WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell is this thread doing so far back? I can?t have been the only one to have seen the first episode at comic con? I loved it it?s great, some expected things, some unexpected things some things that are not what you think they are that will surprise you.

Amazing acting, atmosphere and music... there are posts above suggesting it will be bad? You?re totally wrong.

Can?t wait to see the rest of the series!!

What the hell is this thread doing so far back? I can?t have been the only one to have seen the first episode at comic con? I loved it it?s great, some expected things, some unexpected things some things that are not what you think they are that will surprise you.

Amazing acting, atmosphere and music... there are posts above suggesting it will be bad? You?re totally wrong.

Can?t wait to see the rest of the series!!

Cause it's trash. I'm tired of wasting my time watching trash. Maybe other people are too.

I lost 90% of my excitement the day they announced Damon Lindelof as the showrunner. None of the trailers have changed my mind. Thank God Mr. Robot is back too.

My plan is go back and watch the extended version of the movie and see if that helps spur any interest in seeing this series.

Hearing amazing things. Really had no doubt after the trailers. And another excuse to rewatch the Snyder film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90% on Rotten Tomatoes.
giphy.gif

Yikes...

Not getting off to a good start would be putting it mildly.

I feel like I just watched some propaganda piece for "woke" culture.

I can see why it's getting good critic reviews though, this is the kinda **** they just eat up these days.

The Rorschach followers are essentially klan members that wear Rorschach costumes instead of klan robes.

Yes, they play in to how his ideologies run parallel with their own so much that they see him as a role model.

It's just.... I dunno... it's very disappointing they took this route with the story. It's so played out right now.

Gave it a chance, but it was awful. The lead is a short middle-age woman with zero muscle tone. who can kick down doors and knocks big men out with one punch. Never seen that before! Watchmen in name only, more like Wokeman. Seems like it just checks off the boxes. Mary Sue main character, White supremacy every where, guns bad, Don't really know who this was made for. If you're a fan of Watchmen, there nothing for you here. HBO, you gave us the great Chernobyl series, so I forgive you for this pile of crap.

I just torrented this so HBO can't get my money, and now I'll hate watch the first few minutes or so until I get bored and delete it.

I’m just super confused at what this has to do with Watchmen or why it seems so focused on racial tensions. A better route to go would have been to just turn the actual graphic novel into a well done series, the movie was great but imagine how good and in depth a series could have been.....instead we have this. I’ll give it a few more episodes before I bail but even the preview of what’s to come over the series didn’t look hopeful.

Also, I get the police hiding their faces with masks angle and even why some seem to have adopted almost superhero-like adaptations of this but that one dude in the giant themepark panda head piece, this show may have lost me with that alone.

Back