHIPPED AND REPAINT BOTH FACES! Rogue is probably the most important female character and needs to be Perfect!!!

And ss will just tell all the costumer to do a full refund, cause there is a lot people want to buy it, ss!! That is not the way to do business!!!! They always tell me that !

I too have received Rogue and am unhappy with the face paintjobs. The backside sculpt change from the prototype, though misleading, is acceptable to me. Though it would have been nice to give the customers a heads up before shipping with such a distinct difference from what you displayed at Comicon a few months ago. As for the paintjob, truly unacceptable since my other sideshow items have much better displays of paint. You should do the right thing and have a new batch of heads repainted for those that were already shipped and make sure any unshipped once are dealt with to prevent more unhappy collectors.

We may get a brief, "Return it for a full refund" response, but the chances of us getting a detailed response is slim. Unfortunately, they hardly answer Ask Sideshow questions anymore so I highly doubt that they are going to respond here?

Paint applications like this and very poor quality control is the #1 reason that I only have one item on preorder from Sideshow right now. A few years ago, it would have been 5+ preorders at least. I figure every preorder that I pass on (and other people) and we let sit on their Gift Card list, maybe they will get the clue and fix their QC issues. After the Ironman fiasco, there is no reason googly-eye-transvestite-Rocky-Horror-Picture Rogue paint apps should be hitting customer hands.

The golden 'Sideshow Quality Control' sticker doesn't mean much anymore.

Last edited:
I've spend over $10k this year on SSC statues and this is the only one that I have ever seen that doesn't remotely even resemble the production piece. I don't want a partial refund or return this because I want to display this with Gambit. Far from the EX portrait being perfect, I'm not going to complaint much on that. I want the regular portrait repainted. The black eye lids are horrendous. Who on the right mind would ever wear makeup like that in real life? Not only was mine horribly painted but I had googly eyes. How can SSC QC passed that. No partial refund SSC. Fix this mess up by having your painters redo it.

Here are a few more pics of the reg head. There are a ton more I didn't have space to add.

rregheads.jpg

Hey Fuzzy, Thats not my pic. :eek: I haven't posted her here until SSC deals with my complaint or resolves the issue of an replacement.

Oh my god.........from grail to fail is right.

I've lost all hope in Rinzler being fixed now :(

Hope you guys get 100% refunds that is a disgrace.

How incredibly disappointing. Mine will arrive this week and I am not sure its even worth opening the box. I just don't want to be that disappointed.
I don't think the old discount or refund is going to do the trick here SSC. I mean all I can think of now is all the pre-orders I have paid NRD on and if they will even look like what they displayed at comic-con or on their website.
I got a Ms Marvel EX from them that had a damaged EX head, SSC told me they would replace it and 2 months later they decided they couldn't so I could either return the statue or take a discount on another item. In that case at least I was left with one good head to display. I want Rogue in my collection, but I want it to look like what I bought, I bought into this hobby thinking I would be able to continue to purchase high quality items from SSC, learning now that the nay sayers of recent times might have been right.

We will know by next week if this is a bigger case then not once everyone starts getting them. I own quite a few SSC pieces and this is the first time I voiced my disappointment out loud on anything.....

......well PCS Bison EX too but that's not really SSC

Last edited:
Probably the old trick will be pulled,$30.00 credit or send it back for a full refund.Then some other sucker will get the used statue sold as "NEW"
We should start filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

So ssc has yet to comment?

Yeah like always if you call,Costumer Service are trained to say "You're the first person complaining about this"

I guess this old trick doesn't fly anymore SideShow.

Probably the old trick will be pulled,$30.00 credit or send it back for a full refund.Then some other sucker will get the used statue sold as "NEW"
We should start filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

I don't want a credit of any kind. I want them to be accountable and correct the mistake they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back