What horror movie did you watch last?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lost Boys

First time watching this too. I liked Kiefer Sutherland as David.. Mother was annoying to hell and back.

Gotta check out Monster squad too. And near dark. Vampire kick lately.

The Lost Boys

First time watching this too. I liked Kiefer Sutherland as David.. Mother was annoying to hell and back.

Gotta check out Monster squad too. And near dark. Vampire kick lately.

Lost Boys was the first R-rated movie that my friends and I were able to get into (without having to sneak in) when we were kids.:lol

We just watched Near Dark last week. One of the Encore channels runs horror movies on Friday nights -they call it the Graveyard Shift. It's funny, I own Near Dark on DVD but haven't seen it in years but as soon as it pops up on cable - drop what your doing and watch.:lol

Is it good? I'm catching up on a lot of 80 flicks I never minded because I was just a slasher guy. Love these flicks.

Watched the lost boys again with my grandfather. Really enjoy this flick. Gonna grab the Mego figure from DD for David.

Lost Boys was the first R-rated movie that my friends and I were able to get into (without having to sneak in) when we were kids.:lol

We just watched Near Dark last week. One of the Encore channels runs horror movies on Friday nights -they call it the Graveyard Shift. It's funny, I own Near Dark on DVD but haven't seen it in years but as soon as it pops up on cable - drop what your doing and watch.:lol

I'm pretty much the same way with all the movies I own. I can't be bothered to get up and put the DVD in the player half the time, but if it's on TV, ooo let's watch!
I did that with The Hills Have Eyes remake last weekend.

I picked up the Nightmare on Elm Street Blu Ray Box set. I have the individual movies on DVD (red covers), but I am one of those idiots that "Double Dip". I like the all in one appeal of the blu ray packaging. Its small things like this (double dipping) that you keep away from your wife. She just won't understand.

I picked up the Nightmare on Elm Street Blu Ray Box set. I have the individual movies on DVD (red covers), but I am one of those idiots that "Double Dip". I like the all in one appeal of the blu ray packaging. Its small things like this (double dipping) that you keep away from your wife. She just won't understand.

:exactly: It's worse when I double dip on blu rays just for better packaging. :slap For instance, I have the NOES set, but I'd prefer individual releases with original artwork.

Just saw It Follows. I liked it. Very freaky vibe, good minimalistic '80s synth score, and I like the grimy, lived in world in this movie quite a bit. It felt like the '70s/'80s and modern days were blurred together seeing these old cars, TVs, tiles, etc. juxtaposed with a girl reading a small e-books.

Glad to hear folks are checking out some of the more memorably cheesy '80s horror movies like Night of the Creeps, Night of the Comet, etc.

Phantasm and the Exorcist are the first horror movies I was allowed to watch when I was young. Scared the daylights out of me.. Haha
Good lord man. What a way to start! Two extremely freaky horror movies. Exorcist being one of the most disturbing ever made.

Is it good? I'm catching up on a lot of 80 flicks I never minded because I was just a slasher guy. Love these flicks.

Yeah, Near Dark is definitely worth checking out.

We watched The Burning last night, it's an underrated classic IMO. Any fan of Friday the 13th should check it out. I always forget how many familiar names and faces are in it and the effects are by Tom Savini.

Yeah, Near Dark is definitely worth checking out.

We watched The Burning last night, it's an underrated classic IMO. Any fan of Friday the 13th should check it out. I always forget how many familiar names and faces are in it and the effects are by Tom Savini.

The early 80's was such a great period for horror. I love the camp vibe.

I watched "Ravenous" again recently. Just great stuff. I also watched "Wishmaster", "Monster Squad" and "Exorcist III". I guess I love the eighties, too.
This is probably going to be hard to believe but I actually work in a video store part time. Yes, they do still exist. The one I work in is the last video rental in Raleigh, NC. Last in Wake County, actually.
I've recommended a number of the movies you guys have mentioned to customers. "Near Dark" has been a favorite of mine since it came out. I'm OLD. Funny that Kathryn Bigelow who directed is also the person who directed ""Point Break", "The Hurt Locker" and "Zero Dark Thirty", and until she won the best director award from the academy most people just thought of her as James Cameron's ex-wife. Funny world.

More netflix horror.

Dracula_3000_movie_poster.jpg

This movie had Coolio and a hilariously corny looking Dracula.

Girlfriend said it best.
"Dracula was there,Deebo ****ed a robot,and the ship exploded.
That explains the whole movie."

7509083.3.jpg

This ****ing movie.
I don't really have words for this movie.
Just look at this picture.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K1dLvxvJWMo/UMKQKs_xPFI/AAAAAAAAf-Q/Kzf5BA6ynWI/s1600/txZEF.jpg

6750.jpg

I...****

Last edited:
More netflix horror.

Dracula_3000_movie_poster.jpg

This movie had Coolio and a hilariously corny looking Dracula.

Girlfriend said it best.
"Dracula was there,Deebo ****ed a robot,and the ship exploded.
That explains the whole movie."

7509083.3.jpg

This ****ing movie.
I don't really have words for this movie.
Just look at this picture.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K1dLvxvJWMo/UMKQKs_xPFI/AAAAAAAAf-Q/Kzf5BA6ynWI/s1600/txZEF.jpg

6750.jpg

I...****

I find it really hard to find good horror movies that i haven't already seen on netflix.

Some of the movies are embarrassing that netflix would list them

Just saw The Visit at a drive-in.

Wow. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. And that's saying a lot. Don't waste your money.

I just watched "The Town that dreaded sundown" and I really dug it. ending was a little "meh" but a really solid, creepy effort overall.

Remake or original?

Also I've been hearing great things about the visit. I get free movie tickets so I'm down to go.

Back