1/6 Scale Collector Case “What If…”

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyhargo Dirge

Super Freak
Reaction score
What if there were on old school style collector’s case like the old Kenner ANH collector’s case to store or display your collection? I saw an eBay video posted for the case advert back in the day and used to imagine how cool the detail would be if the figures could match the art, like on the plastic stand insert/back. Just throwing that out there as an idea. I’m guessing if I thought of it, someone’s likely done it. Or I’m just a goofball.

Anyway,… it’s an update to an old, fond memory. The smell of the vinyl and how cool the figures were. Imagine it with Hot Toys. It would be like 36” to 48” long and 24”-36” wide. Maybe 10” deep?

That’s awesome, I love it. So you could pack them up and take them to a friends house and then put them on the bedroom floor and have a 3 hr posing session. I love how our childhood routines and rituals have morphed into a modern version.

I still have one of those old Mego “briefcase” carriers. If they made something like that today for 1/6 figures it would probably be just as expensive as an HT Iron Monger sadly.

Wear your heart on your sleeve and your figures on your heart.

Seriously though, I hate HT's packaging just because of how annoying it is. I much prefer figures to be packed in the foam cutouts. Feldherr makes a bunch of foam carrying items for various miniatures. I bet some of that could be modified to make something for 1/6th. I imagine photographers would appreciate the portability.

Back