WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

What the hell was that?
That's not Watchmen.

Yup...if Damon Lindelof and some folks at HBO have an idea for an original new TV show that they are really excited about...more power to them...but why drag the Watchmen name into it? Why not just call it Maskmen?

This looks great.

So bad...so bad...I like cereal but if I go to a restaurant and order filet mignon and they bring me a bowl of cereal instead I'm not paying the check. You call your show Watchmen and then you give me this...? Don't call it steak on the menu if it's cereal and I won't be disappointed when the cereal shows up...just bad...

Another adorably predictable response from this forum! You lot are nothing if not consistent I guess. ^_^

Looks Straight up amazing I’d pay good money to see this in theaters right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the rorschach KKK, what makes this watchmen?

DUH!! They go "tick tock tick tock" which is the noise an old watch makes....cause they're the WATCHmen??

I rolled my eyes so hard at this I think I detached my retinas. I agree that this most likely was some generic super hero project that they put the Watchmen name on during pre-production just to get it greenlit. Other than the title it looks like it has nothing to do with the actual characters. Except the guys that were probably wearing pointy hoods in the first draft are wearing Rorschach masks now.

Lol what are you people talking about. This clearly looks like a distant sequel to watchmen. Like a 20 years later thing. What about it doesn’t look like watchmen ???? You got a couple masked hero’s. Rorschach’s journal being taken into effect. The whole government political angle. Also seems stylistically on par with Snyders Watchmen. Not to mention some of the best actors working, Regina King, Jean Smart, Jeremy Irons ?!?The left overs was some of the best television ever made which was also made by lindelof. And with an HBO budget. How could anyone complain. They already damaged watchmen with the doomsaday clock dc story line and the before watchmen books. How could a HBO remix spinoff really ruin your precious watchmen now?

I just don't have any interest in this. It being a sequel set in alternate present day doesn't really appeal to me.

I would've rather had, say, a prequel with the Watchmen starting out (or just a Rorschach/Nite Owl show) - though I probably would've been scared they'd screw it up.

What is this trash?

It's a sequel to Watchmen written by Damon Lindelof who is unfortunately an internet punching bag, mostly for dummies who don't know much about his career or the circumstances under which young writers work. And also some totally legit smart people who just don't like his stuff.

Also if it's trash you should eat it right up, Sweet Rabbit.

Psshhtt anyone who thinks the best case scenario would be a direct sequel with Rorschach and nite owl and the whole gang is not thinking right.

It's a sequel to Watchmen written by Damon Lindelof who is unfortunately an internet punching bag, mostly for dummies who don't know much about his career or the circumstances under which young writers work. And also some totally legit smart people who just don't like his stuff.

Also if it's trash you should eat it right up, Sweet Rabbit.
What'd this supposed to mean? It sounds like "X would have been good but..."
The projects he's been attached to can speak for themselves.
More wiffs than hits.
When he tries to get overly cerebral he just spirals out of control and just gets lost in his own plans.

This is a tough project. Better filmmakers than him have tried to adapt watchmen for years and conceded.

End of the day, I'll be watching it and weighing it on its own merits. But his track record is not ideal to elicit excitement over a project like this.

Alan Moore is one of the best writers period (yes, also one of the biggest egos as well). What makes him so amazing is knowing when to tie off a narrative. End it before it becomes a tired, sad parody of itself. Plan a story with a beginning, middle and end and leave it. Revisiting Watchmen just doesn't seem necessary.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong. Maybe he's seeing something we're missing.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Back