What 1/6 character would be an instant hit???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Jobs and Michael Jordan. Those are the only two that I can think of in terms of being instant hits.

The character/person would have to be someone who could cross all lines of society and culture. It would have to be able to pick up the casual fans who wouldn't normally buy these types of items.

It was also need the press and the exposure that comes with it to give people the awareness that such items are made. Up until it was cancelled the Steve Jobs figure was headed toward that with all the media it was getting.

Last edited:
I like the ALI mention.

I'll throw 007 Bond in the hat- Sean Connery and Craig versions done on HT/Enterbay level. 1/6 DB5 too

Steve Jobs and Michael Jordan. Those are the only two that I can think of in terms of being instant hits.

The character/person would have to be someone who could cross all lines of society and culture. It would have to be able to pick up the causual fans who wouldn't normally buy these types of items.

It was also need the press and the exposure that comes with it to give people the awareness that such items are made. Up until it was cancelled the Steve Jobs figure was headed toward that with all the media it was getting.

Exactly. Pretty much what the theme of the thread was meant to be. More pop culture icons. Not necessarily specific characters. Someone or something that is easily recognizable. One that everyone is familiar with and and heard of and would possibly want a collectible of.

Neo from The Matrix

:lecture

Muhammad Ali

Very likely...

Rick Deckard
John McClane
Maximus
Neo

Maybe, yes, yes, yes

A few I think might be pretty big across the board would be....

Ozzy Osbourne
Dale Earnhardt Sr.
Hannibal Lecter
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)
Clint Eastwood

No, no way..., possibly, no, very likely

Selene from Underworld

Mad Max Rockatansky from Mad Max series.

Yes, and possibly...

Rick Grimes.

Unlikely

Alex from "A Clockwork Orange."

Unlikely

- Diehard John McClane
- Kill Bill The Bride

Yes, not likely

pulp fiction. vega & winnfield

Mhmm.... I wouldn't say instant hit...

Chewbacca.
:yess::clap:hi5:

Britney Spears
:dunno

Maximus from gladiator

Yes!

IMO,
if done right, Ghostbusters!

The character/person would have to be someone who could cross all lines of society and culture. It would have to be able to pick up the causual fans who wouldn't normally buy these types of items.
But it's more than that. It is casual fans willing to shell out $200 plus for a dolly. That makes the choice a bit more difficult than saying, "who is the most popular person in the world." Because otherwise, folks like Britney Spears and Lady Gaga would be really popular as figures at certain times. But I don't think they would be, as evidenced by the lack of overwhelming success of the Michael Jackson figures.

Sports collectors might likely be willing to spend that amount for the more iconic stars, though.

Madmax
Deckard
John McClain
Snake Plissken
Blondie
Herbert West
Tall Man
Cobra
Donny "The Bear Jew" Donnowitz
Boondocks Saints
Jules, Winston, Butch, Mia Pulp Fiction
Gecko brothers + Jacob Dusk til Dawn
Laurie Strode Halloween
Jareth the Goblin King
Walking Dead

But it's more than that. It is casual fans willing to shell out $200 plus for a dolly. That makes the choice a bit more difficult than saying, "who is the most popular person in the world." Because otherwise, folks like Britney Spears and Lady Gaga would be really popular as figures at certain times. But I don't think they would be, as evidenced by the lack of overwhelming success of the Michael Jackson figures.

Sports collectors might likely be willing to spend that amount for the more iconic stars, though.

I think if Hot Toys did a Lady Gaga or Britney Spears, their fans would definitely buy them up. I personally wouldn't want either, but Gaga especially has a lot of crazy, delusional fans who will shell out the big bucks. :lol

I think if Hot Toys did a Lady Gaga or Britney Spears, their fans would definitely buy them up. I personally wouldn't want either, but Gaga especially has a lot of crazy, delusional fans who will shell out the big bucks. :lol
Wouldn't you expect the same from Michael Jackson fans, who must be amongst the most rabid in existence? Yet their Thriller figure went on clearance at Hastings, and you can get the "exclusive" Beat It version for below retail at this point.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be reasonably popular, but I don't think they would be "instant hits and sell out in record time."

noname.jpg

Back