What's with all these soldout being instock again and why is SSC cancelling WL then?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ssdoompf.jpg

BB

If they found say 10-20 I could see people on waitlist being pissed, but when they find 1-2 of an item why do you think you would magically be the first on the list?

So if it's too labor intensive to contact folks from a wait list ,then why have a wait list at all? If an item sells out, so be it, and if you find more stock, then make it available via the newsletter or social media.

They are saying they have to manually pull closed wait lists, thats not the same process that would happen for a normal wait list fulfillment.

Well i'm sure the backlash here and on facebook will insure that they extend their waitlists in future

People keep complaining , ranting, raving, etc... Guess where the next rare discoveries will end up, ohhh thats right they wait for charity ebay deal and you will find them there.

Tag, we visited!

We have begun closing out wait lists for products that we feel we do not have a chance in fulfilling. We have received many complaints about keeping them open for so long and not closing them. I guess now we are getting the flip side which proves that you can not please everyone.

We may find old stock in a variety of ways. In some cases when we review the warehouse we find items that we wrote out of inventory(Hey that's where that carton went 6 months ago!). In some cases items were held for marketing purposes that were never used, and items may come from cancellation of orders (where the product never left the building and is still new and unopened.).

In the past, we have held this discovered product back and contacted people from the cancelled wait lists. This was a very time intensive, manual process for us. Many collectors never returned the emails, replied with bizarre requests or questions unrelated to purchasing the item they wanted at one time. Ultimately, this way was just not feasible. Therefore, we decided to release the items to our newsletter list and social media venues to announce the availability of the product.

If we have anything big that may come back in a 1 pc or 2 pcs quantity I can recommend to our team to post it a week prior to social media so everyone knows! Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!
I think a fair thing to do is for you to post in advance that you found a sold out item and anyone who was on the wait list that got cancelled to send you a copy of the cancellation email after a set amount of time just do a lottery for those who sent the proof they were on the list. I think that sounds fair to me especially cause those who were interested in it long ago should have first chance at it. What do you think???

I don't know , I would most likely not be here, not own a single SS piece if they didn't do those we found some items deals. I bought my first item at SDCC on one of those we found some extras and are available to order at the show.

I think a waitlist is a crapshoot in the first place and for a company to extend the courtesy is extremely generous. When one stays open for several months after it's clear that the piece is sold out, pinning your hopes on them finding one lost in the warehouse is kinda stretching optimism beyond its natural limit.

The idea that having been on a waitlist gives you some kind of claim to the one or two pieces that turn up so long after the fact is optimism gone bat____ crazy. You know what would be fair? Give everyone on the waitlist a sharpened popsicle stick and the one left standing gets to have the toy.

I think a waitlist is a crapshoot in the first place and for a company to extend the courtesy is extremely generous. When one stays open for several months after it's clear that the piece is sold out, pinning your hopes on them finding one lost in the warehouse is kinda stretching optimism beyond its natural limit.

The idea that having been on a waitlist gives you some kind of claim to the one or two pieces that turn up so long after the fact is optimism gone bat____ crazy. You know what would be fair? Give everyone on the waitlist a sharpened popsicle stick and the one left standing gets to have the toy.

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

I know right. I don't know why people rely on waitlists. there's zero guarantee that it'll ever convert

100% truth.

Board if full of whinebag babies that think they are entitled to everything. :lol

Well sometimes, folks don't have all day to wait around on pre-orders and some pieces sell out in hours, thus forcing the waitlist option. If you get on a waitlist early enough, I've never had a problem with it converting. But I can at least understand the folks points that if you are on a waitlist, it is then closed, and months later SSC's mysteriously finds a waitlist product, instead of offering it to EVERYONE, they should go back to the waitlist. Excuses about it being time consuming are no different than it being time consuming right from the get go and besides I'm faily certain in the 21st century it's automated and not some guy scrolling down through list after list. But of course, it's always the customer's fault. :rotfl

as a newbie to SS this is good to know :bunnydanc

Trick is to not be over a week past the sell out. Although on some I got on the waitlist a month after it was sold out. Joker PF EX for instance, I got on several weeks after sell out. Same for Movie Cap American PF EX.

EDIT--basically you are competing with buyer's remorse. ;)

Trick is to not be over a week past the sell out. Although on some I got on the waitlist a month after it was sold out. Joker PF EX for instance, I got on several weeks after sell out. Same for Movie Cap American PF EX.

EDIT--basically you are competing with buyer's remorse. ;)

i'm too late to go on the Boba Fett waitlist, SS said they took it down there were that many names on it. so i'm on the pre-order for the normal release... just still wondering how good the Madalorian base is.

i'm too late to go on the Boba Fett waitlist, SS said they took it down there were that many names on it. so i'm on the pre-order for the normal release... just still wondering how good the Madalorian base is.

I actually PPO'ed Boba the day it came out when I was out of town for fear it would sell out quick and it did. But for another example, I was on the Cobra Commander PF EX waitlist twice actually. But finances each time messed it up.

Well sometimes, folks don't have all day to wait around on pre-orders and some pieces sell out in hours, thus forcing the waitlist option. If you get on a waitlist early enough, I've never had a problem with it converting. But I can at least understand the folks points that if you are on a waitlist, it is then closed, and months later SSC's mysteriously finds a waitlist product, instead of offering it to EVERYONE, they should go back to the waitlist. Excuses about it being time consuming are no different than it being time consuming right from the get go and besides I'm faily certain in the 21st century it's automated and not some guy scrolling down through list after list. But of course, it's always the customer's fault. :rotfl

Sideshow puts everything up at the same time and same day every week except special events. If you miss a PO, it's your fault

Sideshow puts everything up at the same time and same day every week except special events. If you miss a PO, it's your fault

Yeah, I guess for those working a job and can't be ordering during work hours, tough luck. :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back