What horror movie did you watch last?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone's looking for horror movie ideas this October or you want some light horror entertainment without committing two hours of your time, check out Cinemassacre's Monster Madness horror movie reviews. For those really bad horror movies that no one wants to sit down and watch, I actually enjoy watching these 3-5 minute reviews instead of the movies themselves. Alternatively, I can bone up on horror movies I've never heard of. The reviews are done in the spirit of TNT's MonsterVision (for those who recall that show) with some commentary and a bit of trivia.

House of the Devil. A lot slower than I remember when I first saw it, but that ending/finale is freaking awesome.

I thought the slow build up was handled expertly in that movie and helped create a real sense of foreboding. Still can't get into The Innkeepers though, no matter how many chance I give it to impress me.

Oh yeah, watched The Wicker Man with the wife the other night (Edward Woodward/Christopher Lee original, not Nic Cage/Christ What A Load Of Wee remake). She was completely baffled by it all from start to finish but has been going round calling the dog "the willing king-like virgin fool" ever since.

I saw Green Inferno the other night. Exact same thing you'd expect from Eli Roth. Ask me any questions.

I've never seen Cabin Fever though. I'll watch that tonight.

Sorry for the big post (and sideways photos...), I thought it'd be cool and an appropriate spot to share some of these pics from a trip I just took to Seattle's EMP Museum, they have an entire section devoted to horror movies with props, artwork, videos, etc. Could have spent all day there.
IMG_1496.jpg
IMG_1501.jpg
IMG_1504.jpg
IMG_1505.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1514.jpg

Sorry for the big post (and sideways photos...), I thought it'd be cool and an appropriate spot to share some of these pics from a trip I just took to Seattle's EMP Museum, they have an entire section devoted to horror movies with props, artwork, videos, etc. Could have spent all day there.

They didn't have that stuff when I went! Awesome! They were setting up the Alien Queen in the Sci Fi Museum when I went years ago, but the area was closed off...was she there?

They didn't have that stuff when I went! Awesome! They were setting up the Alien Queen in the Sci Fi Museum when I went years ago, but the area was closed off...was she there?

No I don't think I saw that there. They did have the Star Wars "power of costume" traveling exhibit though which was also very cool. Got lucky and caught it on its last available day.

No I don't think I saw that there. They did have the Star Wars "power of costume" traveling exhibit though which was also very cool. Got lucky and caught it on its last available day.

Way cool man. I was so upset when I just missed the Queen. I got to see the Death Star model, screen used T2 Endoskeleton, and some other cool stuff there though.

The house of the devil. For a 2009 film... Felt like it was pulled from the 80s. Much more enjoyable than a film like it follows that tried to do the same ****.

Loved it. People said it's a little slow. I think the pacing is just perfect. Really good flick.

Darkmario616, if you liked that then check out "We Are Still Here". Similar in feeling to House of the Devil. I just watched it yesterday via Netflix. Runtime is pretty quick - left me wishing it was longer, but pretty good!

Back